Become a Patron!

Firmware upgrade question

I need to know if i can use the firmware updater for the full-size smok x-priv to upgrade my x-priv baby? I can't find any firmware for the baby version only the x-priv

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I don't know but I highly doubt it. They are so different.
Does your baby have an issue?

Yeah i kinda figured it wouldn't work like that. Thanks for the help though now i know for sure it won't work.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'll take an edjimacated guess and say there's probably no FW update. They build it with that internal battery and ship it out. Anything shy of being able to return it to where you bought it [since smok's customer service is crap], means it's basically a disposable mod. Only thing is, if it's not working properly you might get the original FW from smok [big might] and try to reinstall it. Otherwise it's a dead horse, imho.

Yeah I just need the original really. I just bought it online and it wasn't acting right from the start. It took me like 3 hours to get it to turn on our even take a charge. Bc it wouldn't do either of those things when I first opened it. I was hoping that firmware would straighten it out. But your right if Smok doesn' send it to me I'll just deal with what I've got. Still works just a lil buggy.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Have any details on "wasn't acting right"?
Or what it was doing to take 3 hrs to turn on?
If you can give symptoms there's bound to be someone that knows about it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do not do that. They're calibrated for different wattage ranges n stuff.

Email Smok. They might send you the file. I've gotten unpublished uipgrades for my Procolor and my X-Priv from guys who got them from Smok directly.

I emailed Smok earlier today. Haven't gotten a response yet. Well when i first took it out if the box out wouldn't turn on. So i figured it was dead. I plugged it in and it wouldn't take a charge. The display came on when I plugged it in but it stayed on zero percent for like 2 hours. So I started reading threads about that mod and I saw somewhere that there's a reset button by the charging port. I took a paper clip svc suck it in the reset hole and plugged the charger back in when I came back like 30 minutes later it was charging. Not sure if the reset thing worked but it's been working now at least.

Oh yeah and now everything seems to be working as it should except when I take a vape now the battery percentage will go down from say 87% to 79 or 80% then it will start going back up to around 82 or 83%.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Whats your atomizer and coil? From the kit?

Right now I'm using my Freemax mesh pro. With a triple mesh coil in it. The plan is to put my Wismec ruelex mini tank on it. When the new glass for it arrives.

VU Sponsors