Member For 5 Years
32n7gkL.jpg

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you serious, red, damnit its supposed to be rid. and i cant even edit it?! and i can't delete it? wtf kinda crap is this

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what you are seeing is a direct result of using Ad-blocker's. exempt VU's domain it goes away the ADS are not the intrusive coming from an Ad-Block User. they are at the top and bottom of all pages and the bulk are at the bottom.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
All you need to do is add vapingunderground.com to "whitelisted sites" and you can use your adblocker everywhere else and this forum will run smoothly too. ;)

LucidiousRage

The "X Wick" Man!
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
Founding Vendor
VU Wholeseller
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm... a FREE forum for Users AND Vendors and a simple visual ad that doesn't interfere with your UI? Or be stuck paying for membership to pay for server... hmmm I like free myself.... oh, plus Nerva, those who don't use ad blocker, don't ever get the message, all you have to do is exempt this site from ad blocker and you won't get the message either! :)

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Just allow your ad blocker on this forum Nerva666 to support our sponsoring vendors who help pay the cost of this forum to run. You do Not get pop ups here on this forum so I can not understand why you would even started this pole.

allby

VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Yeah i like adbloker too but its not a big deal to whitelist this domain its not like the ads are annoying or about something im not interested in

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You could always ask a moderator to help you out :D
thx for fix, but seriously that would be annoying if u cant edit that urself and tiresome on mods down road

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i got adblocker so i done have to see ads, ya and if it just popped up once, but it was every single page opens it again, i have identified how to workaround that allows me to fully run my adblocker. pay for membership? what nope, theres other forums, i seen em, members of and completely free, have some ads, not spam with omg u have adblocker bullshit. and ya it is a good poll because i think other then the mods that like it, i think the vapers would like that bull gone, because its not going to make me turn it off, its goign to make us not want to use the forum. we use add block to block ads, why would people who use it want to go to addfest. does that not sink in? its the entire reason they got adblock. i mean you don't need to use it, its personal choice. the adblock popup is completely unnecessary. taken it down would increase membership to these forums. is not that the goal? a forum for vapers to be free and interact? or am i wrong and this is a ad space forum and not vapers forum. i shouldnt have had to make this post, everyone vote to take that popup down.

E

elfwick

Nerva, the ads are really not that intrusive.....its really tastefully done, compared to a LOT of web sites. I use ABP too, but I got tired of the popups and whitelisted the site here...and the advertising showed up. I then realized just now out of the way they are, if you are in a thread for example you really wont see jack, there are three ^^^ way up at the top in here for example and thats it.

We could have ads on the left and right that move around as you scroll, for example and *that* would be annoying as fuck. But we don't. :)

Please reconsider. Its ads from folks that more than likely you know, or have ordered from, or at the very least you've heard of in your time vaping. They keep the lights on, and we don't have to pay jack to be in here. IMO is a pretty sweet deal (cuz ima cheap-ass elf).

JazzyJag70

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
VU Live Host
Easy fix, go to your browsers settings, once you click on settings you should see extensions on the left hand column. Click on extensions and look for adblock and select disable. This will only take you about 20 seconds.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nerva has chosen to go the route of the i want it my way and bypassed the notice that would pop up. he must be the type who has a dislike for all ads of all kinds. but please keep it in your mind the ADS we see here are the result of a vetted sponsor purchasing the space. plus they are all Vape related so i personally do not see the bad side with them.

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a question... I thought it was noted from the start of this project that "vape vendor adds" and such would be used to fund it so anyone could join. I could be wrong, I didn't go back to look at all of the verbiage about this but I seem to remember that from the start.

Does anyone else know for sure?

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have a question... I thought it was noted from the start of this project that "vape vendor adds" and such would be used to fund it so anyone could join. I could be wrong, I didn't go back to look at all of the verbiage about this but I seem to remember that from the start.

Does anyone else know for sure?

Yes we made it so no one has to spend a dime unless they want to. That dime gives the vendors a billboard for the community to view.
Everything is voluntary - nothing is mandatory.

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love how the only options on this "Pole" are to agree with you or say that for some reason you must be ignorant of what an addblocker is. Because that is the only way anyone would disagree with you.

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let me reiterate too. i do not mind having ads on this or any forum or page. what i mind is a constant popup that deters people, who have adblock that don't want to see them. and people can turn that off for this page if they choose to. But i will be the first to stand up for vapers, if this was a place for the vapers, stop harassing them. sorry ads the only source, what are these scripts im seeing? your demographic is vapers on computers, and guess what, most of us use adblocker. oh and didnt we hear people watching vaughn/vaperstv discussing adblocker. every other ecig forum/site, none of this popup bullshit. vendors and other buy adspace, with or without adblocker. this is more about harassing people with unnecessarily popups.

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i love bacon. and boobies
but i hate unnecessary pop-up spam

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I block about 30,000 sites and IP's using a HOSTS file and also use numerous other security measures including Opera's built-in blacklisting and pop-up blocking.

VU doesn't seen to have a problem with it. ;)
It isn't a pop-up ad, it's a notice.

Now, once I open up FF30 with ABP, I'd have to do some adjustments. Not a biggie.

Servers for a site doing heavy bandwidth and many concurrent database connections cost a lot of money, ads pay the bills. It's just that simple.

The Doctor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I'm glad you like bacon. You should get up, pick the panties out of your asscrack and go make some bacon. You can make me some while you're up! :D

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ads arnt hte problem. its the pop, every page it pops up saying omg u have popupblocker. its not the ads, because EVERY single forum/page runs just FINE. and i have no problem, its the popup that comes up i have a problem with. are people disillusioned here? omg we need it for $? bullshit, ever other forum doesnt od this popup bullshit. its not necessary, and it makes this entire forum look greedy more then anything. no isn't ot necessary, because EVERY other forum seems to have no problem.

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sorry if i have ot be the one to call BULLSHIT
but its called, this is lieng bullshit, take down the adblock popup.

TheCraftyBuckeye

Scrub Tech - Smooth Operator
Popup spam is NOT something that asks you to turn off your adblocker for ONE site only.

Popup spam is something telling you how to enlarge your penis. Or telling you what is on sale at overstock.com. Or telling you the latest virus protection you need to download.

Just sayin'.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Neva simple solution that pop-up is happening due to your use of filtering the ADS with adblocker which has been discussed. whitelist the domain and it will go away. since you said ADs are not a problem. "ads arnt hte problem."

"every page it pops up saying omg u have popupblocker" look at the wording more carefully in your OP it is not about a popup blocker. See above "Neva simple solution that pop-up is happening due to your use of filtering the ADS with adblocker" the fix "whitelist the domain vapingunderground.com and it will go away"

what i think you really want is to stop the ADS and not see the message at all. either by supporting with your suggestion or thur your adblocker.

i did ask the higher ups about your suggestion. in other words is if you Volunteer some money to turn the ads off. waiting for reply

Edit: Unfortunately the official response "it would be counter productive to offer this choice."

but in the mean time i will refer to VJ post http://vapingunderground.com/threads/this-forum-and-ad-blocker.1087/

Mod note: Locking this thread. to help stop the endless circle and to help calm nerva down

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors