FlavorArt single flavor percentages

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Took this from elsewhere on the interwebs, might help give an idea of where to start....

Barley Malt 2%
Beer 5%
Butterscotch 3%
Caramel 2%
Catalan Cream 5%
Cherry Black 4%
Chocolate 2%
Cinnamon Ceylon 5%
Cocoa 5%
Coconut 10%
Coffee Espresso 2%
Cookie 10%
Green Tea 3%
Hazelnut Toasted 2%
Irish Cream 3%
Licorice flavor 4%
Maple Syrup 2%
Nut Mix 3%
Oba Oba 10%
Peppermint 5%
Strawberry 2%
Tiramisu 4%
Torrone 4%
Vanilla Bourbon 5%
Vanilla Classic 2%
Vanilla Tahity 10%
Vienna Cream 10%
Spicy Cinnamon Candy: ?%, 1/5
Butterscotch: 10-15%, 5/5
Cappuccino: 10-15%, 5/5
Cherry: 10-15%, 5/5
Chocolate: 5-10%, 5/5
Citrus Mix: 10-15%, 5/5
Cocoa: ~5%, 5/5
Coconut: 5-10%, 5/5
Concord Grape: 10-15%, 5/5
Cookie: 5-10%, 5/5 <– Recommended for combining with other flavors, not standalone.
Mango: ~10%, 5/5
Panettone: 5-10%, 4/5
Pear: 10-15%, 5/5
Peppermint: 5~%, ?/5
Pineapple: ~10%, 5/5
Strawberry: 10-15%, 5/5
Vienna Cream: 5-10%, 5/5
Whipped Cream: ~15%, 4.5/5 <– Recommended for combining with other flavors, not standalone.
Perique Black 1%
Cuban Supreme 2%
Dark Vapure 2.5%
Mellow Sunset 2%
Burley 3%
Latakia 2%
Virginia 2%
Maxboro Ultimate 2%
Cowboy blend 1%
Camel Ultimate 2%
Shade 2%
Desert Ship Blend 1%
Torrone 4%, 5/5
Coffee Espresso 2%
Blackberry 1%
Apple Pie 3%
Hazelnut 2% (~4%), 5/5
Chocolate 4%, 5/5
Vanilla 2%, 5/5
Tiramisu 3% (5-8%), 5/5
Anise 1%
Peppermint 3%
Spearmint 3%
Menthol 3%
Licorice 4%
Cinnamon Ceylon 3%
Black Cherry 3%
Mad Fruit (Red Bull)15%
RY4 20 -25%
Hypnotic Mist 5%
Oba Oba 7%
Zen Garden 5%
Yoghurt 6%
Watermelon at 5-9%
Bread at 1-2%

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A good rule of thumb for FA flavors is to start at 4% and go up or down a percent. Unless it's tobacco, then start at 2%. Remember with FA it is easy to overflavor, which makes it taste like nothing. Then you add more flavor to compensate, making it worse. Start low, and if it isn't right, add a little more.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A good rule of thumb for FA flavors is to start at 4% and go up or down a percent. Unless it's tobacco, then start at 2%. Remember with FA it is easy to overflavor, which makes it taste like nothing. Then you add more flavor to compensate, making it worse. Start low, and if it isn't right, add a little more.
Or the "Coffee Espresso", best coffee flavor I've ever had, but even at 1% it's very potent. I would start at 1% with it not the 2% in the list.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Doh! Yeah Curly, coffee flavors I can see starting at 1%. I don't use coffee that often so I forgot it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Here's a good chart of FlavourArt starting percents for single flavors: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr..._hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=0
The grey column is FA's recommendation, if there is one. The yellow column is the average percent for all the people listed in the following columns. Lots of other brands have a page, too - click the tabs at the top for others.

