Become a Patron!

Flavour problems with new smok.

Bigsmoke43

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys.A big hello.New on here and have a big problem.Purchased a smok skyhook rdta yesterday.Set up went ok after a few issues wicking correctly.My biggest gripe is I'm really struggling to get any flavour from the mod.Have been trying different wattage settings(I'm using the pre installed Clapton coils) but to no avail.Using a good ejuice so can't understand what's wrong.Please anyone any suggestions where I'm going wrong?...Thanks folks.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure that you have a bit of play with the cotton in your coil, that the cotton isn't too tight.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Bigsmoke43

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there.Yeah been playing about with the cotton.Its moving easily within the coils.Fluffed up the ends and have them well down into the tank.The coils are producing great clouds but the flavour is just not there.Its as if the coils are burning off all the taste.No burnt taste though.Very frustrated as it cost me a good few pounds.

Bigsmoke43

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's the pre installed ones currently reading 0.508.That has went up from a while ago.Yesterday they read 0.287.

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also try playing with your airflow settings. Try closing it off some and see if that helps bring out some flavor.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure that the post screws are tight, that the coils are both burning evenly together, and that the post screws are all snug with the coils Not moving when you touch them

Bigsmoke43

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys.Think I may call in to my local vape shop later.I have a feeling I'm not wicking up right.Still a bit of a newbie to building.lol.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Np at all. I hope that you get it resolved soon. That is a really sweet setup.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys.Think I may call in to my local vape shop later.I have a feeling I'm not wicking up right.Still a bit of a newbie to building.lol.

You may want to just install a regular dual coil, the clapton coil it comes with is junk. I get really good flavor with just simple single kanthal and stainless steel coils using rayon wicks. Could be the juice too, there is a lot of shitty juice available.

Bigsmoke43

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys. You've been very helpful. Think I will go back to my original coils and see if that helps. As you say the pre installed ones could be junk.

Bigsmoke43

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using the element range. The key lime cookie has immense flavour, but it's the strawberry whip I'm on at the minute and the smells not that strong from the bottle.

Bigsmoke43

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just an update on the smok issues. I went to my local Vape shop and the staff was very helpful. Got some new juice with extra shot added and that's helped things a lot. Upped the amps and closed off part of the top air holes as well. Still experimenting, but things looking up.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad to hear it. Top airflow is a flavor killer allot of times. I only use top airflow when that is the only option 9 times out of 10.

VU Sponsors