Become a Patron!

First time mixing

SVECC

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, been vaping for about 2 1/2 now and decided to take the plunge and start making my own juice. All I vape is a simple recipe, banana/cotton candy 80VG 20PG 3NIC. All I wanna do is make 100mils. at a time. I purchased a pre-mixed gallon of 80VG 20PG 3NIC. 20mils of banana, 20 mils of cotton candy and an assortment of syringes. A friend told me in a 120 mil bottle to put 80mils of base and the other 20mils a combination of the banana and cotton candy, whether it be 10&10, 15&5, etc. Is it possibly that easy? That's how he does it and he told me it is that easy. Just looking for some input.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you do that, it will be less nicotine, and more like 60vg/40pg after diluting your mixed nicotine liquid with that much flavoring. That's 20% flavoring. So it will cut your nicotine down by 20% also.

That Might be vapeable, banana is a strong flavor sometimess though...You could add less flavoring; you could buy a higher %nicotine base and mix that in to get back up to 3mg nicotine.

SVECC

Member For 1 Year
If you do that, it will be less nicotine, and more like 60vg/40pg after diluting your mixed nicotine liquid with that much flavoring. That's 20% flavoring. So it will cut your nicotine down by 20% also.

That Might be vapeable, banana is a strong flavor sometimess though...You could add less flavoring; you could buy a higher %nicotine base and mix that in to get back up to 3mg nicotine.
So would I be better off using 70vg 30 pg? Only because I'm kind of allergic to PG so that's why I vape 80vg 20 pg.

SVECC

Member For 1 Year
So would I be better off using 70vg 30 pg? Only because I'm kind of allergic to PG so that's why I vape 80vg 20 pg.

Strike that last reply, so in other words I'd be better off buying like 90VG/10PG with 6nic. If I'm going to do mix 100mils at a time?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So 100% vg, 6mg of nic, 80mls. of base and 20mls. of flavoring and I should be at or around 80vg/20PG 3mg. of nic?

Your saying the nic base you have is 6mg??

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Just buy some 100mg vg based nic and use an ejuice calculator to help you figure out how much nic you will need to boost your nic to 3%. I don't like pre mixed bases. Math and mixing is easier buying nic, vg, and pg separately. I would skip buying pg and just add 4% distilled water to a max vg juice when you run out of your current basemix.

SVECC

Member For 1 Year
Just buy some 100mg vg based nic and use an ejuice calculator to help you figure out how much nic you will need to boost your nic to 3%. I don't like pre mixed bases. Math and mixing is easier buying nic, vg, and pg separately. I would skip buying pg and just add 4% distilled water to a max vg juice when you run out of your current basemix.
I'm just trying to make it easy, I don't have the patience honestly for calculators and all that...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm just trying to make it easy, I don't have the patience honestly for calculators and all that...

There isn't anything easy with regard to what you're trying to do.

Should have 100mg nic, VG, flavor,...rock & roll....that's easy.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
As others mentioned your "base" won't be the same after you added flavorings nor will be the nicotine. Then again, most store bought isn't accurate either when it comes to the amount of nicotine, but that's a different discussion, therefore that might be not as bad for you. However there's other factors that play a role here, and not going to work with your friends example, and that is the flavor manufacturer.

What this means is, while the majority of flavoring is PG based, there's also VG based and others. This aspect plays a magnificent role on the outcome of your juice. Other factors are depending on manufacturer the percentages will vary a lot, altering the juice and enjoyment in general. For example I could throw 20% flavoring bought from CAP in a juice, going by your friends example and probably would get something somewhat enjoyable juice. If I do the same with FA or TFA/TPA I'll end up with either very muted juice, or unvapeable or even one sided flavorings, since most of them would need to be either layered, used at lower percentage, or overall less flavoring.

Another thing might be worth mentioning, what kind of cotton candy we are talking about? Unless you've done your research let me tell you, not everything labeled as cotton candy does taste or works as such. Most manufacturer sell EM as cotton candy, and while that's basically is cotton candy, you would only use it to sweeten the juice, or mute harsher flavors, which by itself would make more sense to buy a more specific "flavor" as in magic mask or things like fresh cream, meringue etc.

If you actually wanted cotton candy flavor and feel, most likely you would have to buy some flavor that's called anything but cotton candy, or pick the two or three manufacturers that actually do just cotton candy. Most likely you end up with marshmallow, yeah I know not cotton candy but again, trying to show that without testing you can't follow a label or name lol

I know I'm getting a bit off topic here, but I felt the need to go a bit more into detail, diy ain't easy and needs lots of practice and patients, as well as time and willingness to do research. So to answer that question, yes you can throw it in as your friend advised, but most likely end up with what we call " tastes like ass" juice.

If you are more looking for actual enjoyable juice, you then can not go by that recommendation, and should as others recommended use a ejuice calculator and proper nic, VG and PG as well as flavorings. You can still use a base, but should get a higher nic one, if you plan on adding these flavorings etc, still would have to dilute/stretch with VG or pg at the end tho. If you don't want to learn that, or don't have time, stick with vendor bought juices and call it a day.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
^^^^This, can't agree anymore here.

Mixing is easy, but if you go into it with your current mindset, you are probably going to come out frustrated and maybe quitting DIY entirely. Anything worth doing, is worth taking the time to do right as others have said. Once you know what you are doing, you definitely can just squirt some flavors together and call it done, but I wouldn't do 20% of one flavor. There's nothing wrong with buying pre-mixed, but you are definitely being overcharged here, and it's not as easy to mix with as it seems, you got room for maybe ~5-6% flavor without throwing your nic too out of wack. Buy you a good scale, you can get a great one on amazon for ten to fifteen bucks, get you some good bases, I recommend vaperstek for nic (nicotine river ain't bad neither) and get familiar with a mixing calculator, e juice me up is good, but I definitely suggest e liquid recipes.

Welcome to VU, nice to meet ya :wave:

EDIT: and be prepared to become very friendly with bull city flavors, they will be getting to know you very well in the short future.

SVECC

Member For 1 Year
Is there a calculator for the pre mixed vg/pg/mix bases?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
http://e-liquid-recipes.com
Click create recipe, check the box that says use vape-ready nicotine base, enter the PG/VG levels and nic content. Then enter your flavors with it.

Edit or don't check the box if you aren't using the pre-made stuff

Last edited:

SVECC

Member For 1 Year
http://e-liquid-recipes.com
Click create recipe, check the box that says use vape-ready nicotine base, enter the PG/VG levels and nic content. Then enter your flavors with it.

Edit or don't check the box if you aren't using the pre-made stuff
Not working for me, just to check can u see if it works for u? I have 70VG/30PG/3NIC base and a bottle of concentrated bubble gum liquid, I simply wanna make a 20mil. of it.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Works fine on my end. For 20 mls, each percent of flavor use .2 mls or .2 grams, until you reach how ever much you want to use.

VU Sponsors