Become a Patron!

Flavor?

Mojave

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been vaping off an Eleaf iPower 80W mod with a Kangertech Pangu tank and I have a question about flavor.

I've noticed since vaping off this mod for about two weeks, on the first exhale, I can taste the flavor of my juice, but after the second exhale, nothing. There's never any burnt taste and it's always a nice cool vape which I want.

Sometimes, if I don't take two much of a draw, the flavor on the exhale returns, but it's mild.

I never notice any flavor on the inhale. I don't think there's anything wrong with my setup, maybe my technique, but I'm wondering if there's something that I can do to get flavor on every exhale.

Currently, I'm running the subohm coil rated for .5 and my mod is selecting .62 ohm for this coil. My current wattage is 16.7 as I'm slowly moving up.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should get more flavor on that one if you increase your wattage. Or you may want to consider a higher ohm coil if you want to keep the vape cool, perhaps something rated over 1 ohm. Was there not a 1.5 ohm coil included with that one?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping off an Eleaf iPower 80W mod with a Kangertech Pangu tank and I have a question about flavor.

I've noticed since vaping off this mod for about two weeks, on the first exhale, I can taste the flavor of my juice, but after the second exhale, nothing. There's never any burnt taste and it's always a nice cool vape which I want.

Sometimes, if I don't take two much of a draw, the flavor on the exhale returns, but it's mild.

I never notice any flavor on the inhale. I don't think there's anything wrong with my setup, maybe my technique, but I'm wondering if there's something that I can do to get flavor on every exhale.

Currently, I'm running the subohm coil rated for .5 and my mod is selecting .62 ohm for this coil. My current wattage is 16.7 as I'm slowly moving up.

You can run that coil much higher if you want. There's no need to worry about going higher. If it affects you, as in too hot or harsh, then just back it down. But you need to experiment.

Mojave

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You should get more flavor on that one if you increase your wattage. Or you may want to consider a higher ohm coil if you want to keep the vape cool, perhaps something rated over 1 ohm. Was there not a 1.5 ohm coil included with that one?

Yep, there is another coil rated for a higher ohm. I used the lower ohm since I was just starting out on a mod for the first time and it was already installed. The reason why I'm running at a lower wattage is because, when I increase the wattage to a much higher wattage, the vapor becomes a lot warmer and I like a cool vapor. Perhaps I'm still use to the CE4 tanks.

So if I use the higher ohm coil the next time that I refill my juice, I can run my mod at a higher wattage while maintaining a cool vapor, much higher than my current setting?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember getting used to tanks after the CE4s too. The higher ohm coils do provide a cooler vape, which I used to prefer. Try that other coil that came with your tank and play with your wattage until you find your "sweet spot." You should be able to go a little higher in wattage without so much "steam."

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too much power will also kill the flavor as does not enough. That is why you need to find the sweet spot for it and you!
Yep, plus some juices have better flavor on a Tootie Puffer, some better around 90+ Watts.

Me I vape all over the map, from a 1.5 single coil to a 0.4 triple coil on one of my series Mods.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Me I vape all over the map, from a 1.5 single coil to a 0.4 triple coil on one of my series Mods.

My highest Ohm coil is 3.2Ω and lowest is .15Ω not counting custom builds those I have made at .1Ω

VU Sponsors