Become a Patron!

first mechanical mod please help

OK I've been vaping for about 8 months now.i decided i wanted a mechanical mod so last week i got one. the store owner built my first wire setup up for me but last night i decided i wanted to try to do a build myself. well i was successful in the build. i vaped on it for about 3 hours (not steadily) and i added juice to my cotton and i hit the button without the cap and it caught on fire??any advice or help please!!

k100 mod
18650 battery
patriot cap
sleeper build with 22 gauge wire reading 0.13 ohms
3 % nicotine in butterscotch juice 50/50 pg/vg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only noticed that when I am rewicking and dry burning the coils. It may also have to do with the juice too, I vape deserts most of the time... sugar burning? Don't know.
If the wick was moist it leaves juice on the coils and dry firing with no wick in the coils lets the coils get really hot igniting the left over juice. I suspect 0.13 build is getting as hot as my 0.3 coil does dry burning. It has never been more than a small flame and the excess juice burns off in a couple seconds and is not an issue.

That is a very low resistance, I would use the best batteries available... what 18650's are you using?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
.13 with 50/50? That's got to be one hot vape. It's also pretty aggressive for a first build.

VU Sponsors