Become a Patron!

first ever vape ~ need some pr0 advice!

whatsup my vape peeps.

I've been lingering around different vape stores in my city recently, and they keep referring me to some garbage vape. I don't want to continously buy vape mods, just want to make sure I get the right one the first time around. I smoke ciggs (3-4 a day), not heavy.

- I want a box mod, and similar feeling to smoking ciggs.
- be completely safe (which I will further investigate how to handle/keep batteries)
- zero care for "big clouds"

Honestly.. i was so close to buying the SMOK 220W ALIEN since that's what everyone keeps telling me is good. I don't want to be vaping at a high wattage.. so I don't even know if the 220W is necessary. I would like to do it as a casual thing. I like the starter kit for the alien 220w - but don't know if this would be the right mod for me? Or.... should I just get those single battery eleaf pico w/e as a starter?

Please advise if there are any others you recommend for a beginner like me? :)

Let me know - thank you!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I would totally agree with a Pico but not the starter kit. Get a Pico 75 and something like a Mello 3 or a Nautilus mini - great MTL beginner atties

While lots of folks swear by the Alien, I see way too many posts from beginners having problems with the Alien

And welcome to VU :wave:

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I agree with the comments. A 220w mod isn't what you need, it isn't wrong or bad to get one down the line, but I wouldn't recommended for beginners, especially smok. You could regardless of the mods wattage, vape at the lower range, I do that too, just because my 150/200/220 and even 350w mods can go that high, at the end it always depends on tank/coils/Rba or RDTA setup. I can easily run a 15-35w coil on a 220w mod, and of course have longer vaping uptime, in comparison to my old al85 because of single/dual battery mods, but i am using it more than you would and not just on casual occasions. just throwing that out there for the future.

I would also recommend the same as luicy and huckleberried, but would add the smok spiral tank to it as well as the crown III if you're buying that higher mod, if not I am absolutely in love with my nautilus II tank, I don't own the prior version and wouldnt be able to comment on that. The Mello is great too, but I get better flavor from the nautilus and spiral, that I still use on my smaller mods. Guess it comes down to preference at the end.

Thanks for the input guys. Think I might just have to go w/ the PICO even though I absolutely love the way the 220W mod looks, but for a beginner and w/ some fears might be best to just do the Pico, and then down the road i'll go from there to see if I require more watts etc

Squall

Member For 2 Years
My first mod was the Jacvapour B-series tilt running about 11w, great little starting device but I soon moved on.
Personally I wished I'd gone for a more powerful mod from the off and saved some cash.

I mean you could buy something like the Alien or similarly powered mod and run it at low wattages with a MTL tank and if you decide to move on to Sub-ohming, an RDTA or a Dripper, you could just buy a new tank.

Probably a bit cheaper in the long run and 'nearly' everyone moves on from tootle-puffing eventually.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suggest getting an NLPWM and skip over the learning curve and waste of money ......

Attachments

• 09.28.17 005Small.JPG
    09.28.17 005Small.JPG
    437.6 KB · Views: 6

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, everyone got an opinion, me too.

My first opinion..... planning for the long run with a (modern) SMOK product?:crazy:

Another opinion? Go wit da Pico Hoss! Ferget the kits, plant a Kanger Sub tank Mini or eGo ONE Mega V2 on it. The STM comes with an RBA head but Ya can put it aside until you're ready for it and just use factory coils. The eGo ONE has an optional RBA coil available and it's actually the best coil for the tank and cheaper by the 5 pk than most regular coils. Many folks Just use 'em as throw aways.
2017-09-14_09.20.41.jpg

But then what could I know? I'm an old fucking man who don't hang out at vape shops where everbody gets suckered into buyin juice suckin SMOKS and then there scaret to go more than 50 feet from the store fer fear of runnin outta juice.

The shops loooove sellin dem SMOKS!

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Now here's a full kit that I would HIGHLY recommend for a starter! 75 watt and Does everything. It's upgradeable. Think there's even an upgrade that allows you to play that shitty bird (or whatever it is) game on the Damn thing. Whose SMOK kin do that? The tank accepts that same CLR rewickable/rebiuldable coils as the eGo ONE I mentioned. These coils are practically indestructible. If you just rewick them a 5pk will last a couple years.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-eVic-VTC-Mini-Full-Kit-with-TRON-S-Atomizer.html

Get yer coils here. .5 ohm for DTL 1 ohm for MTL. SHIT at this price get a 5pk of each. Try code MAP Ya might save a couple more pennies.

https://m.fasttech.com/p/2332701

Edit: I rebuild the .5 ohm DTL coils to 1.5 SS and power them at 13-18 watts. Ain't no need fer me to go any higher. I get happy clouds.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors