Become a Patron!

Flavor coils

If someone is just looking for flavor and throat hit on their rba and could care less about clouds, is there any need to go beyond basic micro coil builds? It seems like most cloud chasers are into very elaborate coil builds and sub-ohms. I've seen some really nice looking coils, but I'm thinking they really wouldn't do much for flavor. Am I missing something? Thanks!

VapeAddict

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, you're missing something. The different coil builds will change the surface are of the coil, as well as the heating properties of the coil, which will affect the warmth of the vape, density of the vape, and vapor production among other things. I'm not an expert, but there are valid flavor applications for coils that are: twisted wire, kanthal & kanthal ribbon wire, as well as the type of coil build.. You can check out riptrippers videos on youtube and he talks a lot about the flavor.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Easiest way to get more flavor out of your coils is to twist that kanthal up. I've used twisted 26g and 28g in my drippers and 28,30,32 in my rtas.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tiger coils. All day. 24g/22g twisted with 0.9mm ribbon wire. Flavor is awesome. As with most twisted coils, there's a little bit of ramp up time to get them going so it's great for taking long relaxing pulls.

not2coolguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
twisted 28g kanthal in a magma dripper has been an unbeatable flavor chaser for me. As food network star Guy Fiere would say, "Take me to Flavortown!"

VU Sponsors