Become a Patron!

First timer needing help

DaMunchMan

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got my new Voopoo Drag 2 and got the Drop Dead RDA to go with it. I put my first coils inside (prebuilt Coilology Framed Staple 2-28/4-.1*.3/36 3mm 0.30ohm) and it reads .08ohms on my drag.

Am I ok going that low? I'm a first time RDA user so I want to make sure.

I know already everyone is going to tell me to look a steam engine ohm calculater or the ohms law but I tried and i don't understand it really.

Anyone willing to help me out with this plzz it would be appreciated. Thanks very much for your help.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just got my new Voopoo Drag 2 and got the Drop Dead RDA to go with it. I put my first coils inside (prebuilt Coilology Framed Staple 2-28/4-.1*.3/36 3mm 0.30ohm) and it reads .08ohms on my drag.

Am I ok going that low? I'm a first time RDA user so I want to make sure.

I know already everyone is going to tell me to look a steam engine ohm calculater or the ohms law but I tried and i don't understand it really.

Anyone willing to help me out with this plzz it would be appreciated. Thanks very much for your help.

Picture, please? If each coil is 0.3 ohms, dual coils should read around 0.15 ohms - there may be a problem with your coil install, such as your coils touching each other or some part of the RDA other than the posts

You don't have to worry about resistance with a regulated mod - if it's too low, the mod won't fire/power the coils at all

DaMunchMan

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Picture, please? If each coil is 0.3 ohms, dual coils should read around 0.15 ohms - there may be a problem with your coil install, such as your coils touching each other or some part of the RDA other than the posts

You don't have to worry about resistance with a regulated mod - if it's too low, the mod won't fire/power the coils at all

You were right. It now shows .12

Any advice on wattage or where to start?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You were right. It now shows .12

Any advice on wattage or where to start?

Assuming first, before you put cotton in the coils, you pulsed (heated with short, 1-2 second presses of the power button) the coils at around 35 watts and worked out any hot spots while seeing that both coils heat up from the inside out and that both heat up at the same rate, then...

Try 50 watts, if the coils take a long time to produce vapor, increase wattage

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In all honesty; I do hope you do a little homework on batteries and ohms law.

Pulse your coils before wicking at 20w to make sure you have an even glow from inside out.

Wick and juice

Unusually I start a new build like that around 45-50w and move up until I like the performance.

Seriously though, I know you’re knew and sincerely glad that you’re asking questions.
Please ask as many as you need to get comfortable. However there is no
Substitute for knowledge.

DaMunchMan

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Assuming first, before you put cotton in the coils, you pulsed (heated with short, 1-2 second presses of the power button) the coils at around 35 watts and worked out any hot spots while seeing that both coils heat up from the inside out and that both heat up at the same rate, then...

Try 50 watts, if the coils take a long time to produce vapor, increase wattage

I did pulse but at 50w.

This is all a different world. I have been using sub tanks like the valaryan for soooo long. I definitely appreciate all the info and help. I'll get this stuff down in time lol. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions to come. YouTube helps alot but leaves some things out. And they make it look EASY!!

VU Sponsors