Become a Patron!

First parallel coil

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my first parallel. 24g nichrome 80 because I'm out of kanthal. 3mm 5 or 6 wraps came out to .16 ohm. Took me 4 tries to get it. Looks like shit but vapes well. Any tips or advice will be helpful.

90bc3bfba7cc195aeeb1d98bbdd29a81.jpg

1fc88149f61b0c09481e09cf315babdf.jpg

tripleheadkick78

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's my first parallel. 24g nichrome 80 because I'm out of kanthal. 3mm 5 or 6 wraps came out to .16 ohm. Took me 4 tries to get it. Looks like shit but vapes well. Any tips or advice will be helpful.

Nice Job! As long as it vapes properly, i wouldn't mind imo Is that the Peerless RDA?

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Looking good Don! Great job

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it vapes well that's all that matters & it looks good anyway, I don't use RDAS so unfortunately I can't give any advice.
I'm more an RTA guy

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. It's the VV Icon RDA.
It's really nice & most importantly it vapes well & keeps you off the stinkies!
RDAS aren't really an efficient on the go vape for me though, to much messing about dripping if I'm working or going somewhere but as a at home vape they are great & the flavour I get off my tsunami is hard to beat to be fair.
Well done on your first parallel build my friend :)

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
:cheers:

Function over form my friend.
If you hit button, vapor is produced, and your mod didn't blow up?....winner winner chicken dinner

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
So how do you do this? Wrap both wires at the same time and lug both to the same posts? Probably a dumb q ..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So how do you do this? Wrap both wires at the same time and lug both to the same posts? Probably a dumb q ..

Not dumb, but yes. The fun part is keeping both wires parallel while wrapping and not crossing over one another. They also have to go into the posts parallel from all the videos I watched.

Watch a ton of videos. Hell I even learned a few things from al older rip tripper video. He's a freaking nut case but if you can get past the antics you can learn things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do know that this single coil ramps up damn fast and hits like a freight train.

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
Not dumb, but yes. The fun part is keeping both wires parallel while wrapping and not crossing over one another. They also have to go into the posts parallel from all the videos I watched.

Watch a ton of videos. Hell I even learned a few things from al older rip tripper video. He's a freaking nut case but if you can get past the antics you can learn things.

Yeah wow that sounds like it could quickly get out of control. That's pretty cool indeed. Lol yeah rip tripper is "chuckin tits" and all that. I watched his review of the revenger mod and was somewhere between entertained and second hand embarrassed haha. It's cool he does his thing I guess

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah wow that sounds like it could quickly get out of control. That's pretty cool indeed. Lol yeah rip tripper is "chuckin tits" and all that. I watched his review of the revenger mod and was somewhere between entertained and second hand embarrassed haha. It's cool he does his thing I guess

I find him amusing. To each his own. He does seem to have a led down a bit. Maybe better xxxx.

I did make this coil out of nichrome and, at least for me, it's a touch harder to work with than kanthal.

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
I find him amusing. To each his own. He does seem to have a led down a bit. Maybe better xxxx.

I did make this coil out of nichrome and, at least for me, it's a touch harder to work with than kanthal.

You did a really nice job considering the difficulty and first time. I've only used kanthal at this point pretty much for that reason. I'm a bit green. Can't imagine you used a jig to do that either

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You did a really nice job considering the difficulty and first time. I've only used kanthal at this point pretty much for that reason. I'm a bit green. Can't imagine you used a jig to do that either

Lol the first several attempts were with a jig. The last and successful attempt was freehand around the 3mm rod.

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
Lol the first several attempts were with a jig. The last and successful attempt was freehand around the 3mm rod.

Lol nice! It sounds way harder using a jig. I'm looking at mine made by half moon mods and I'm not sure I could fit 2 wires through the hole. I thought maybe since it looks like something someone milled out of aluminium and is maybe not so engineered..but that hole, just not sure

VU Sponsors