Become a Patron!

Flavour build for freakshow on hexohm?

hi there I'm new to building and was wondering a good build for my freak show on my hexohm V2.1? What wire, how many wraps , ohm? Anything to help get the best flavour I can from it.
Thanks in advance!
Grant

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stay above .2 (recommended lowest build for the Hexohm). I would look at using claptons, or at least 22 Gauge Kanthal. The # of wraps is dependent on how your atty reads on a ohmmeter. I'd start with a 5/6 wrap of 22 Gauge, Dual coils.

Thanks for the reply! I only have 24g at the moment and I did a 5wrap that came out as 0.21. So I have the potentiometer not going over 20% (think that's right!) still not getting the flavour I'm after but have ordered some 22g kanthal so hopefully that'll hit the spot!

Stay above .2 (recommended lowest build for the Hexohm). I would look at using claptons, or at least 22 Gauge Kanthal. The # of wraps is dependent on how your atty reads on a ohmmeter. I'd start with a 5/6 wrap of 22 Gauge, Dual coils.

Thanks for the reply! I only have 24g at the moment and I did a 5wrap that came out as 0.21. So I have the potentiometer not going over 20% (think that's right!) still not getting the flavour I'm after but have ordered some 22g kanthal so hopefully that'll hit the spot!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try spaced coils rather than touching.

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dude I absolutely love the tidal coil!!! I'm a flavor chaser and I get the best flavor with that coil! I'm impressed with the clouds too. I use 28 gauge and flat kanthal at 6 wraps with a 2.4mm id. Comes out at .35 ohms. I've built just about every coil out there and this is the best by far to me! Hope you try it!

VU Sponsors