Become a Patron!

Flavor Killers

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An observation here about what things outside of Vaping that create vapor's tongue:

Tooth Paste: I dread bushing my teeth as I couldn't taste any of my juices until well after an hour. A good solution has been using my son's Bubble gum flavored toothpaste. Doesn't impact my taste buds as much.

Fruit Candies: Skittles, Lolli pops, Starburst and the sort have been notorious flavor killers.

Being dehydrated: An interesting new barometer of my hydration level. The second I get a little parched my more subtle juices' flavors dissapear. Get way under hydrated I can't even taste my lemonades or candy vapes.

Excessively Salty foods: First to mind is Jerky, I love jerky, but anything salty like smokehouse almonds or anything over salted will kill my tongue.

Some of these I mostly just stay away from, like candies & Salty foods, but others are little harder.

What are some flavor killers out in your world?

Last edited:

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will go with the dehydration one. If I vape to much without drinking something I will get vape togue. Brushing my teeth nope. One of the things I have been doing 4 to 5 times a day is brushing my teeth at the same time brushing my tongue, the roof of my mouth, and gums. I use Arm and Hammer baking soda toothpaste doen't seem to cause any problems. On the food end of things anything you eat can effect the flavors of things ingested after them. At tastings or between between coarse of certain meals a palate cleansing food is offered. This makes it possible to derive maximum flavor from the upcoming taste. I made some jambalya the other night. It had some kick to it, meaning by most folks standards was hot and spicey. Ironically what ever it did to to the palate sure made the vape after dinner stand out. The vape after dinner was Met4 Golden Ticket a chocolate milk flavor. Something about that dinner made the flavor of that vape litterally pop.

I have found a couple of flavors that seem to fatigue my palate a little quicker than others. Banana is one of them. Cinnamon can to, especially if it has a creamy base. Depending on the type strawberry will start to get a anticeptic aftertaste if I vape it to much without a break. Right now I'm trying some different flavors trying to nail down something I can vape all day on and have a couple of backups to break up the monotony. Kind of one of the reasons I bought 2 G150s the other day. That way I can have 2 5ml tanks with me with different flavors in them. If I'm really going to stretch the day out I can take my V8 stick with it's 5 ml tank along and have 3 flavors to alternate between.

VU Sponsors