I don't agree with all the percents on the chart, but after using FA flavorings extensively, they've been a lot closer to what works for me than the list above. Some FA flavors just have a maximum that, when you pass it, changes the flavor completely. Vienna Cream is shown above at 10%, and it is disgusting at that percent. Under 4% Vienna Cream is creamy sweet vanilla, one of FA's best flavors - but over 4% it is just gross. Using really clean, clear nic base can allow you to go a little higher, but even Vapers Tek nic base can't take 10% Vienna Cream. On the other hand, Licorice is listed above at 4%, and that's one you can use anywhere from 2% to way over 10% without changing the flavor - it just gets stronger.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did someone say flavor art..... ooooohhhhh yyyeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh

Flavor Art AND Wllmc ooooohhhhh yyyeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh Glad you showed up,

FA has the best when using "solo" flavors.
If you just want to add one flavor to your juice, you can't beat
Lime Tahiti, Custard, Bilberry, Cinnamon Ceylon, and Kiwi as solo flavors
Still testing the rest ...
Anyone tried the Bread Crust, with success :confused: ..I wanta make a peanut butter jelly Samich

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my starting point most the time is 2% excluding tobacco vapes. some go up and some go down but I can pretty much taste any flavor 2% or lower. I have chatted with HIC about this before and maybe its almost a "training" thing. I have been vaping since this time last year, off cigs totally in july/ aug and and doing all my own DIY since oct. I think part of it is taste buds returning and after using flavor art for some time now almost exclusively I have kinda trained my tongue to be able to pick out flavors at very low percents. and of coarse there are always a few exceptions.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Flavor Art AND Wllmc ooooohhhhh yyyeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh Glad you showed up,

FA has the best when using "solo" flavors.
If you just want to add one flavor to your juice, you can't beat
Lime Tahiti, Custard, Bilberry, Cinnamon Ceylon, and Kiwi as solo flavors
Still testing the rest ...
agreed to the fullest. there really are not to many that I do not like as a single flavor enough to vape it stand alone. I love mixing but if I had to I could totally vape all my FA flavors alone

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
more jammy than PB but the hazelnut and caramel get close enough to PB for me and not have to use other brands. it does go good with the bread crust tho anyways I think the jam is bomb

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wllmc - you're HERE:p

And, yes, I like your jam sammichez! But they really need a week or so to steep (perhaps I never popped them in the crockpot?) At least there's one use for my 10mls of breadcrust...

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
sweet all the homies ! I like it right away but a good steep does bring it all together. crock pot does ok but kills the flavor a bit for a few days.I finished up my original bottle a few weeks ago . need to get that rolling again. wonder what its like in VT nic ?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
agreed to the fullest. there really are not to many that I do not like as a single flavor enough to vape it stand alone. I love mixing but if I had to I could totally vape all my FA flavors alone
I've been trying to get a Vienna fingers recipe down for a few days and was scared to try cookie alone, I did and it's definitely vapable alone. Not what I was expecting though, not the "cookie" flavor I was looking for...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sweet all the homies ! I like it right away but a good steep does bring it all together. crock pot does ok but kills the flavor a bit for a few days.I finished up my original bottle a few weeks ago . need to get that rolling again. wonder what its like in VT nic ?

For a moment there I thought you'd finished up your bottle of FA Breadcrusto_O Yes, I find after a long steep (4 hour in the crockpot) it takes a couple of days to settle down. But it's worth it for something that would otherwise take a couple of weeks - to me anyway!

skagit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My wife really likes fresh caught dungeness crab, Last night. And FA Fuji apple at 3.5%
I don't know, I'm allergiic

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a very diluted bottle (courtesy of one of wllmc's recipes LOL), and the rest of the 10ml bottle is triple bagged, covered in wrap, bagged again - and I can STILL smell it when I open the box:eek:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ah dont be scared lol. I think everyone should try it once.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If Hermit ever makes his way over here, he'll share his "rave review". One of the best I've read.
25r30wi.gif

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's oddly salty, imo. And not in the good "needs salt" kinda way. Like drinking ocean water with a slice of wheat toast. *shiver* And that's with it diluted 1ml in 20ml PG, used at 1% at most. For me, it's the only FAil I've had from them. And you know I'm a FAngirl.

