Become a Patron!

FIVE PAWNS: What’s In Your Premium-Priced E-Juice?

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Five Pawns: What’s In Your Premium-Priced E-Juice?

THE HARD COPY:

It all started with an unanswered question.

Cloud 9 Vaping in the UK asked a simple, direct question… they wanted to see test results from Five Pawns. The results already existed, they simply wanted to see them. Unable to obtain said results, they decided they wanted the answers and set out to get them themselves. They were in for a shock.

The results were posted briefly before being pulled from the internet pending legal advice. Why the fuss? Simple. Two things immediately created shock and outrage. Nicotine levels were in some cases, wildly inaccurate. Worse, levels of Acetyl Propionyl (Acetylpropionyl, also known as acetyl propionyl or 2,3pentanedione) were found to be soaring ridiculously higher than the accepted safe limits indicated by NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health). More on that here:
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docket/archive/pdfs/NIOSH-245/0245-081211-draftdocument.pdf

Russ Wishtart of the widely listened to “Click Bang” show pulled no punches in his scathing discussion of the issue on last night’s episode. Listen here: http://soundcloud.com/vp-live/five-pawns-shame-shame-shame

Canadian trade association ECTA wasted no time in recommending action to its members. Most interesting is that ECTA’s recommendations are based on Five Pawns own posted test results from their odd news release regarding the issue.

ECTA’s Recommendations

The most disturbing part is that Five Pawns has known about this for some time, but refused to share their information or rectify the situation. Cloud 9 Vaping had to take responsibility to do their own testing to find answers that Five Pawns refused to share. Making matters worse, queries from paying customers were met with what can at best be viewed as misinformation…. at worst, blatant lies.

VaporJoes and VaporJoes Canada have no dog in this fight. We just passionately believe that vapers have the right to know what’s in their e-juice, and to get straight answers to direct questions.
4,302 total views, 4,302 views today

Click here to get more information on this deal....

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Canadian hammer has fallen. Five Pawns really screwed themselves over with blatant dishonesty and a complete disregard of their customers desire to have AP & DE free, or low DE and AP eliquids. Five Pawns must be held accountable for this incredibly bad business practice.

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Can someone clarify what information the ECTA used to create the numbers for DA AND AP recommendations

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This saddened me a great deal. Two of my daily flavors Gambit and Castle Long Reserve were Five Pawns. Hopefully the short time I have been vaping their flavors has not done too much damage. Disposing of over $200 worth of liquid, painful...

mike.dunning.370

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This really bums me out because the industry is already under a GIANT microscope. For shame.........

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personally believe that we have a right to know what we are purchasing and vaping. Manufacturers need to be above board so when it comes to a FDA decision. I feel we have a better chance if we can prove that we are making an effort to police ourselves.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I personally believe that we have a right to know what we are purchasing and vaping. Manufacturers need to be above board so when it comes to a FDA decision. I feel we have a better chance if we can prove that we are making an effort to police ourselves.
I agree 100%.

VU Sponsors