Become a Patron!

First RDA - Using Prebuilt Coils?

First post, been lurking for a couple of months since I started vaping.

I am thinking about picking up my first RDA (plus possibly an RTA). I'm not really interested at this point in building my own coils and want to take things one step at a time while I figure out if I like the whole rebuild-able thing.

Looking at the 1:1 Velocity Clone at FT and wondering what prebuilt coils from there I should pick up that will be compatible with this setup? I have done some reading on RDA's in general and want to make sure the coils I pickup aren't too large to be used in this RDA (as I have seen some comments mentioning this).

Thinking stainless 316L as I will mainly be using in wattage mode and probably playing around with TC if my Alien behaves.

Don't mind picking up several different styles to experiment I just don't want to buy something that flat out won't work.

Thanks

Thanks I just pulled up their site and they seem quite reasonable too.

Is there anything I need to pay attention to other than getting ones that will come out to the correct ohms?

Guess I am more worried about the size.

Right now I am vaping at 55w on a .4ohm coil in my Baby Beast.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks I just pulled up their site and they seem quite reasonable too.

Is there anything I need to pay attention to other than getting ones that will come out to the correct ohms?
Guess I am more worried about the size.

Right now I am vaping at 55w on a .4ohm coil in my Baby Beast.
Keep in mind that SS coils will have a lower resistance, but the Alien should handle it. I would look at the 26/36 fused Clapton coils here: https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/...sed-clapton-coils-x10-pcs?variant=22948136641 3 mm inner diameter 8 wraps. Each coil would be about 0.33 ohms so a dual on the Velocity would be about 0.16 ohms, but you need to go with what you are comfortable with.

VU Sponsors