skagit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wllmc send me your address. I will send my 10ml bottle Give it a slight twist before mailing. stink up the post office from Wa. to Co. LOL
You will know when it arrives from 3 blocks away.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
wllmc send me your address. I will send my 10ml bottle Give it a slight twist before mailing. stink up the post office from Wa. to Co. LOL
You will know when it arrives from 3 blocks away.
hahaha no tracking number needed

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It's oddly salty, imo. And not in the good "needs salt" kinda way. Like drinking ocean water with a slice of wheat toast. *shiver* And that's with it diluted 1ml in 20ml PG, used at 1% at most. For me, it's the only FAil I've had from them. And you know I'm a FAngirl.
ya it gives you some dry mouth. the jam in jam samichez saves the day tho just chain vape. I need to mix some in VT nic and see what happens. I have enough dilution for a lifetime lol...... I still cant give roasted chicken away. everyone says but I thought we were friends why would you give me that . hahahaha.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Kill that DARN list. If you will look at the recommended percentages, it seems to be a mix of FA and TFA recommendations. I think someone at some time thought TFA and FA were one and the same. That list has caused me more grief!!!!

mmm... most "recommended" starting flavor lists are just that..
use at your own judgement.. try out singles flavors yourself and compare..
can you go higher or lower than what is given, and like it?

pop up your "suggested" corrected taste percentage ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

lkerr406

Member For 4 Years
mmm... most "recommended" starting flavor lists are just that..
use at your own judgement.. try out singles flavors yourself and compare..
can you go higher or lower than what is given, and like it?

pop up your "suggested" corrected taste percentage ;)
I find the spreadsheet that HIC referenced above is more accurate. Because it contains more data points you can begin to draw your own conclusions.
My complaint about the original posted list it is straight up wrong information. Take a look the entire center section of that list (where in begins over alphabetically) are TFA recommendations.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Much better. You can even see where the different people like stronger or lighter vapes in general. This helps me - for instance, I love HIC's recipes. HIC prefers lighter flavoring than I do, so I know to use a little higher percentages.

Here's a good chart of FlavourArt starting percents for single flavors: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr..._hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=0
The grey column is FA's recommendation, if there is one. The yellow column is the average percent for all the people listed in the following columns. Lots of other brands have a page, too - click the tabs at the top for others.

I don't agree with all the percents on the chart, but after using FA flavorings extensively, they've been a lot closer to what works for me than the list above. Some FA flavors just have a maximum that, when you pass it, changes the flavor completely. Vienna Cream is shown above at 10%, and it is disgusting at that percent. Under 4% Vienna Cream is creamy sweet vanilla, one of FA's best flavors - but over 4% it is just gross. Using really clean, clear nic base can allow you to go a little higher, but even Vapers Tek nic base can't take 10% Vienna Cream. On the other hand, Licorice is listed above at 4%, and that's one you can use anywhere from 2% to way over 10% without changing the flavor - it just gets stronger.

@HeadInClouds I was wondering how much FA Caramel to use in a recipe I'm trying to make. Take a look and tell me what ya think.
3% FA Caramel
1% FA Hazelnut
1% FA V. Cream
2% AP
Trying to make a good replica of Five Star - Caramel Nutz.
Also sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds I was wondering how much FA Caramel to use in a recipe I'm trying to make. Take a look and tell me what ya think.
3% FA Caramel
1% FA Hazelnut
1% FA V. Cream
2% AP
Trying to make a good replica of Five Star - Caramel Nutz.
Also sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes.

Think of AP as caramel on steroids. When there's lots of AP, Hazelnut starts to taste like peanut butter. I don't know if that's what you want or not (I don't know that Five Star company flavors), just worth mentioning. I'd cut AP and Caramel both in half, then maybe add a little FA Butterscotch - assuming you're aiming for something sweet and deep caramel tasting. Work with small batches, too - especially if you haven't mixed with that much AP before. It'll take a couple days after mixing for the AP to come to its final flavor.

VU Sponsors