Become a Patron!

First Reo, what am i doing wrong?

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received my first Reo. ordered on Monday and received on Friday, super-fast shipping, Yea. I am a relatively new vapor, February 16, 2014. have a collection of mods-MVP, Provari, Nemesis, Stingray and all using Kayfuns. Was looking for my ultimate vape, and thought the Reo would fit that bill. i am a little underwhelmed with the taste and vapor. I Assume that its user errror, and its my coil and wick builds fault. 28 gauge Kanthal,10 wraps, and organic cotton. Does anyone have suggestions on the best wick and coil for this? Thanks in advance.

Chip Chipperson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
whats your coil coming out to with 10 wraps?

and is this your normal build style for your KF's? Just curious if you need to drop down the # of wraps to see if that makes a difference?

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wrap with 28g on my reos at no more than 6 wraps. vape is great. it is your build. don't be discouraged. lessen your wraps and give it a try.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
also coil position is very important. make sure you coil is lined up with the air hole. close to the cap but not touching. experiment with lowering the coil or raising the height of the coil. this will affect throat hit. are you using an rm2 atty?
if not. what atty are you using?

^ this! Also what gauge are you wrapping on? I have had success with micro 10 wrap at 1.4 mm, but if it's anything larger you might have a touch too much resistance there.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm wrapping 28 kanthal around the blue screwdriver that came with my kayfun. I am using the Reomizer2 on the Reo. I will try a six-wrap coil in the morning. The reason I bought this was because so many people love the Reo, and say it's their all-day mod. I just want to figure out what I'm missing. Thanks for all the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you watch this video on the Reo atomizer web page? Link below
Also It could be your sqaunking technique. With the cap unscrewed watch the juice as you sqaunk and make sure it is saturating your wick. You may have to hold the bottle in for a few secounds to get the wick wet enough. The less fluid in the bottle the longer you have to hold the bottle in with your squanking.
How often are you squanking? You may find you need to squank more often. Try squanking after every hit or 2 hits.
And as said above;
Is your air hole in the cap on the same side of the post as your wick and lined up with the coil? There is plenty of help on the RM2 on the ECF forum also. Check out youtube as well. Rob has great customer service also. Pictures of your set up always help.

Don't get discouraged it will get fixed.

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Last edited:

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha he said sqaunk. J/k. I have been thinking of getting a Reo so besides the prob does everyone like theirs

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GOT IT! Last night I put the same juice in Provari and Reo. The taste was better in the Provari and the cloud was better on Reo. Im all about the flavor , so the cloud was inconsequential. This morning i tried the 6-wrap coil, placed right above the hole. Great flavor. The first video build i had seen, had their coil more between the poles and not as near the hole. Cessna, that was an interesting video, will try a loose wrap like that next time,but i dont have any of that kind of wick. Thanks to all, i was close to putting this in the classies.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Personally I use a micro coil with silica rather than the build in the video. Once you try a few builds and get use to it you may or may not want to open up the air hole? That was silica wick in the video. Personally I hate the taste of cotton but I seem to be in the minority! At some point you may want to try the ReadyxWick also, no taste all flavor, IMO.

An A7 atomizer is very inexpensive and has a juice well, giving you more hits per squank. If you drill a hole in the side of the cap and do a few modifications that can be seen on this thread. It makes a nice cheap atty to try for bottom feeders. Some don't like the length. I use it at this time, as my all dat atty on the REO. Just take the precautions on the thread listed. lots of good info.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Haha he said sqaunk. J/k. I have been thinking of getting a Reo so besides the prob does everyone like theirs
I wish I would have bought mine from the get go and not have wasted so much money on other stuff. Started with a blu for a few weeks then a few ego's. Still love the vamo with stacked IMR 18350's though, but it is collecting dust since the Reo!

Like a lot of other people I have a mod addiction. Now a reo addiction.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I use a micro coil with silica rather than the build in the video. Once you try a few builds and get use to it you may or may not want to open up the air hole? That was silica wick in the video. Personally I hate the taste of cotton but I seem to be in the minority! At some point you may want to try the ReadyxWick also, no taste all flavor, IMO.

An A7 atomizer is very inexpensive and has a juice well, giving you more hits per squank. If you drill a hole in the side of the cap and do a few modifications that can be seen on this thread. It makes a nice cheap atty to try for bottom feeders. Some don't like the length. I use it at this time, as my all dat atty on the REO. Just take the precautions on the thread listed. lots of good info.
Thanks Cess, ill look into the silica and micro coil. Readtxwick is new to me too, ill look into it. The A7 will be ordered today, Thanks for all your help, my Reos become attached to my hand and the other mods are feeling left out, well, they would if they were capable of feeling. Thanks

VU Sponsors