Become a Patron!

First DIY Post. Strawberry Cake.

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is my first real post to VU and my first DIY recipe posted to the intertweb and I'm happy to share it with VU because you guys have helped me stay ON the vaping by showing that DIY is fun and tasty!

After 24yrs of Cigs at about 30 per day,
I've been cigarette FREE since March 24th 2015. And I will NEVER go back, EVER!

Sooo, after creeping around and learning I have my 100% original own creation to share.

For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.
Tweak this as you see fit, but please report back and share!

Made this MAX VG besides the flavouring!
Shake n Vape - Why wait?

5% (FW) Yellow Cake
5% (TFA) Strawberry Ripe
2% (FA) Vienna Cream
1% (FA) Meringe

This made me a 5ml sample bottle.
Tested on:
Dual Coil Kanthal 0.35ohm
Little Boy RDA with air wide open
Powered at 42w with a SMOK M80

What does it taste like?
Well the best I can describe It: Fluffy Strawberrys and light cake or almost a nestle strawberry quick taste. Its sweet but not overly. Its actually dang good.

Please post back what you think about this if you make it, tweak it ect. Thanks!

Last edited:

Raina

Member For 4 Years
Just ordered FW Yellow Cake on a whim and was trying to figure out what to do with it. Definitely gonna try this with FA Strawberry.

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Awesome posts guys/gals can't wait to read what you all think of it. ;)

PS. I just remade this again 10ml Max VG and added 0.5% more Yellow Cake. Now its not as sweet but more cake flavor, almost like corn bread texture to me. I love it both ways.

Keep the posts coming ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since it is FW, I'd mix standalone at least 10%, maybe even 12. I think all their flavorings taste "watered down." All the flavors I started out with came from Mt. Baker and they're decent, but nothing like what I've become accustomed to in FA.

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since it is FW, I'd mix standalone at least 10%, maybe even 12. I think all their flavorings taste "watered down." All the flavors I started out with came from Mt. Baker and they're decent, but nothing like what I've become accustomed to in FA.

This is true. That's why I'm slowly playing with the % of each flavor. Was going for a strawberry Cake flavor, but hey if it tastes good don't fight it lol

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been wondering what to do with fw yellow cake. I love cake. I mixed up at 5% and didn't get much cake. CONGRATS on your quitting smoking, I'll give this a go.

Thanks for the Congrats :) To you as well for being a Vaper... I agree that there is very little cake flavor in the original recipe. Maybe try it with 0.75% more Yellow Cake and report back.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Twinkie recipe I've been meaning to try, just haven't gotten to it yet. Can't get off HIC's Kaktus Collection right now....lol! This Kaktus-ade is amazing!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey boxboy, I'm not a strawberry fan, but I'm gonna try this w/o fruit and maybe add some cookie/Apple pie/ vanilla to see if I can make a good cake, I'll let yo know if I come up with anything worthy.

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just mixed this AGAIN same above recipe 5ml with the 0.5% more Yellow and added FW Vanilla Cup Cake 0.3%... Well its not a bad mix, makes it taste more like a cup cake and fluffy effect but kills the strawberry flavor more.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a Twinkie recipe I've been meaning to try, just haven't gotten to it yet. Can't get off HIC's Kaktus Collection right now....lol! This Kaktus-ade is amazing!
I tried a couple Twinkies recipes and I didn't think they were even close to Twinkies, or even very good. If you come up with one, please post it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Twinkie, hmmmm. Might be good. I seen one floating around someplace online.

Hey boxboy, I'm not a strawberry fan, but I'm gonna try this w/o fruit and maybe add some cookie/Apple pie/ vanilla to see if I can make a good cake, I'll let yo know if I come up with anything worthy.

Ohh Yes, please do. Love adventure :)

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, please report back with the FA Strawberry, I have this too but have not mixed it yet.[/QUOTE]

Will do, I used 5% fa strawberry. Out of the fa line strawberry seems like one of the weakest. I also added 2% cake batter. It helps make yellow cake more cakey.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@boxboy - Congrats on both the DIY and the quit thing!
recipe looks good! I've bookmarked till I get to the YellowCake.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.5% FA Cookie seems to make 5% vs yellow cake more cakier. I also added 1% FA Vanilla classic to it, but wish I wouldn't have so I could have seen results with just COOKIE. I did let this sit overnight.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried a couple Twinkies recipes and I didn't think they were even close to Twinkies, or even very good. If you come up with one, please post it.

