Become a Patron!

First Build. Thoughts and Suggestions?

FoxVapor

Just a baby in the Vape Game
VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is my first RDA build. I know it's probably not perfect but so far it's been getting the job done. I have trouble getting the cotton through the coils so I'm thinking I might be using too much

2018-01-01 15.10.34.jpg 2018-01-01 15.10.51.jpg 2018-01-01 15.11.00.jpg 2018-01-01 15.11.06.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

-FV

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks pretty clean to me. for wick tightness, its just a matter of experience. if this is your first build, you wont 'feel' it yet, but after you vape that and re-wick it a few times youll start to get an idea of what works best. youll remember it was hard to pull through the coils and how it vaped, then at some point you might put your wicks through and think 'that felt too loose, ill try it anyway'...and eventually you will have all the reference points in your experience to feel whats too loose or tight before you even put juice on it. its not a super precise thing though either. there is a lot of middle ground, where your wicks will work fine, and only a little window of 'too tight' or 'too loose' where it doesnt work 'properly' (gets wet too slow, dries out too fast etc).

FoxVapor

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
looks pretty clean to me. for wick tightness, its just a matter of experience. if this is your first build, you wont 'feel' it yet, but after you vape that and re-wick it a few times youll start to get an idea of what works best. youll remember it was hard to pull through the coils and how it vaped, then at some point you might put your wicks through and think 'that felt too loose, ill try it anyway'...and eventually you will have all the reference points in your experience to feel whats too loose or tight before you even put juice on it. its not a super precise thing though either. there is a lot of middle ground, where your wicks will work fine, and only a little window of 'too tight' or 'too loose' where it doesnt work 'properly' (gets wet too slow, dries out too fast etc).

so it's all a matter of personal preference and trial and error until i find the amount of wick that i like, ok.

I also wanted to post the pre-made coils that I got to build with. I started with the Staggered coils which is what I have in right now. I can tell my wick needs to be replaced after a couple days cause it's starting to get a little clogged and it's not holding liquid quiet as long anymore.

these are the coils and one question I have is; the ohms they list on each tin, is that what the max is or what they should read what i put the RDA back on after rebuilding? 6 different coils all together

2018-01-01 19.10.41.jpg 2018-01-01 19.10.48.jpg 2018-01-01 19.10.59.jpg 2018-01-01 19.11.03.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I’m assuming that’s per coil so when you mounted the coils from the tiger pack instead of 0.3 it read 0.15 roughly correct?

FoxVapor

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’m assuming that’s per coil so when you mounted the coils from the tiger pack instead of 0.3 it read 0.15 roughly correct?
yup you are correct. that's what it's reading now. I was gonna put in two Claptons tonight

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Decks like the dead rabbit essentially have a two post system one side is negative and one is positive (the positive side is isolated with a peek insulator)

So when you mount just one coil across the negative and positive posts it will read it as stated at 0.3 (the resistance per coil) ...but because have added a second coil there is a new pathway for the current to travel so the resistance is now cut in half assuming here that both coils are equal of course

FoxVapor

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One thing I also have a question of, I'm getting burnt on the inside of my mouth sometimes when i vape at around 80 to 100 watts. is there a way to avoid this?

it's little shots of the ejuice i use that burn my mouth

my end goal is to be somewhat of a cloud chaser, since my favorite part of vaping is blowing big clouds

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
One thing I also have a question of, I'm getting burnt on the inside of my mouth sometimes when i vape at around 80 to 100 watts. is there a way to avoid this?

it's little shots of the ejuice i use that burn my mouth

my end goal is to be somewhat of a cloud chaser, since my favorite part of vaping is blowing big clouds

Could be oversaturating the cotton or coil with juice combine that with the 80-100 watts for a pair of Clapton’s and its heating and popping really quickly

VU Sponsors