Become a Patron!

First few puffs are too strong

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Hi,

Everytime when I leave my mod for more than few hours, the first few puffs are really strong. For example I haven't been vaping on my Gen3 with TFV12 for more than 6 hours. Usually vape at 130w with this setup. I have to go as low as 80watts for the first few puffs and after that to 130 again. Just the throat hit is really hard, there is hardly any vapor at 80w. I use 3mg 50-50 liquid and Staggered fused clapton coils at .16.

The same happens with my RDA with the same setup.

Why is this happening?

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,

Everytime when I leave my mod for more than few hours, the first few puffs are really strong. For example I haven't been vaping on my Gen3 with TFV12 for more than 6 hours. Usually vape at 130w with this setup. I have to go as low as 80watts for the first few puffs and after that to 130 again. Just the throat hit is really hard, there is hardly any vapor at 80w. I use 3mg 50-50 liquid and Staggered fused clapton coils at .16.

Why is this happening?
I have learned the this could be because the coils are cold and completely saturated with cool liquid. In my opinion it is the lack of vapor and the presence of cool air and liquid that causes the throat hit/urge to cough. I typically push the button and blow gently in. I do this twice and the third is ok with little to no irritation hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would think in my opinion it is the totally satuartatdes coils giving you a great vape. Just my opinion though..............

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Not for me, even with 160w preheat for 0.2 sec.

Yesterday I tried it with 300w by mistake. After that everything seems like fresh air.:)

Tomorrow I will try to oversaturate my RDA and leave feedback if the same thing happened, but I was thinking more vapor=more throat hit.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
but I was thinking more vapor=more throat hit.
That much PG (at that wattage) is causing the big throat hit. Have you tried a higher VG ratio in your TFV12? 70/30 would probably be a more pleasant vape (at that wattage).

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,

Why is this happening?

I don't know why ... and I've never experienced that.

However, now that you know when this happens you could try a couple of tricks I used to use with mech mods when they were running a bit hot.

1) Turn the power off a couple of times during a puff for the first few.
2) Let a bit of air through between your lips and the DT during the first few puffs.
3) Shorten your drag time for those first few.

If you try any of these let us know how it goes :cool:

VU Sponsors