Become a Patron!

Flavor and cloud.

Smokey1471

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I know I've asked a lot of questions and i'm just trying to learn more about vaping, so please bear with me. Since I started vaping, I've sought for the awesome flavor and massive clouds. I started with eleaf ( I can't remember which one), but then graduated to the supertank series tanks ( love them) even though they were only .05 ohm coils. I then went to an eleaf 100 watt box mod. I wanted more flavor and cloud. When I got the cloud beast at 0.15 ohms, u can imagine the amount of battery drain I was experiencing. That's when I got the alien 220 watt mod. Now that I've given my history lol, I'm still wanting that flavor and cloud more than anything. I'm not complaining one bit about my setup. I'm running between 60 - 75 watts on my setup. Am I running too much power for the cloud and flavor with the cool vape, or am I not running enough power for the massive cloud and flavor with a warm vape. I'm pretty sure one of the next questions would be what nic level (6) and what the ratio the liquid is (70/30). Any suggestions?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've only used the T10, 0.12ohm coil and rba in that tank. I liked the T10 at 120-130W. Barely warm with the airflow wide open. And I do mean "barely". I can't take a hot vape.

The rba is build to suit, so of course it varies.

For the 0.15 coils, I'd just crank it up 5W at a time until you are satisfied. If it gets too hot for you, back it down a notch. If you go over what's recommended on the coil, you'll be shortening its life.

I vape max VG @1.5-3mg nic. Not so much for the clouds, but because I don't like throat hit. The clouds are just a bonus.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure I understand the question fully, but if you like the setup and settings you are using, vape on.

Want it warmer and cloudier, turn it up.

Too warm or burnt taste? Turn it down.

Wanna really be able to customize your vape? Learn to build kick-ass coils.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Like BKTOAD said, sounds like it is time for you to start learning to build coils to customize your vape.
more air + more power + bigger coil = bigger cloud
less air + lower power + more surface area coil = more flavor.

A + surface area coil would be a clapton as compared to a simple coil.

Start with a single core clapton. They are easy to build, and you dont need to make a massive coil to get the resistance you need. (shoot for 0.12 or higher, to allow for resistance change in the heated wire) Otherwise, your resistance drops below 0.10 and your mod wont fire.

The larger your cloud, the more nic you are getting per hit. I vape at 3mg all day with massive clouds. lol. If you find your vaping a bit harsh, try a 20/80 pg/vg ratio to smooth it out.

VU Sponsors