Become a Patron!

First ever full build!!

richdude

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, don't get too excited it's only basic, but it's my first ever coil wrap and came out exactly as steamengine said it would!
Kanthal A1 24ga
4mm id with 9 wraps 0.52ohm
Working very well!!

Onwards and upwards from here.

Feedback very much appreciated, so feel free to tell me how shit it is!!!

DSC_0872_zpsexvgy6em.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0872_zpsexvgy6em.jpg

DSC_0877_zpsacgibmdw.jpg
DSC_0875_zpswqkgmlq7.jpg

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice job, framed staple alien next with 46 awg wrap.

Is that the rda for the iJoy rdta Combo?

It looks fine though is your goal to Try a Clapton or something more complicated next.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

richdude

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks!!

Haha, yeah just let me knock one up quickly... Lol

Yeah that's the end goal just going slow at the moment (and onky have an old wired drill and not looked into what I need to set up for advanced stuff!) I did start with a pack of demon vapes 8 in 1 coil pack and picked up some ready rolled flat Clapton wire the other day so once I'm confident I'm wrapping, it's on!!

Its the limitless rdta, which from what I understand is pretty much the same thing!

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes I have the IJoy rdta Combo with the rda, and a few different decks it looks almost identical.

I did a video there last week on this cool little tool I got from a Russian vape company that does a lot of 3ď printed vape stuff,
Let me know what you think.

Youl have to bear with the Irish accent lol.

richdude

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The girlfriend is a Dublin lass so no worries about the accent, although not gunna lie hers is nicer lol, and much better than my bristolian West Country farmer voice hahaha!!

Looks like a good gadget and sounds pretty cheap too. Would be good to see in action though to see how it works. High quality video though be good to see how your camera deals with close ups as that seems to be where some videos fail!! Oh and thabks for not starting with a massive cloud, that shit is annoying Haha

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the back camera in the galaxy S7 Edge believe it or not,
I'll probably do another video making a fused Clapton or something simple.

One item I would highly recommend is the spool tamer either by beadalon or Ud does one there only one 2 pounds/euros and you can use them to automate claptoning.

Essential imo especially for higher have wire le 38 or 40 awg.

richdude

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is pretty impressive for a phone camera!! Well for watching on a phone anyway! Yeah would be good to see it in action.

I'll bear that in mind when I look to start making more advanced coils. Just started on diy juice to save some cash. Going to be moving from a flat to a house at the end of year, partially because I am running out of space for the vape supplies and also because I miss having a bbq!!! At that time I'll be looking to set up a vape station so I can set up jigs and everything and not have to worry about putting it all away after! Lol

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea i have a spare room I do all that shtuff in, I'll try get another video up by the weekend.

two2wheels

Member For 4 Years
Hi all, don't get too excited it's only basic, but it's my first ever coil wrap and came out exactly as steamengine said it would!
Kanthal A1 24ga
4mm id with 9 wraps 0.52ohm
Working very well!!

Onwards and upwards from here.

Feedback very much appreciated, so feel free to tell me how shit it is!!!

DSC_0872_zpsexvgy6em.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0872_zpsexvgy6em.jpg

DSC_0877_zpsacgibmdw.jpg
DSC_0875_zpswqkgmlq7.jpg
Looks a LOT better than my first build. :)

VU Sponsors