Become a Patron!

fire buttons gettin STUCK

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It maybe that all my mechs are clones, I cant afford authentics so dont be mad please. But I have a 18650 brass stringray magnetic button, gets stuck enough I quit using it. My Chi You Style of Mojo was workin awesome for about a 3 weeks then out of NO WHERE the fire button was gettin stuck in the fire position. It is using a spring, should i upgrade to magnets? I have taken it apart to clean it which doesn’t seem to have helped.
how do I take a part the button on the stingray? This is which one I have:

http://www.vaperoyalty.com/hcigar-stingray-mod-brass/

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mine gets stuck all the time. I fixed it by buying 4 nemesis. I never use my stingray anymore. can't help with the chi. I have handled quite a few and never had any of them auto fire and they were all from fasttech or Hcigar.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a brass stingray clone. I completely took apart the firing button and ran it in the UC - worked perfectly after that! (You have to be careful you don't lose that rice pin - there's a youtube somewhere I found helpful).

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mine gets stuck all the time. I fixed it by buying 4 nemesis. I never use my stingray anymore. can't help with the chi. I have handled quite a few and never had any of them auto fire and they were all from fasttech or Hcigar.

I have a brass stingray clone. I completely took apart the firing button and ran it in the UC - worked perfectly after that! (You have to be careful you don't lose that rice pin - there's a youtube somewhere I found helpful).

thnx. i may just have to replace it.....ah man.......hahahaha thinkin bout a box mod, 150w. idk..................

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before you did that, did you ever try taking it apart and cleaning it?

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nemesis. it's your only option.
FA75DDBD-1D40-44C9-BC3D-4492EAA74422_zpslbq04bct.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the stingray, use some very fine wet sand paper like 800 or higher and lightly sand the male and female of the bottom two pieces in this pic (stolen from google search).
The male slides up to make a connection with the battery and the fit was very tight and crunchy on my hcigar when I got it. After I touched it with some wet sand and then hit it with some metal polish it got smoother. You need to keep that button clean too, it will start to look like this after a week of use.
Not familiar with the other mods.

8yqe5uhu.jpg

Like Amanda said... don't lose that pin! It keeps the button from spinning endlessly. If you do lose it I hear you can cut a section out of one of those big office office paper clips handle. I think fat daddy has replacement pins too.

Also "cleaning" a button is usually not enough. You need to polish the parts that contact each other to keep it smooth and corrosion free on a regular basis.

Last edited:

TRIPDUBZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Funny I acquired an extra nemesis and took the switch and used it in my black copper stingray - works so well... I also got a tugboat V2, which has an abnormally long 510 pin. This works well with the (absolutely retarded) floating 510 connection on the stingray. I believe there are a few sites you can buy extra nemi switches from too.... just some thoughts.

trapdaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It maybe that all my mechs are clones, I cant afford authentics so dont be mad please. But I have a 18650 brass stringray magnetic button, gets stuck enough I quit using it. My Chi You Style of Mojo was workin awesome for about a 3 weeks then out of NO WHERE the fire button was gettin stuck in the fire position. It is using a spring, should i upgrade to magnets? I have taken it apart to clean it which doesn’t seem to have helped.
how do I take a part the button on the stingray? This is which one I have:

http://www.vaperoyalty.com/hcigar-stingray-mod-brass/
My magnetic switch did the same thing, but I tore it down, put some Vaseline on it and have not had one single problem in 3 months so far. You can find videos on you tube on how to take apart the switch. Be careful with the screw because it works on magnets and is set for both magnets to repel against each other. Also, once you get that apart, there is a small pin inserted that enables the switch's safety lock. DO NOT lose that pin. Put some Vaseline between the two parts and reassemble. I did this and it works beautifully :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Save up for authentic mods only way to keep vaping alive and safe for all. Support the creator of mods instead of people who clone it. Don't take long for it save up enough to get a piece of greatness.

trapdaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Save up for authentic mods only way to keep vaping alive and safe for all. Support the creator of mods instead of people who clone it. Don't take long for it save up enough to get a piece of greatness.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with clone mechs! Hell, most are better than originals! Nothing dangerous about them unless you don't take care matching coils to batteries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For the stingray, use some very fine wet sand paper like 800 or higher and lightly sand the male and female of the bottom two pieces in this pic (stolen from google search).
The male slides up to make a connection with the battery and the fit was very tight and crunchy on my hcigar when I got it. After I touched it with some wet sand and then hit it with some metal polish it got smoother. You need to keep that button clean too, it will start to look like this after a week of use.
Not familiar with the other mods.

View attachment 12192

Like Amanda said... don't lose that pin! It keeps the button from spinning endlessly. If you do lose it I hear you can cut a section out of one of those big office office paper clips handle. I think fat daddy has replacement pins too.

Also "cleaning" a button is usually not enough. You need to polish the parts that contact each other to keep it smooth and corrosion free on a regular basis.
howd u get that white plasticy delrin piece out

sent from tapatalk with a tiny keyboard. so typos are gonna happe sorry

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just unscrew it. this threaded on the outside. I'm going to go over my stingray one more time and clean it up and send it through the vapor degreaser at work. it's a great mod just the auto fire gets on my nerves.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just unscrew it. this threaded on the outside. I'm going to go over my stingray one more time and clean it up and send it through the vapor degreaser at work. it's a great mod just the auto fire gets on my nerves.
i have tried before. literally just did it again. first tried the magenet, it got the delern. damn. thnx. love the mod too.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i'm not sure what you are saying but you can hold the switch and take a flat blade screw driver and unscrew the metal contact and the white delrin and it will come apart then you can unscrew the contact that actually moves up and down when pressing the button. then be careful not to lose the rice pin (I have used paper binding clips to replace my rice pins) and it will look like the picture above all dissembled. clean her up and put back together. I found the lock ring stop was bent and it would get hung up on the mod and cause the autofire. that's why I don't use it anymore. I have to "reshape" the lock ring stop.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i'm not sure what you are saying but you can hold the switch and take a flat blade screw driver and unscrew the metal contact and the white delrin and it will come apart then you can unscrew the contact that actually moves up and down when pressing the button. then be careful not to lose the rice pin (I have used paper binding clips to replace my rice pins) and it will look like the picture above all dissembled. clean her up and put back together. I found the lock ring stop was bent and it would get hung up on the mod and cause the autofire. that's why I don't use it anymore. I have to "reshape" the lock ring stop.
im sayin it worked. thanks a bunch!!!

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im sayin it worked. thanks a bunch!!!

cool. just keep it clean. at least once a week esp if that is your only mod. but if you have some your rotate with then you can do it every other week. I wanted to send my blue nemesis through our vapor degreaser but we are out of chemicals. *sigh* so I just took it apart and cleaned up everything and dry lubed with a graphite pencil. you will be surprised how well a pencil will improve continuity in your device.

tmeuan62

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a problem of it getting stuck mine gets hot on my smoker I have alot of mods and i dont use my smoker anymore it's just not worth it. Just my Box mods I have no problem. Maybe you should think about investing in a box they are really nice never had problems with it.

VU Sponsors