Become a Patron!

Flavor chasing on TFV8 baby beast with RBA head

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey fellas,
So i'v been seeing that the TFV8 does well on flavor as it is : Which coils do you guys recommend for flavor chasing on it?
Also, i rarely use the pre-made coils anymore, it's RBA deck is plenty big and with the right kinda wicking, i can avoid any leaking issues too.

The question is, what kind of build should i do to get the most out of my flavor on the rba head for SMOK TFV8 baby beast (the smallest version of the beast family).

So far, i'v tried
kanthal 26 AWG contact
kanthal 26 AWG spaced
kanthal 26 AWG twisted
SS316L contact
SS316L spaced
Ni200 spaced with TC
But since i'm using the AL85 mod, the TC route is kinda blocked anyways. Heck on SS, the TC is pretty much defunct. on Ni, it's still there, but its a pretty choppy vape, even with 17 w power setting.

TIA

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey fellas,
So i'v been seeing that the TFV8 does well on flavor as it is : Which coils do you guys recommend for flavor chasing on it?
Also, i rarely use the pre-made coils anymore, it's RBA deck is plenty big and with the right kinda wicking, i can avoid any leaking issues too.

The question is, what kind of build should i do to get the most out of my flavor on the rba head for SMOK TFV8 baby beast (the smallest version of the beast family).

So far, i'v tried
kanthal 26 AWG contact
kanthal 26 AWG spaced
kanthal 26 AWG twisted
SS316L contact
SS316L spaced
Ni200 spaced with TC
But since i'm using the AL85 mod, the TC route is kinda blocked anyways. Heck on SS, the TC is pretty much defunct. on Ni, it's still there, but its a pretty choppy vape, even with 17 w power setting.

TIA
I couldn't find anything that would make a tfv8 a flavor chaser. The lack of a real chimney makes it a cloud machine and hurts flavor. Smok factory coils have flavor for a few days for me. I tried several coil builds in the in a section and just couldn't enjoy it. I tried ss316 twists, kanthal Clapton, as and kanthal claptons..... all were meh.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I couldn't find anything that would make a tfv8 a flavor chaser. The lack of a real chimney makes it a cloud machine and hurts flavor. Smok factory coils have flavor for a few days for me. I tried several coil builds in the in a section and just couldn't enjoy it. I tried ss316 twists, kanthal Clapton, as and kanthal claptons..... all were meh.

Thanks for jumping in.
I found mention of it as a flavor chaser on this post : http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-get-the-most-flavor-from-vaping.301582/
While my own experience with it has been meh, at least when compared to the serpent mini, I wondered if something could be done to enhance the flavor output. Sure it chucks clouds like a silly thomas the engine, but it does have a conical chimney, ample airflow, decent space for medium sized coil builds and massive juice channels.
Granted the coil isn't very close to the mouth hole, and it's also not directly under the chimney, some flavor loss is to be expected.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I miss read your topic too. The baby beast for me is better for flavor than the regular beast. I used q4 coils in my baby beast and it's great for about 10mls of juice but muted soon after. My favorite tank for flavor is my cleito with a .4 ohm coil.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Triple-fused 28/38 ss316L is the best I've had in my Baby so far. 5wraps @2.5mm i.d.

VU Sponsors