Flavor Spills - Clean up Methods

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So basically, just trying to figure out the best way to clean up flavor spills in order to actually soak up scent from a room. I have a HEPA filtration system in my mixing space, a window and 2 fans. Usually just have the HEPA running to keep the smell to a tolerable level throughout the rest of the house. (Have a dedicated mixing room, 3 br no kids, wife and I each have an office, turned my office into mixing room and moved rest of my comp stuff into her office...)

Anyways, I've used baking soda in the past to help soak up scents passively (or is it powder, i think powder, never know without looking @ the container).

But what do you guys use to help soak up scents after a spill in your mixing space?

Was a bit flustered earlier with everything that was going on and managed to spill nearly 4ml of TFA Banana Ripe onto my mixing tray. Immediately cleaned everything off and sanitized but damn...not sure how to get that to dissipate.

Candles? Fans? Windows?

Best practices...kk...gogo

<Forever begging forgiveness>

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I mix in a tray.
that way if I do spill anything, it won't go everywhere..
it's contained, and easier to clean up..
for room smells.. i just order extra of the flavors I like and put a few drops into my oil burners..

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use alcohol to do my final cleaning... But I agree with cramptholomew

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Blue has a great base method though.... Hmmmmm lol

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll hit the spill with a paper towel, sop up as much of it as I can. Then I'll clean the surface with rubbing alcohol. Takes care of the smell aspect pretty well. Just gotta remember to take out the trash, those soaked paper towels will very gently remind you that they're in there the next time you open that lid.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Kitty litter?

VU Sponsors