Become a Patron!

Fix for stripped 510 connectors!

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OH SNAP!

Just came across these

Stainless steel inserts for fixing stripped 510 connectors!

http://fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html
Classic 510 Inserts - Set of 3
Stripped that thread? These 304 stainless steel inserts will do the job. Drill with an M8.5 bit (after stripping that thread, it is already 8mm), Hand tap with a M10X1.5, and thread it in. You can use brass nut included for hollow mods like the Grand Vapor line and Nemesis by drilling a 9.5mm hole.

Item does not come with drill bits or taps.
1672746.jpg

So you just drill out the old stripped 510 w/ a M8.5 drill bit, then tap the smooth hole w/ a M10 x 1.5 tap, and VIOLA!!!

Plus the new insert will be stainless steel not some cheap nickel plated aluminum or brass!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And the Fatdaddy does it again.. I love his stuff I I spent 40.00 there a week ago great stuff

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will have to verify if these are viable for the 510/ego hybrid type connectors, might end up drilling out too much of the side wall to actually hold well...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will have to verify if these are viable for the 510/ego hybrid type connectors, might end up drilling out too much of the side wall to actually hold well...
So you mr guinea pig :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do have a stripped Vamo of old...only prob...moving a house...and my wife put the mega kabosh on my spending...on vaping stuff AND on my flashlight hobby :(

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do have a stripped Vamo of old...only prob...moving a house...and my wife put the mega kabosh on my spending...on vaping stuff AND on my flashlight hobby :(
That sucks bro.. Yeah I am not married anymore but the GF wants wants I plan on moving here soon need less space.
Make a nice profit from this place and go take 6 months off. :)

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh bummer. Well I would fire off a message to the single employee, named Johna. And ask her if she will be getting anymore in soon?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never used the inserts, but the regular fatdaddyvapes 510's are awesome. They're the connector of choice for home built box mods and can be used as a replacement connector for certain commercial mods. I've used them on my MVP 2 and my Hana clone. Great product.
7YMo5ki.jpg

HXdDREf.jpg

8dbF9iY.jpg

dzwvn0L.jpg

Does anybody know if the fatdaddy stainless steel inserts will allow you to remove the positive pin and insulator in order to accomodate a springloaded connection? Hoping to repair my ipv mini

So my question is how do i fix the 510 hole on my Rogue Mod, I've bought 2 used and both had bad threads. anyone know of anything to help?

VU Sponsors