Become a Patron!

First parallel build

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just built my first parallel build all kanthal and it taste burnt but the cotton isn't burnt and has loads of jucie on it. Any help?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just built my first parallel build all kanthal and it taste burnt but the cotton isn't burnt and has loads of jucie on it. Any help?

Forgot to say its 26ga/5wraps .20ohms

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanthal always taste burnt to me, I don't use it

VAPE ON

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My other builds don't taste like that tho that's y I'm curious

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check ur coils bro, make sure they don't over lap

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since its ur first built, it has to be they way you wrap it....
Less cotton?
Wicking?
Clean ur atty?

VAPE ON

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How tight is your cotton threaded through it, if it bunches up at all when tugging it its too tight for that build, also when you first start vaping it may taste all kinds of weird, then it will taste fine after a bit. Parallels are great, high heat/lots of flavor and vapor and easy to build.

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since its ur first built, it has to be they way you wrap it....
Less cotton?
Wicking?
Clean ur atty?

VAPE ON
The cotton is just right in there but is there a special way to wick it?

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How tight is your cotton threaded through it, if it bunches up at all when tugging it its too tight for that build, also when you first start vaping it may taste all kinds of weird, then it will taste fine after a bit. Parallels are great, high heat/lots of flavor and vapor and easy to build.
Well I guess it could be bunched up lol idk I guess I can rewick it is there a particular way to wick it

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The cotton is just right in there but is there a special way to wick it?

Not really, look up Scottish Roll Wicking Method on youtube or google and thats how you should wick every RDA build....
Should look like this (The Wick, not the build)
20151128_164606-jpg.34720
20151128_164647-jpg.34721

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I roll the cotton then thread it through then use tweezers to see when the cotton would only touch the deck and cut it right there, so only the end tips touch the deck. I dont suggest placing them under the coil at all as you want as much air running around the coil as possible(I dont think you can put it under in your RDA anyways). I also will Fluff the tips as much as possible with a Exact-o Knife or my Tweezers before use, this makes sure the cotton isnt bunch up and makes it free flowing to the coil.

BEAUTIFUL
VAPE ON
Click this Link to see more :cool::p

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I roll the cotton then thread it through then use tweezers to see when the cotton would only touch the deck and cut it right there, so only the end tips touch the deck. I dont suggest placing them under the coil at all as you want as much air running around the coil as possible(I dont think you can put it under in your RDA anyways). I also will Fluff the tips as much as possible with a Exact-o Knife or my Tweezers before use, this makes sure the cotton isnt bunch up and makes it free flowing to the coil.

Click this Link to see more :cool:
That's my problem I stuff the cotton up under the coils lol sorry I'm a newbie

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's my problem I stuff the cotton up under the coils lol sorry I'm a newbie

Thats why we help, everyone starts from the beginning! With a bit of practice you will have the wick and builds down in no time, I replied to your other thread btw

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats why we help, everyone starts from the beginning! With a bit of practice you will have the wick and builds down in no time, I replied to your other thread btw
Yea I saw it lol that was a disaster of a fused Clapton idk what I was thinking lol that's why I tried the parallels

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea I saw it lol that was a disaster of a fused Clapton idk what I was thinking lol that's why I tried the parallels

Try Twisting the Wire until there is 3-5 ridges every half inch, wrap your coils, then while your twisted coil is on what your wrapped it on take a single strand of the same of thicker wire and wrap it between the twisted wraps. You will have a Twisted and Staged Heating Coil Build...Its easy and will give you great Results!
Something Like This:
HFdOMOD.jpg

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try Twisting the Wire until there is 3-5 ridges every half inch, wrap your coils, then while your twisted coil is on what your wrapped it on take a single strand of the same of thicker wire and wrap it between the twisted wraps. You will have a Twisted and Staged Heating Coil Build...Its easy and will give you great Results!
Something Like This:
HFdOMOD.jpg
d56be6949b1bfe3795a4c2d988500efd.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude you have to re wrap those coils,, and it looks like u don't have enough cotton try to push those in the middle dude

VAPE ON

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
3bffa777c9d41619997c7531f35981f8.jpg
. Definitely looks like poo compared to yours lol

Ive been building for just over a year though...I didnt start with a RDA either. I started by rebuilding Kanger Subtank and Aspire Atlantis Boilheads which are small and hard to work with compared to RDA's. I got pretty good at rebuilding them and then I bought a Hobo V2.1 RDA, which is one of the smallest decks to work on. I got pretty good at rebuilding that and jumped to a Twisted Messes RDA and have dont bigger builds and experimented much more.
My Coilhead Builds...Now Imagine having all that space to work in and getting hotspots out and not having shorts and then setting up the cotton...
Pic 1-24K/34N80 and Pic 2- 2x26K/36N80 Fused Clapton
20150922_114153-jpg.32528
20151006_120930-jpg.32541

My first True RDA Build (The Hobo I didnt consider a good RDA)
20150921_190135.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
3bffa777c9d41619997c7531f35981f8.jpg
. Definitely looks like poo compared to yours lol

Watch this, when you put your Parallels in use a low wattage or pulse them lightly and LIGHTLY pinch them or strum them like a guitar to get out hotspots, this will let them stay in the perfect shape:

And for your wicking:

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude you have to re wrap those coils,, and it looks like u don't have enough cotton try to push those in the middle dude

VAPE ON
OK I'm about to make new ones lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You can always just do a Twisted wire build instead of a Prallel if they get you down, t has the same effect and lowers your resistance-higher heat, more surface area and flavor/vapor production. They are simple to make and vape very well.
20151005_222133.jpg

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can always just do a Twisted wire build instead of a Prallel if they get you down, t has the same effect and lowers your resistance-higher heat, more surface area and flavor/vapor production. They are simple to make and vape very well.
View attachment 36496
Yea I made some before I'm looking for flavor

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cant beat a Fused Clapton for Flavor...and once you try them theres almost no going back...
I feel you there. Davis, did you get your problem sorted out?

I'm the illegitimate love-child of strategy and creativity. Now neither parent admits to having me.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your cotton should be nice and tight. No problem with tucking it under your coil. If you're doing a parallel and they're not even or if some wraps are a bit out of place, take a pair of pliers and while it's on whatever you wrapped it on, pull all 4 leads with the pliers. A good amount of tension will straighten the coil right out.

I'm the illegitimate love-child of strategy and creativity. Now neither parent admits to having me.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll try to post a picture of my build for a wicking reference though It's not a parallel.

Can't take a good picture now, but when threading it through it's not so tight that It pulls and moves the coil, but not so loose that there's space in between the coil & cotton. Its that perfect medium you have to find. As far as the length off the ends.. Mine are usually (guesstimate) about 2-3mm long.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors