Become a Patron!

Flava Killa Coil Builds!

BreeZyCloudZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So Ive kinda gotten into flavor chasing a little more than clouds these days and multiple coils have been built and trashed! Im gonna post whats worked for me as far as flavor and I hope you post what you like as well! :D

BreeZyCloudZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will say I have not built a clapton yet but I have wire coming in to build some claptons, but after micro, macro, nano,parallel, twisted, zipper, single, dual, quad, subohm, high ohm, air restriction, wick styles, I have finally found my sweet spot! And like I said, this is after multiple build variations. So the build I have in my Fuhattan on a Doge X2 RDA as of now is a triple twisted dual micro coil. Each coil is twisted with two 26G Kanthal wires and one 24G Nichrome 80 wire. They are tilted with the middle post lead higher than the outside lead. This particular build is .23 ohms, I like my flavor builds around .25 so this is perfect. I also do not have to restrict air flow with this and the flavor is really intense still. Im using Cotton Bacon V2 for my wicking and I did the iTEO wicking method which is my favorite of all. With this wicking, you can use more than double your normal wicking amount and you put a thick line of whatever juice your using on your wick after its rolled out and twist it kinda tight. This creates a tight wick in your coil, you can look up iTEO wicking. So I believe thats about what has worked for me, I will definately update if I find something better. Heres some pics, the first few are after I built the first coil, but I made the other later on.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just built a staged zipper, the dual twisted wire is a really good flavor build.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BreeZyCloudZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just built a staged zipper, the dual twisted wire is a really good flavor build.

Yea i really like the zipper, it does really good flavor also, but something about this triple with the nichrome is killin it right now, what is your zipper staged with?

BreeZyCloudZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah I like a clapton with three wires in the center.
Yea ive tried some claptons but just didnt have the proper wire or tools i needed, theyre on their way now so i cant wait to get into those

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea i really like the zipper, it does really good flavor also, but something about this triple with the nichrome is killin it right now, what is your zipper staged with?
28 kanthal/28 nickel to take advantage of tc on my snow wolf.
3fbf34e574aa301200cdb7e60f3b0b92.jpg

Very nice at a set temp. Tc is spoiling me slowly.

BreeZyCloudZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have some more wire coming in to test out more builds for the best flavor! Will post when I can

BreeZyCloudZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg image.jpg Forgot about this thread, but heres a pretty beast flavor build•Fused Clapton-2x26GNi80/40GNi80 parallel to 24GNi80 wrapped with .5 Ribbon Ni80

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
22g/28g/30g lightly twisted on a Derringer type rda is amazing for flavor testing
20151005_222133.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice! What's the resistance?
Was a .4-.5Ohm I believe...I cant remember which.
Same Concept in my spare TF-R1 RBA, Just Tighter Twisted...
24g Twisted and Helixed with 32g, Spun and Filed (6 Wraps @ .7 Ohms)
20151112_092504-jpg.33615
20151112_092538-jpg.33616

I swear this build in my TFV4 Tank can compete with half the RDA's and Builds Ive done for flavor intensity, should give it a try.

B_vapes89

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just did dual flat bastard coils with twisted 26 and that makes huge flavor. I put it in my twisted messes on my snow wolf 200 limited edition. It's a 4 wrap and comes in at .17. The twisted messes is not great for flavor but I was really impressed with the flavor and vapor production. Running it at 125w BTW

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just did dual flat bastard coils with twisted 26 and that makes huge flavor. I put it in my twisted messes on my snow wolf 200 limited edition. It's a 4 wrap and comes in at .17. The twisted messes is not great for flavor but I was really impressed with the flavor and vapor production. Running it at 125w BTW

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Any of these builds will turn the TM rda/TM Mini RDA in to Flavor House
20151109_180922-jpg.33409
20151001_125106-jpg.33685
20151109_190213-jpg.33421
20151105_151652-jpg.33422

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@raymo2u What gauge is that wrap on the bottom right, and how is it for flavor as opposed to clouds? I have 46n and 50n coming in next week from Kidney Puncher.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u What gauge is that wrap on the bottom right, and how is it for flavor as opposed to clouds? I have 46n and 50n coming in next week from Kidney Puncher.
Thats a FC with 22g/46g (.18 Ohms) and I made that almost 3-4 weeks ago, that build is one of the builds that barely gets gunked up (I havent dry burned it yet) and has kept its "brand new wire" ramp time. The flavor intensity is just that-intense and the vapor production isn't cloud chasing status but it definitely can throw a weather system up if you crank the wattage and take a good draw. I keep it in my Authentic TM rda and use it every day, if you get some 46g+ NI60 try it out-It does not disappoint.
If you want more vapor production then Stage it with 24g or 26g NI80

If 50g turns out to be too much for you its always welcome to come stay at my house ;):p

That same build is also in the top left pic...that's what it looks like now with daily use after 3 weeks....

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool, thanks! By the time it gets here, my TM clone will be needing a new "heart". :D

And thanks for the offer on the 50g. You have no idea how much that means to me. I even teared up a little... :p

Those are some nice builds, I've tried claptons, twisted, aliens, and parallel, but the best I've built so far are zippers. I'm running dual zippers on my rda's right now, they're super thirsty for both juice and power but they work amazing.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats a FC with 22g/46g (.18 Ohms) and I made that almost 3-4 weeks ago
I completely forgot about this. I made a note and stuck it on my vape desk to try this tomorrow. Only I have to go 2x24N/46N. I could go 2x22K, but that'll be pushing my 25Rs right to their limit. Gonna try 3mm, 6.5 wraps with a Scottish roll. I've never tried one.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I completely forgot about this. I made a note and stuck it on my vape desk to try this tomorrow. Only I have to go 2x24N/46N. I could go 2x22K, but that'll be pushing my 25Rs right to their limit. Gonna try 3mm, 6.5 wraps with a Scottish roll. I've never tried one.
Thats the Batteries Ive been using for the build...in a tube and n the Castigador when I go out and about....I think itll spark something for you once you try it....I was thinking of doing a 3-4 core if it lays completely flat and doing the build again but in single coil....

Scottish Roll Wicking is the only method I use for RDAs and some RTAs, usually use Pancake Variant for RTAs though..SRW is the best for RDAs as is wicks extremely fast and evenly and is easy to do, plus it makes the DA look cleaner overall

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So you think I should go ahead with the 22g kanthal? I'm using a Tesla Invader II and a TM 1:1 clone.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So you think I should go ahead with the 22g kanthal? I'm using a Tesla Invader II and a TM 1:1 clone.
Yea you should be fine, if anything if they get warm while using them let them cool down before recharging them. If you want better overall battery life then use the 24g but the added surface area is why the 22k/46N shines.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, I'll try it with the 22K/46N. Crap, I have a dentist appointment this morning and don't have time to do it right now.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, here's what I ended up with. Not nearly as pretty as I had hoped. I actually had a couch and loveseat once that had the exact same colors that are in the color shot. :D

I'm diggin' this Scottish roll wick. It took like 40 drops to prime it.

2x22K/46N, 3mm ID, 0.09Ω

DSC_0663.JPG
DSC_0680.JPG
DSC_0692.JPG
DSC_0693.JPG

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay, here's what I ended up with. Not nearly as pretty as I had hoped. I actually had a couch and loveseat once that had the exact same colors that are in the color shot. :D

I'm diggin' this Scottish roll wick. It took like 40 drops to prime it.

2x22K/46N, 3mm ID, 0.09Ω

View attachment 35725
View attachment 35726
View attachment 35727
View attachment 35728
Looks very nice man, Its hard to get it almost completely slick on the surface due to wrapping them....Next time try using more resistance holding the spool and more force away on your drill....its make a few extra wraps around your wire and when you make your coil try and force the clapton down the wire and then use something to crimp the edges before cutting so it doesnt shoot off the core and its almost spring loaded on the core when wrapping the coil.....Its hard to explain....Its just gives more clapton to cover up more of the wire when it gets coiled...

Pgrossi 27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
28 kanthal/28 nickel to take advantage of tc on my snow wolf.
3fbf34e574aa301200cdb7e60f3b0b92.jpg

Very nice at a set temp. Tc is spoiling me slowly.

Is that a dark horse with a removed post? Lol I have a quad twisted 26 gauge sleeper build in my dark horse measuring at .11 ohms on my snow wolf and it's a fucking experience. Let me tell ya!

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is that a dark horse with a removed post? Lol I have a quad twisted 26 gauge sleeper build in my dark horse measuring at .11 ohms on my snow wolf and it's a fucking experience. Let me tell ya!
Broken post dark horse lol

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will say I have not built a clapton yet but I have wire coming in to build some claptons, but after micro, macro, nano,parallel, twisted, zipper, single, dual, quad, subohm, high ohm, air restriction, wick styles, I have finally found my sweet spot! And like I said, this is after multiple build variations. So the build I have in my Fuhattan on a Doge X2 RDA as of now is a triple twisted dual micro coil. Each coil is twisted with two 26G Kanthal wires and one 24G Nichrome 80 wire. They are tilted with the middle post lead higher than the outside lead. This particular build is .23 ohms, I like my flavor builds around .25 so this is perfect. I also do not have to restrict air flow with this and the flavor is really intense still. Im using Cotton Bacon V2 for my wicking and I did the iTEO wicking method which is my favorite of all. With this wicking, you can use more than double your normal wicking amount and you put a thick line of whatever juice your using on your wick after its rolled out and twist it kinda tight. This creates a tight wick in your coil, you can look up iTEO wicking. So I believe thats about what has worked for me, I will definately update if I find something better. Heres some pics, the first few are after I built the first coil, but I made the other later on.

View attachment 30704 View attachment 30705 View attachment 30706 View attachment 30707

I asked around already, but do you have a suggestion for "pre-made" coils vendor? See that they sell both "coiled" and just the wire in sections ready to wind. Looking for exotic builds like the ones in your photo.
Thanks

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I asked around already, but do you have a suggestion for "pre-made" coils vendor? See that they sell both "coiled" and just the wire in sections ready to wind. Looking for exotic builds like the ones in your photo.
Thanks
Purecoils.com, made by our very own CrazyChef

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you, @raymo2u

@kim leith Please check out my website (the link is also in my sig below). I carry everything from basic single wire coils to advanced multiwire build configurations and everything in between. If you don't see something you like, just click on the "Contact Us" button on the website and let me know what you're interested in. I specialize in custom, made-to-order coils.

If you need some ideas/inspiration, take a look at my Instagram pics: @PureCoils

Thanks,
CC

VU Sponsors