Become a Patron!

Flavor difference in different mods

LanceH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I made a strawberry bonanna nice that tastes great in my old kanger Dropbox but I put it in my new smok pro color and it dissent taste so good. It almost has a cinnamon toast. Do is anyone have any idea what might be going on?

LanceH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No my old one has a rebuildable coils and Cotten(dripper). The new one is a smok cloud beast tank.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There ya go. Factory coils will never taste as good as rebuildables.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And every tank will present flavors slightly or drastically differently -- I could never use a Nautilus, because it just destroyed the taste of my favorite ejuice. That was one of the atomizers that convinced me that I NEVER wanted to use dual-coil anything -- even dual-coil cartos were horrible.

Andria

LanceH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you guys berry much. To Andria, what are nautilus and cartos? What do you suggest?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you guys berry much. To Andria, what are nautilus and cartos? What do you suggest?

ROFL. They're old tech, circa 2010-2014 -- coils are still available for the Nautilus, but I dunno if the tanks are. Dunno if cartos are still available at all. As for what a newbie should get... no idea whatsoever, it's been so long since I started; I know very little about the tanks available now, except they appear to all be made for those who're interested in giving up huffing, not smoking, with their huge honking driptips.

The original Lemo tanks aren't bad, and have actual driptips, rather than huff tips, but they're still pretty airy, even with the airflow closed completely. My son likes the SubTank Mini, but also very airy, though they have an actual driptip rather than huff tip. But SubTank Minis are getting hard to find, and I don't know if the original Lemos are available anywhere at all. Yep, the industry has run off and left new-switchers completely in the dust, with all this huffing cloud-chasing bullshit.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@AndriaD has very, very specific requirements for her tastes. You probably won't find the same enjoyment from the same setup, nor the same as myself. You have to experiment and find out what works for you. Personally, I'd say stay away from Smok tanks. There are endless better options.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I think with me every tank / mod / flavor combo tastes different

I have certain mods that only have certain RTA's on them and I only put a few different flavors in each one.

You'd be surprised at the difference the same flavor will have between a Hohm Wrecker V2 / Boreas RTA and a Smok R200 / Griffin 25 RTA combo.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
@AndriaD has very, very specific requirements for her tastes. You probably won't find the same enjoyment from the same setup, nor the same as myself. You have to experiment and find out what works for you. Personally, I'd say stay away from Smok tanks. There are endless better options.

Yea, Those smoke tanks are wonderful If you're into huge flavorless clouds!:giggle:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OBS Engine is an excellent starter tank. It's very easy to build on, works well, is leak-proof and good flavor.

VU Sponsors