Become a Patron!

First big mail call: suggestions with what I have?

Vaping_MD_Student

Member For 2 Years
I just placed an order with Wizard Labs and it came in today. I'll give a list of what I got (plus a few flavors I've been playing around with prior to this order). Please let me know if y'all have any good recipes based on what I have. If you have a good recipe, but I'm missing one flavor, feel free to post that too. Also, feel free to let me know if there are any other flavors that are super common in DIY recipes that I should add to my collection, and let me know what kinds of recipes I might find them in. I've already got a Twisted Java clone, an Andromeda clone, a blueberry cheesecake, and butter pecan ice cream steeping. Thanks y'all!
  • CAP Blueberry Extra
  • CAP Butter Pecan
  • CAP Silver Cinnamon Sugar
  • CAP French Vanilla
  • CAP Glazed Donut
  • CAP Pomegranate V2
  • CAP Rainbow Candy
  • CAP Simply Vanilla
  • CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
  • CAP Vanilla Cupcake V2
  • FW Cinnamon Roll
  • TFA Blueberry (not new)
  • TFA Caramel
  • TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
  • TFA Cubano
  • TFA Kentucky Bourbon (not new)
  • TFA Mocha
  • TFA Peppermint
  • TFA RY4 (not new)
  • TFA Sweetener (not new)
  • TFA Vanilla Swirl (not new)
  • TFA Vanillin (not new)
  • TFA Virginia (not new)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FW Cinnamon Roll at 5-10% (adjust to desired strength)

6% Blueberry Extra (I've been using TFA)
4% VBIC (also using TFA) (you could also try 3-4% Vanilla Swirl)
2% TFA Dairy Milk (Ice Cream recipes are better with Cream added IMO)
1% INW Biscuit (3% TFA Cheesecake Graham might work)
1% FA Marshmallow (sub 1 drop of sweetener in 15ml)

Never tried the CAP Butter Pecan but the FW brand is awesome, along with Hazelnut:D.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or you could do what I did and I’m sure many others have done, which is to read through the recipes on this thread and see what looks interesting to you. The recipes often include the mixers notes and thoughts from other who have tried them. If you want to narrow it down, look for recipes from HIC, Deek’s, wllmc, and Squonk. There are many other good mixers on here in addition to them. Just sharing what I did.

Vaping_MD_Student

Member For 2 Years
Or you could do what I did and I’m sure many others have done, which is to read through the recipes on this thread and see what looks interesting to you. The recipes often include the mixers notes and thoughts from other who have tried them. If you want to narrow it down, look for recipes from HIC, Deek’s, wllmc, and Squonk. There are many other good mixers on here in addition to them. Just sharing what I did.

That's actually how I decided on the flavors I was going to buy. I found a few recipes that sounded good and picked up 30mL of each ingredient. From there, I added a few more that sounded good to me. I think I made it through 10 pages, but the unfortunate reality is that I have to spend more time studying than browsing here. I've asked the Dean of Student Affairs if I could put in a formal complaint that med school is taking all of my time away from my hobbies.. She said I could feel free to if I wanted to give the board members a good laugh haha. Anyway, my hope with posting this is that someone might swing by and post something from further back in the forum, or someone might think of a good recipe that I can almost make. I'm sure I'll be placing another order in the not too distant future haha

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's actually how I decided on the flavors I was going to buy. I found a few recipes that sounded good and picked up 30mL of each ingredient. From there, I added a few more that sounded good to me. I think I made it through 10 pages, but the unfortunate reality is that I have to spend more time studying than browsing here. I've asked the Dean of Student Affairs if I could put in a formal complaint that med school is taking all of my time away from my hobbies.. She said I could feel free to if I wanted to give the board members a good laugh haha. Anyway, my hope with posting this is that someone might swing by and post something from further back in the forum, or someone might think of a good recipe that I can almost make. I'm sure I'll be placing another order in the not too distant future haha
ok - give me your two favorite profiles ie vanilla custard, strawberry, etc and I will point you to a few that I enjoy.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go to elr recipes, sort by most popular, go through the list looking for recipes you think you would like and see what flavors you are lacking. Same for vu. My personal app has a method off adding flavors with a click that I’m missing to a list. When ordering, I use the list

Vaping_MD_Student

Member For 2 Years
ok - give me your two favorite profiles ie vanilla custard, strawberry, etc and I will point you to a few that I enjoy.

I generally tend to stick with bakery style flavors. If I'm trying a new company, I'll usually look for a cinnamon roll flavor (or something close) as well as a strawberry flavor of some sort (my favorite is White Label Juice Co strawberry custard - strawberry milk is a close second, but the milky sweetness is a bit too powerful in that one).

That said, once I feel I've gotten the hang of the bakery-style flavors, I'll probably venture into cereals. I've seen a mega thread on here for that (3 or 4 pages back?) and will be using that one to start. If you have any other suggestions for good intro info, I'm all ears.

