Become a Patron!

first inhale technique

antareez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
random question. something that i've noticed in all those youtube vaping videos reviewing mods is that when they do a first inhale, they do this really quick millisecond inhale immediately before the main inhale and in which vapor shoots out of the air holes. is that a technique that i don't know about that i should be doing? when i inhale i just go straight to a deep inhale. i thought it might have something to do with warming up the coil before blasting heat through it to keep it from burning out but my coil has lasted for over 4000 puffs so far and still going strong.

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
It’s called purging, you actually blow out instead of inhaling. I only benefit from it with spitty rdas.

Most of the time it will keep juice that’s heated up on the coil from spitting towards your mouth.

Some people purge tanks.. which I haven’t figured out why they do?.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s called purging, you actually blow out instead of inhaling. I only benefit from it with spitty rdas.

Most of the time it will keep juice that’s heated up on the coil from spitting towards your mouth.

Some people purge tanks.. which I haven’t figured out why they do?.
You purge some tanks to equalize the pressure in the tank....

And yeah a quick blow will reduce spitting.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The main reason they do this on the videos, is to preheat the coil and expel air from the lungs. Its a technique used in cloud chasing, the exhale gets the coil hot and vapor forming so you don't get "just air" during the first part of your inhale.
As others have said.. this is also useful for burning xtra juice off your coil to avoid spit back.

antareez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The main reason they do this on the videos, is to preheat the coil and expel air from the lungs. Its a technique used in cloud chasing, the exhale gets the coil hot and vapor forming so you don't get "just air" during the first part of your inhale.
As others have said.. this is also useful for burning xtra juice off your coil to avoid spit back.
i knew i wasn't crazy. i knew there had to be a reason. but i would look through all the comments and questions and no one ever asked. now i know. clouds, here i come!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
i knew i wasn't crazy. i knew there had to be a reason. but i would look through all the comments and questions and no one ever asked. now i know. clouds, here i come!
There is a lot more to "Clouds Bro" and you gotta practice. I suggest low or 0 nic, otherwise... its nic sic for sure. 100% VG with no nic or flavor gives the biggest clouds.
You should also notice in the vids, when they do the ramp up exhale, they also lean forward. This is to force more air out of their lungs so they can inhale move vapor one the inhale part. My full pull is usually 3.0 to 3.5 seconds (ramp up and inhale).
Next part takes some concentration.. holding your mouth position to exhale vapor in a straight line.
And of course getting used to massive vapor clouds so you don't choke and cough and look like a fool in front of your friends (or room full of cloud chuckers if you compete. lol)

antareez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is a lot more to "Clouds Bro" and you gotta practice. I suggest low or 0 nic, otherwise... its nic sic for sure. 100% VG with no nic or flavor gives the biggest clouds.
You should also notice in the vids, when they do the ramp up exhale, they also lean forward. This is to force more air out of their lungs so they can inhale move vapor one the inhale part. My full pull is usually 3.0 to 3.5 seconds (ramp up and inhale).
Next part takes some concentration.. holding your mouth position to exhale vapor in a straight line.
And of course getting used to massive vapor clouds so you don't choke and cough and look like a fool in front of your friends (or room full of cloud chuckers if you compete. lol)
right now i'm at 12 nic. every once in a while one of my tonsils will hurt like i have strep throat or something. so i'll switch it up with 9 nic. and i use the typical 70% VG. i haven't gone down to the lower subohms, i'm happy now at 0.4. and my pull is 5.0 to 5.5 seconds, very slow and deep. i started vaping a little over two months ago and i'm slowly gearing up to building coils and blowing big clouds. hence, watching all those youtube videos or reading forums. i don't know anyone who vapes so i have to get all my information online. but even if i don't graduate to advanced vaper, i still love all the information. that's half the fun of vaping, there's so much to learn and it's all fascinating. my friends think i'm nuts.

oh, and by the way, i tried the quick exhale and, yeah, my clouds were definitely bigger. nice!

biowar

Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I am very glad you asked this question as I was wondering the same thing, thinking it was pre-heat and stale vap removal

VU Sponsors