Become a Patron!

First Kit/E-Juice Suggestions?

Hello guys, i have wanting to start vaping for a few months now, but only now i am really going for it.
I had no clue on what to buy so i searched in a shop near my home(Portugal) and i came up with some Starter Kits and from youtube videos they look simple to use and are not expensive, since i am on a tight bugdet it is perfect for now(will probably invest more into better mods).
From this small list can you suggest any?
SMOK STICK X8 KIT
Starter Kit Q16 By JustFog
Vaporesso Cascade One Plus
Aspire Spryte AIO Starter Kit

As for E-Juices i have no clue on what to chose given that there are literally hundreds if not thousands of choices, would like suggestions for either no nicotine or very low amount of nicotine.
If you have any other suggestions for Kits also let me know!!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Welcome to the VU! :wave:

Vaporesso and Aspire are good brands. As far as juice goes... start with flavors you like in real life. I would avoid cherry or chocolate (these flavors do not translate well in vapes). If you want low nic I'd go with 3mg (.3%) non-salt.

Welcome to the VU! :wave:

Vaporesso and Aspire are good brands. As far as juice goes... start with flavors you like in real life. I would avoid cherry or chocolate (these flavors do not translate well in vapes). If you want low nic I'd go with 3mg (.3%) non-salt.
I'm considering the Vaporesso Cascade One Plus.
As far as juice do you know any good brands for low nicotine and high VG?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm considering the Vaporesso Cascade One Plus.
As far as juice do you know any good brands for low nicotine and high VG?
There is a list of recommended juice vendors on my blog. Right side, below the gear vendors. Link is below ;)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm not a fan of the all in one starter kits. For one major reason... if you don't like the vape.. tough. It is what it is. No way to make any adjustments. I generally suggest something like a kanger toptank mini starter kit. The box has up to 80w power (normally you will run 20-33 watts on the tank provided). The tank also comes with a mini rba (rebuildable) deck. Additionally, the 18650 battery can be removed to recharge on a charger OR charged via usb. So buy the kit now, later buy a charger and 2nd battery for no down time.
This allows you to increase or decrease the temperature of your vapor to your liking.

Advantage 2.. 80watts is enough to run a lot of low power tank and rda builds. So you wouldn't have to replace the actual box until you wanted to run larger tanks like a Smok Cloud Beast or Ijoy RDTA Combo.

An rba is basically an atomizer coil that comes apart so you can replace the wire and wick. There are only 2 posts for single coil. Why rebuildable? Well.. 1 factory coil... $2.99+ Canadian.. vs 30ft of 28ga wire for about $4.00 to $8.00 and a bit of cotton for the wick. Any NATURAL 100% pure cotton will do although cotton bacon is much better at $8.00 per package. 1 package would last a normal M2L vaper about 1 to 2 years.

I am sure there are other similar kits available, but this is the one I used.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@gbalkam gave some excellent advice on choosing a kit but the decision is ultiately yours. As far as juice goes, why not start in the local shop where you're considering buying a rig? I'm sure they'll let you try some juices to find one or two you like. Once you do that, then you can see about ordering them online to maybe save a buck or two. I don't know how bad customs and shipping to Portugal will be, but it might work out for you.

@gbalkam gave some excellent advice on choosing a kit but the decision is ultiately yours. As far as juice goes, why not start in the local shop where you're considering buying a rig? I'm sure they'll let you try some juices to find one or two you like. Once you do that, then you can see about ordering them online to maybe save a buck or two. I don't know how bad customs and shipping to Portugal will be, but it might work out for you.
I agree, even in private message he gave me more info, great dude :D

Last edited:
[Update]
@Countrypami
@gbalkam
@MWorthington
I have now purchased my mod. The guy at the store helped me a lot and recommended me this one->http://www.eleafworld.com/ikuu-i80-with-melo-4/ since i havent smoked in more than 5 years this would be just good to start(40€), and as for the juice he recommended the Forbidden Clouds:Freaky.
As for the experience itself, i have been loving this! even if it is probably not close to the most intense vaping experience since it only goes to 80w and my coil cant even operate under such high power, the vapes are so smooth and cold that it feels like my lungs get chilly which is exactly what i was looking for. Plus the Juice tastes very good, like strawberry and watermelon i think.
Anyway, i would like to thank you for your help, it really helped me a lot! Thank you!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
[Update]
@Countrypami
@gbalkam
@MWorthington
I have now purchased my mod. The guy at the store helped me a lot and recommended me this one->http://www.eleafworld.com/ikuu-i80-with-melo-4/ since i havent smoked in more than 5 years this would be just good to start(40€), and as for the juice he recommended the Forbidden Clouds:Freaky.
As for the experience itself, i have been loving this! even if it is probably not close to the most intense vaping experience since it only goes to 80w and my coil cant even operate under such high power, the vapes are so smooth and cold that it feels like my lungs get chilly which is exactly what i was looking for. Plus the Juice tastes very good, like strawberry and watermelon i think.
Anyway, i would like to thank you for your help, it really helped me a lot! Thank you!
Awesome! Glad your liking your new setup. It was my pleasure :inlove:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
BTW... just so you know... The Melo 4 will also accept the Aspire Atlantis coils. I have one in my Melo 4 right now. You might be able to find these cheaper than the EC2's.

Will the Aspire Triton 1.8 coils fit the Melo 4 D25 tank as well? What mtl coils fit the D25 4.5ml tank? The D25 is shoter in height than the D22.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @HDinis09 and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

My advice is to keep it simple and buy something that will allow room to upgrade or expand. I started with an iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini tank which is a MOD Kit I still use 4 years later but with different tanks although I still use the Nautilus Mini lately that MOD is used with the Nautilus X and is my Back Up carry device. Shit happens like last weekend I forgot to change out my batteries and my Sub Ohm TC setup died after dinner. Broke out the iStick and vaped for the rest of the night! Oh yeah that was with the built in battery with Pass Thru charging I heard so much bad BS about for 4 freaking years. Don't believe these self proclaimed experts because most of them have not used the device as long as you will or have already. Good Luck~!

VU Sponsors