Love the avatar. I can see how one could coax a Twinkie from fw yellow cake, by tasting it at 5% with .5% FA Cookie. I'm thinking fa Vienna cream to make filling. Random thoughts.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the one I have, but haven't tried. The only adjustment I'd probably make is to the sweetener. I have used it in other recipes, but not at that high percentage. Might cause cavities.....:confused:....lol! (No creator mentioned and don't remember where I got it)

Twinkie - The Real Deal

Start with PG/VG/Nic base of your choice.

· 5% Yellow Cake (FW)

· 5% Vanilla Cupcake (TFA)

· 4% Bavarian Cream (TFA)

· 4% Sweet Cream (TFA)

· 5% Sweetener (TFA)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Rob, I used...
5% FW yellow cake
1.5% FA Vienna cream
1% FA Vanilla classic
.5% FA Cookie....It's not a perfect Twinkie, but close..I think if you play with those 4 flavors at different %'s you'll get a Twinkie. I d start cookie at .25% and yellow cake at 4%…cookie needs to sit a day or 2 b4 you get full flavor.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the one I have, but haven't tried. The only adjustment I'd probably make is to the sweetener. I have used it in other recipes, but not at that high percentage. Might cause cavities.....:confused:....lol! (No creator mentioned and don't remember where I got it)

Twinkie - The Real Deal

Start with PG/VG/Nic base of your choice.

· 5% Yellow Cake (FW)

· 5% Vanilla Cupcake (TFA)

· 4% Bavarian Cream (TFA)

· 4% Sweet Cream (TFA)

· 5% Sweetener (TFA)
That's arnies recipe from the e liquid recipes site. I got it all but vanilla cupcake.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somebody's copied his recipe then. I have a lot of his in my notebook and they've all got his name on them. I'll note it on mine too. ;)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somebody's copied his recipe then. I have a lot of his in my notebook and they've all got his name on them. I'll note it on mine too. ;)
He has a ton of recipes listed there. I thought it was Arnies, perhaps I was mistaken. Only thing I heard him share somewhere he doesn't taste all his recipes, I think I read this, but don't quote this mind.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just hate when someone doesn't get credit for something they've made. My recipe notebook is HUGE (even had to start a second one), but anything I've copied has the author's name on it if it was available. I know how bad I am to forget things...lol!

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone gave this a taste test? Any feedback at all. Would love to know what you all think.

Raina

Member For 4 Years
I tried this as written, only subbing FA strawberry. It was a little strong and sweet for me right off the bat, so I'm steeping it. It's good, but I'm hoping the yellow cake will mellow out.

Raina

Member For 4 Years
Just tried this again after steeping for about 10 days... Much better. The buttery flavor in the yellow cake mellowed out and the strawberry really came forward. Reminds me of angel food with strawberry topping. Really yummy.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to try this but I have so many strawberry juices. Maybe I'll try raspberry or blackberry. Pear just doesn't sound right but maybe.

Raina

Member For 4 Years
Next time I make this I'm gonna try a caramel or nut flavor. I think a tiny touch of blackberry would be delicious

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just tried this again after steeping for about 10 days... Much better. The buttery flavor in the yellow cake mellowed out and the strawberry really came forward. Reminds me of angel food with strawberry topping. Really yummy.

Glad you like it :)

This is my first real post to VU and my first DIY recipe posted to the intertweb and I'm happy to share it with VU because you guys have helped me stay ON the vaping by showing that DIY is fun and tasty!

After 24yrs of Cigs at about 30 per day,
I've been cigarette FREE since March 24th 2015. And I will NEVER go back, EVER!

Sooo, after creeping around and learning I have my 100% original own creation to share.

For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.
Tweak this as you see fit, but please report back and share!

Made this MAX VG besides the flavouring!
Shake n Vape - Why wait?

5% (FW) Yellow Cake
5% (TFA) Strawberry Ripe
2% (FA) Vienna Cream
1% (FA) Meringe

This made me a 5ml sample bottle.
Tested on:
Dual Coil Kanthal 0.35ohm
Little Boy RDA with air wide open
Powered at 42w with a SMOK M80

What does it taste like?
Well the best I can describe It: Fluffy Strawberrys and light cake or almost a nestle strawberry quick taste. Its sweet but not overly. Its actually dang good.

