Flavorah Smooth Vanilla - worth it?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by burley, Dec 1, 2017.

1. burley

burley Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've searched around and seen a couple glowing reviews, and a pair of "whatever, that's overpriced shite" opinions. I'm very much a vanilla-head. Always on the search for the perfect one, you know? At nearly a twenty-spot per bottle of flavoring, the entry-requirements alone are enough to pique my curiosity.

What's the general consensus 'round these parts on it? Worth it, or stick to other stuff out there?

Heartsdelight and jambi like this.
  2. jambi

jambi Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Alpine Strawberry wasn't worth it. JMO. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

burley likes this.
  3. Hillbilly Pig

Hillbilly Pig Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Twenty for a bottle? No not worth it for the money. In terms of quality, at least to me, it's good nothing spectacular. It's not really anything on its own, but add some FA vanilla classic with some FA fresh and Vienna cream and a touch of INW shisha strawberry and it's real good. Again for the money, no it's not worth it, but if ya got money burning a hole in yer pocket, go for it.

jambi and burley like this.
  4. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm a vanilla head, too, I've never tried it, but at $20 a bottle, I'd be afraid to love it.

The Cromwell and burley like this.
  5. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Smooth Vanilla is very strong, like 1 drop in 10 ml or 1 to 2 drops in 30 ml strong. Think of it as an additive/enhancer not a standalone flavor. One FLV original bottle drop is pretty close to 0.02 ml so there is a lot of juice to be made with that 15 ml bottle.

burley likes this.
  6. burley

burley Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, all. Well, I figure I'll take my chances and BCV is kind enough to stock it for me, so here goes.

I have a feeling I'll be sitting in the same booth as Vincent Vega trying the infamous $5 milkshake, but who knows! Just might be the beaut I've been looking for.

7. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
  8. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    misswish, wllmc and Huckleberried like this.
  9. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    I wrote them in on Customer Service and on another... I think prices? :cheers:

misswish, wllmc and gopher_byrd like this.
  10. Hillbilly Pig

Hillbilly Pig Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    HOW DID I MISS THEM?! I seriously didn't see them so I just put skip :cuss2:

11. wllmc

wllmc Yes there are typo's and no I do not care :) VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    woot woot :D

Huckleberried likes this.
  12. Squonk

Squonk Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm still up in the air with Flavorah. I have MM, Van Pudding, Oak Milk, Raisin Oatmeal and Rich Cinnamon. The only one I really like is Cinnamon. The others have a weird similar note that just hits me wrong. Like a sickly flavor/feeling. It might be just me.:blech:

burley and Hillbilly Pig like this.
  13. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Good info. Some of the CAPS flavors do that to me, so I'll keep that in mind.

Wasn't there a vendor that sold sample sizes of Flavorah? Anyone know who?

gopher_byrd and Squonk like this.
  14. gopher_byrd

Blog Posts:
    I know ECX sells FLV in 10 ml. It is rebottled at that size.

burley, Squonk and Huckleberried like this.
  15. gopher_byrd

Blog Posts:
    @Squonk Hey bro, how much of the FLV are you using? When you test FLV start low, like below 1% then work your way up.

16. Squonk

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

Hillbilly Pig and Huckleberried like this.
  17. Squonk

Blog Posts:
    Hey GB.:wave:
    I'm using .25-1%. The Van Pudding at 2.5% as suggested and it's not bad but not that great for the $$. All the flavors have the same underlying flavor going on that just hits me wrong. I'm taking a break from them till next mix session, then I will mix up some simple mixes using drops instead of %'s. I really want them to work considering what I paid. Good thing they were on sale.

gopher_byrd likes this.
  18. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Gremlin has a limited selection of small FLV sizes.
    http://gremlindiy.com/flavors/flavorah/

(Smooth Vanilla is not one of them :sad:)

Ron
    ---
    "Being a fool for a woman such as yourself is always the right thing to do.- Esteban Vihaio

Huckleberried likes this.
  19. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    Is that a clip from one of your and Huckleberried's wedding videos :question:

Thanks!

Ron
    ---
    " The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."- James Brown

Squonk and gopher_byrd like this.
  20. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    All we did was crash a wedding to silently observe and make plans for our own. I guess they didn't like our attire, and kicked us out. :crazy:

upload_2017-12-3_19-20-12.png

Squonk, gopher_byrd and RonJS like this.
  21. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    It's perfectly understandable why you two would attend incognito. With the swarms of mixers who would be seeking your autographs, it's just not proper etiquette to take the spotlight away from the bride & groom.

Ron
    ---
    "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."- Mick Jagger

Squonk and Hillbilly Pig like this.
  22. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
  23. burley

Blog Posts:
    So it arrived today, couldn't help myself from throwing it immediately into a bottle of VG with blatant disregard for my own safety and well-being.

One drop, ten mills of VG. Nothing else. Cleaned coils in csmnt clone, cleaned dome and mouthpiece, new cotton. Shaken vigorously, let steep for a whole hour.

One drop is light, but I get what they're going for. Kinda perfumey on the vanilla, neat mouth-feel. Kind of a blank "rich" taste. It'll blend well, or make for a neat new addition to everything I make for the next month, knowing me. But I'll play with it, I'll mix around and maybe post something one day down the road on it. Neat. One drop. Two might be too much, says one-drop-guy.

It's interesting, it's good. I dunno if it's "twenty-dollars-good," but it's pretty good.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    gopher_byrd, jambi, RonJS and 2 others like this.