Become a Patron!

Fixing 510 connection on Smok X - Priv

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Okay I liked using my X-priv during the day and miss it. I'm normally really good at fixing shit but I believe I didn't replace the ground or the pin spring correctly as I had disassembled the mod due to some issues.

Last week the 510 connection just spun in place which wouldn't allow me to remove my tank. The X-priv is not built like other Smok mods where the 510 connection is easily accessible, you have to completely remove and de-solder the motherboard. There is NO NUT to tighten so please don't add your 2cents if you are just guessing or don't know.

What I did was add a little epoxy to the 510 housing/connection to the mod so it wouldn't spin anymore. It wasn't the strongest epoxy but thought it would have done the trick. I let it cure for 2 days and it spun again after installing the tank.

What I need help with is 2 thing; What will hold that 510 super tight. Jb weld or is there something better?
And when I put it back together it turned on but wouldn't fire or detect a coil, could this of been from the spring on the inside? Something wasn't making contact and I swear it was put back exactly the way it came out.

See pictures:

Here is a little of taking it apart:

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
See how the spring was bent in the last pic. It took me a while to get it back to its correct shape but maybe it's not perfect enough. Maybe the epoxy covering a small portion of the metal connection was the issue. It turned on though and seemed to work until you fire it.

did you ever find a fix for this? im having the exact same issue with my 510 spinning in place and i took it apart to try and fix it but i couldnt find anything strong enough to make it stop spinning. one thing i did try was cutting a washer in half and wedging it between the little ring on the bottom of the conector and the outside plastic. it tightened it up enough to take the tank on and off but it still spins. my other issue is the mod is still saying no atomizer after i hauled it apart several times and i know i put it together right and i didnt apply any apoxy or glue.

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
I tried and tried to fix it with no luck. Let me also say that any Smok product that I have ever purchased is also junk.

Go purchase an Aegis Legend. You'll be glad you did. Best 50 bux in vape gear I've purchased!

I have been using the X-Priv for a little over 2 years, and this issue finally happened to me. After looking up how I might be able to fix it, I found this forum. I managed to get my RTA off of it, and put it on my new Aegis X. So long X-Priv, you had a good run.

VU Sponsors