Please post back what you think about this if you make it, tweak it ect. Thanks!
I just whipped up this recipe. DELICIOUS!! very easy to make the only tweak I made is I followed the 2 in 1 rule 2 parts Vienna cream 1 part fresh cream. Will make a 30ml batch now to steep because this 15ml I just made will be gone quick.

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just whipped up this recipe. DELICIOUS!! very easy to make the only tweak I made is I followed the 2 in 1 rule 2 parts Vienna cream 1 part fresh cream. Will make a 30ml batch now to steep because this 15ml I just made will be gone quick.
Super excited you like it! I never end up letting mine steep, end up Vapeing it to quickly lol

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I could vape cake or cake batter standalone....lol! Love cake vapes!
DIY Flavor Shack has a birthday cake flavoring that is absolutely dreamy!
Do you care to elaborate on the diy cake flavor you described? Also, have you tried there pound cake or angel food cake? I love cake flavors as well and I'm always looking for something that compares to fw- yellow cake and cap- cake batter.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.diyflavorshack.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Birthday-Cake-DIY
Tastes just like a big, white, frosted birthday cake. I like it at 5-6% standalone, but I have found if adding it to other mixes, it just acts as a sweetener, no "birthday cake" nuances.
I'll be honest with you, I have their pound cake and I've used it, but for the life of me I can't remember what the flavor was like. Guess I need to mix some up today. ;)
Have not tried their angel food, but will now.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BenjaTheNinja
I did her pound cake stand alone at 4%. It is pound cake and not bad. I let it steep one week. I would not go stronger. What I didn't like was I had to rewick. Most of my mixes don't require that and I can mix on the same rda with no issues. I could not get that flavor off. I would dedicate one rda to that flavor.

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://www.diyflavorshack.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Birthday-Cake-DIY
Tastes just like a big, white, frosted birthday cake. I like it at 5-6% standalone, but I have found if adding it to other mixes, it just acts as a sweetener, no "birthday cake" nuances.
I'll be honest with you, I have their pound cake and I've used it, but for the life of me I can't remember what the flavor was like. Guess I need to mix some up today. ;)
Have not tried their angel food, but will now.
Hmm, doesn't sound to intriguing if you say it didn't work well when mixing with other flavors. Thanks for the heads up. If you can't remember the pound cake it must've not been worth a damn. I got a free sample of the angel food cake when I ordered a bottle of holy vanilla so I'm going to sample it soon

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, the pound cake could very well have been a winner, but I'm working with over 400 flavors here and my office looks like a vape store, bottles everywhere....ha! I'll buy more of that birthday cake just to have it as a standalone, it really doesn't need anything else. There are some very good juices that are made with standalone flavors. TFA mocha is addictive....;)

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm, doesn't sound to intriguing if you say it didn't work well when mixing with other flavors. Thanks for the heads up. If you can't remember the pound cake it must've not been worth a damn. I got a free sample of the angel food cake when I ordered a bottle of holy vanilla so I'm going to sample it soon
Does it have a bread like taste to it? If not fa- cookie helps with that so I'm not worried. Also I'm not worried about the re-wicking concern you expressed. Years of smoking menthols and continuing to vape menthols have destroyed my palate. I can drip with a fruity menthol mix and when that burns off I can add a cream dessert base flavor and not taste menthol. Whereas other people would still taste menthol 5 drips later.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I say mix with other flavors I mean changing mixes on the same rda without rewicking. I don't mean mixing pound cake with say tfa strawberry ripe. I think it would mix well, it just sticks to wicks and coils. It really needs a dedicated rda, imo. Your experience may be different.

Part of the issue may be that I used 4%. I use her cranberry at a lot less and it does not do this as badly.

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, the pound cake could very well have been a winner, but I'm working with over 400 flavors here and my office looks like a vape store, bottles everywhere....ha! I'll buy more of that birthday cake just to have it as a standalone, it really doesn't need anything else. There are some very good juices that are made with standalone flavors. TFA mocha is addictive....;)
Oh I relate

51vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
will try it when i get my order in. thanks boxboy!

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone gave this a taste test? Any feedback at all. Would love to know what you all think.

I just mixed some up!

It's pretty nice, so thanks for the recipe. To me it needs a bit more strawberry; I'm thinking 2-3% of CAP Sweet Strawberry would perfect it. I'll give it a go now!

VU Sponsors