Vaping_MD_Student

Member For 2 Years
Thanks y'all! I just pulled up ELR and will be browsing it later this evening.

I know there's a lot of info on these boards and I'm not asking questions to try to have other people do the searching for me. What I'm hoping to get from my questions is either responses with general info, being pointed in the direction of somewhere I can do my own research quickly (ELR sounds like exactly that), or links to threads y'all know of and can find without putting much time at all into it. I've mentioned I'm extremely busy and I'm sure y'all are too.. I don't have any delusions that y'all just sit on VU waiting for a newbie to show up so you can search for your favorite threads for them haha. All that to say, I appreciate all the help I get here!

I don't want to misplace posts or start threads that just frustrate people, so since I've already got a thread going here, I'll ask a follow-up question for anyone who sees it.. If I'm working on a recipe and want some feedback, should I post that in the General Discussion board or the Recipes board? I'm thinking it would be helpful to leave my mixing notes, like a particular flavor in my mix is too powerful or that I think it's missing a general flavor profile (e.g., sweet, creamy, bright note) or specific flavor that I don't know how to bring forward.. Am I correct in that?

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I generally tend to stick with bakery style flavors. If I'm trying a new company, I'll usually look for a cinnamon roll flavor (or something close) as well as a strawberry flavor of some sort (my favorite is White Label Juice Co strawberry custard - strawberry milk is a close second, but the milky sweetness is a bit too powerful in that one).

That said, once I feel I've gotten the hang of the bakery-style flavors, I'll probably venture into cereals. I've seen a mega thread on here for that (3 or 4 pages back?) and will be using that one to start. If you have any other suggestions for good intro info, I'm all ears.
Easy - on here look up Deek’s berry custard and Deek’s raspberry custard. These were the first two I started with. On elr, strawberry milks and sweet strawberry cream are good as well. For a twist, try Addys custard also on elr - strawberry, blueberry and kiwi with custard.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...If I'm working on a recipe and want some feedback, should I post that in the General Discussion board or the Recipes board? I'm thinking it would be helpful to leave my mixing notes, like a particular flavor in my mix is too powerful or that I think it's missing a general flavor profile (e.g., sweet, creamy, bright note) or specific flavor that I don't know how to bring forward.. Am I correct in that?
Personally, I would post a thread in DIY Liquid - General Questions, 'cause the Recipes section is for final recipes. However, for the time you're working on a recipe, make just small mixes, e. g. 10 - 15 ml only. It's less painful, when you have to dump the mix. Personally, I mix 10 ml in a 15 ml bottle, which leaves me ample of space to add some flavors. Always take notes! Don't change too many flavors at once!

Vaping_MD_Student

Member For 2 Years
Personally, I would post a thread in DIY Liquid - General Questions, 'cause the Recipes section is for final recipes. However, for the time you're working on a recipe, make just small mixes, e. g. 10 - 15 ml only. It's less painful, when you have to dump the mix. Personally, I mix 10 ml in a 15 ml bottle, which leaves me ample of space to add some flavors. Always take notes! Don't change too many flavors at once!

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to start doing that.. I'm actually about to have to get rid of quite a bit. Given, most of that is an old version (and epic failure) of a clone I've been trying to work out since I started mixing. It was still better than spending $18 for 30 mL, but now that I know which ingredient was completely wrong, I want those bottles back haha.

So far, I've been starting with 30 mL batches with the plan to increase volume to 60 mL and then 100 mL as necessary. For that Vanilla Bourbon Tobacco clone I'm working on, I definitely don't mind doing the math to adjust ratios of flavorings as I add volume. Sure, it makes huge quantities, but that's my all day, on the go vape. The other, sweeter flavors I'm playing with do get to be a bit frustrating since I tend to be picky on that front.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to start doing that.. I'm actually about to have to get rid of quite a bit. Given, most of that is an old version (and epic failure) of a clone I've been trying to work out since I started mixing. It was still better than spending $18 for 30 mL, but now that I know which ingredient was completely wrong, I want those bottles back haha.

So far, I've been starting with 30 mL batches with the plan to increase volume to 60 mL and then 100 mL as necessary. For that Vanilla Bourbon Tobacco clone I'm working on, I definitely don't mind doing the math to adjust ratios of flavorings as I add volume. Sure, it makes huge quantities, but that's my all day, on the go vape. The other, sweeter flavors I'm playing with do get to be a bit frustrating since I tend to be picky on that front.
As mentioned, for experimentation I just make 10ml, and use a RDA for testing. Otherwise, for my final recipes, I usually make 60ml, 120ml, or 250ml, depending on the flavors. Some flavors fade rather quickly, thus I'm using smaller mixes.

VU Sponsors