Become a Patron!

First vap purchase any help please :)

Ok, so I currently been trying to only smoke when I go out drinking so I can try to quit but that doesn't work very well... Haha but! I've now decided to vape as an alternative like most of you. My buddy had some box mod and it was quite enjoyable beyond my initial hit as it left me hacking my lungs out. Well I don't want to start out on some simple purchase and decide "I need something better" so I want something that isn't quite for beginners and is "respectable" you could say. I expect to spend about $130ish in total and I found this kit and was curious what you all think of it. I understand that its a dripper but I'm more than happy to learn as I read that they are more reputable. Thanks for the help in advance! :) http://thevapestoreonline.com/starter-kits/cf-mod-starterkit.html?___SID=U

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Not a bad kit, but you can do just as well for less money. You can pick up the Evic VT kit, with the Ego One Mega (not my favorite tank, but some really like it) for less than $75. Batteries are built in, so no charger needed. It also gives you the option of Temp. Control (the kit comes with a Nickel coil and a Titanium coil). Honestly, there are lots of good set ups under $100 out there. I have the Evic and really like it personally.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^THIS then THIS VVVV

57C8AA6E-94DF-4BC0-9848-BAE03F63CD8C-8379-000002A457636532_zps68vtnwxq.jpg

A little gator love for Halo based out of Gville Florida

DSC09483Ob_zps1y82gn1f.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get the express kit from vapeNw on the evic and a subtank as well and this mind blowing setup would be under 100 bucks...i use it with TI wire so i can do variable temp mode, the flavor between VV and VT is very noticeable

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would start with something that you can grow with, but if your just starting to learn, I would suggest a subtank , something you can learn builds on , if that is the direction you think you'll be going, Good luck!!

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes this is true and the build on aspect is great advice as well. Many tanks are either this or that..no in between.

The subox kit is fantastic as well. I vape it like this regularly, its nice switching up to a light box and one thats a bit smaller and much lighter too. Evic box has weight, but is so very solid

BAC56B9A-32C4-4299-8D53-723F32C6E383-3491-0000021034768454_zpsaclq5dmy.jpg

Thanks for the input, now the subox and evic are pretty similar from what I've read. And with these kits there's nothing else I need to buy besides the juice right?

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only similarities between the two are that they both vaporize ejuice, after that they pretty much are different completely.

Both are still fantastic

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One of my first setups was a Vapros Spinner II and Kanger Subtank Nano, was a great little setup to start up with, and for some people its more than enough.
IMG_0399.JPG

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't buy a tc mod for your very first setup. The subox kit has great reviews!

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good ole Vapor Joes turned me on to this setup. I bought two tanks and 5 coils. I have one tank in my roommate car as well as an occ coil in it iwth a backup. She also has two batteries and a changer for it in a kit in the glove box. This is a really impressive kit, and it costs me about 15 bucks all together...

D21AC94B-4010-4DDA-8B35-43E5A8898BEE-3491-0000028169B272CC_zpssxlqsaxm.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That ego battery is a micro usb charger port adjustable voltage battery..freaking rocking little setup, and you can charge it with your android charger...

Ive got a mod box in the work of my own that uses a legit apple charge to power it... gunna be pretty cool. I might put it in the nintendo controller mod that im working on

I wish I had done a bit more research on buying my first kit, the subox kit looks like an excellent starter setup, and one that will last a while before you need an upgrade!

zpedd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if you're serious about it go for an eVic - lt that way you can test every aspect of sub ohm vaping.. imo

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We all have to crawl before we walk.

Don't look at it as money wasted, but as a stepping stone to the top :)

47CE8E11-6291-4906-8DDA-97E99CA1746B-9317-0000041EFE1F6A0A_zpsf4wgor5z.jpg

DaBuddhaVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't look at it as money wasted, but as a stepping stone to the top :)
Yep, I know for sure that I'm going to keep all the mods and tanks I have/will own and have them lined up like a timeline. lol, but that's just me.

Anywho, WELCOME to VU curioustim!

VU Sponsors