Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Guys has anyone nailed down a vanilla custard using FA flavors only? I'm not looking for GOC or caps flavor wise, just a base to expand from, and I'm scratching my head on this one.

-Kingboomer

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys has anyone nailed down a vanilla custard using FA flavors only? I'm not looking for GOC or caps flavor wise, just a base to expand from, and I'm scratching my head on this one.

-Kingboomer
This isn't much help, but I love bourbon vanilla and Nona's cake with Cap's custards. So maybe:
Custard 4%
Vanilla bourbon 2%
Nona's cake 1%

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This isn't much help, but I love bourbon vanilla and Nona's cake with Cap's custards. So maybe:
Custard 4%
Vanilla bourbon 2%
Nona's cake 1%

Looks like a good start, thanks man! I don't have nona's cake, but I do have cookie...

-Kingboomer

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be my choice as a replacement as well.
But if I recall, cookie seemed to mask bourbon vanilla.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Might cut the cookie down to .5%. It's pretty potent as is. Once I have a day off I'll whip this up.

-Kingboomer

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

-Kingboomer

This thread might have some ideas for you, starting around post number 27, people are trying to come up with a non-capella-based, no diacetyl/ap 'custard'. I'm not sure the project ever achieved its goal, but your question made me think of it and it may be helpful if you're up for wading through it.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/building-a-vanilla-custard-from-scratch.85573/

GT_1955

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One I call "Apple Berries"

Percent ml Flavour
3.0% 0.90 FA Fuji Apple
2.0% 0.60 FA Strawberry
1.0% 0.30 FA Bilberry
1.0% 0.30 FA Vienna Cream
0.5% 0.15 FA Marshmallow
0.5% 0.15 FA Meringue

Lightly flavoured with apple to the forefront, nice
wink.png

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One I call "Apple Berries"

Percent ml Flavour
3.0% 0.90 FA Fuji Apple
2.0% 0.60 FA Strawberry
1.0% 0.30 FA Bilberry
1.0% 0.30 FA Vienna Cream
0.5% 0.15 FA Marshmallow
0.5% 0.15 FA Meringue

Lightly flavoured with apple to the forefront, nice
wink.png
Copy & Pasted to my word doc titled "Recipes"....:wave:

GT_1955

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You are welcome ;) If it wasn't obvious, the ml quoted is to make up 30ml. Although I prefer mainly tobacco flavoured vapes, here is one I call "Tropical Punch" that is quite tasty as well:

Percent ml Flavour
1.50% 0.450 FA Jamaican Rum
1.25% 0.375 FA Pineapple
1.00% 0.300 FA Lime Cold Pressed
0.75% 0.225 FA Mango
0.50% 0.150 FA Forrest Mix
0.50% 0.150 FA Coconut (Coco')

Very refreshing
wink.png

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just mixed this up:

2% FA forest fruit
1% FA apple pie
.5% FA cookie
.5% FA brandy

Going for a mixed berry cobbler. It's still pocket steeping, I'll fill a tank later tonight and provide notes.\

-Kingboomer

ETA after a short steep I'm getting berries, sweet and booze. I'm gonna let this one sit a few days to bring it all together.

Last edited:

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
UPDATE:

It's good! get a really good cooked berry flavor from it, but the crust is just barely there. I might take 10ml and add a drop of A.P. to it to see if I can get a bit more crust from it.

-Kingboomer

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright guys, I' think I'm on to something:

All FA vanilla custard
3% FA custard
2% FA vanilla bourbon
1% FA Vienna cream
.5% FA cookie

Shake and vape has potential, I have some steeping now to see how the flavor develops. I also made 10ml with 1% FA caramel and bumped the cookie up to .75%, might be something there too :D

-Kingboomer

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright guys, I' think I'm on to something:

All FA vanilla custard
3% FA custard
2% FA vanilla bourbon
1% FA Vienna cream
.5% FA cookie

Shake and vape has potential, I have some steeping now to see how the flavor develops. I also made 10ml with 1% FA caramel and bumped the cookie up to .75%, might be something there too :D

-Kingboomer
Is it lemony at all with the FA Custard?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone tried the new Zeppolla (sp?) I have read some from HIC in his store thread. I tried it at 5% I do get a powdery sugar effect, but the main taste is a kind of tanginess I also get from Catalan cream, but perhaps I need to lower the %? @HeadInClouds ? I'm going to keep vaping on it and see what changes as it steeps.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone tried the new Zeppolla (sp?) I have read some from HIC in his store thread. I tried it at 5% I do get a powdery sugar effect, but the main taste is a kind of tanginess I also get from Catalan cream, but perhaps I need to lower the %? @HeadInClouds ? I'm going to keep vaping on it and see what changes as it steeps.

5% standalone isn't crazy, but I'd sure let it steep some (I know, I know - who has the patience for that:) if I used that much.
Also try it as an addition to just about any bakery vape that you want to sweeten - like 1%. No need to change anything else in your recipe. You might get a better feel for it that way. Gooood stuff!!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's day 3 now and I'm liking it much better. Still tangy. Not really getting cinnamon, but the vial was so full I didn't have much room to shake it good. Wizard labs had it full to the cap.

Now this is crazy...I also mixed up some of my Joy for curiosity sake. Same bottle that gave me flat beer/ yeast taste and fresh at 3% I got a fried churro taste rather than beer. I guess my taste buds are wacky. Idk...but I am in heaven. :stars::bunny: I'm gonna mix up some of your lemon pudding cake....it has been my favorite recipe of yours of all time.

Thanks for the tip of an 1% addition. I'll try that after I mix up some lemon pudding cake!!:bliss:

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is it lemony at all with the FA Custard?

Nope, lemon's barely there, if at all. the Vienna cream and vanilla seem to have buried it.

On that note, I'm not quite satisfied with it. I'm thinking of dropping the cookie and caramel all together and going a different direction to sweeten it, maybe Jamaican rum...

-Kingboomer

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, I've nailed a vanilla custard using all FA, for my tastes anyway.

King's Kustard
3% FA custard
2% FA vanilla bourbon
2% FA Vienna cream

Shake and vape definitely shows promise. The lemon from the custard is there, but in the background. I've had all these flavors individually and steeped, so I'm 95% certain of what this will taste like after a week. Once I'm dead certain, I'll be making a lot of this as a base.

-Kingboomer

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Kingboomer and @HeadInClouds I need your help. I made the Black Pepper Ice Cream 2 weeks ago using 1% Black Pepper. All I can taste is the black pepper. No vanilla at all. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@Kingboomer and @HeadInClouds I need your help. I made the Black Pepper Ice Cream 2 weeks ago using 1% Black Pepper. All I can taste is the black pepper. No vanilla at all. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

In my experience, lower wattage emphasizes creams; higher wattage makes spices spicier. Can you decrease wattage & see if that works to use up this batch?

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my experience, lower wattage emphasizes creams; higher wattage makes spices spicier. Can you decrease wattage & see if that works to use up this batch?
I'm using it at 13W's. Also tried it at 20W's with the same "taste". All I get is black pepper. It's not bad mind you, I was just hoping for more of a balance between the flavors. Maybe I'll mix another 30mls and leave out the black pepper and mix them together, would that help?

Anyone has FA standalone recipes?
Or maybe consists of only two or three flavors?
That are great to vape all day..

It would be wonderful for us newbie brewers..
^_^

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I'll mix another 30mls and leave out the black pepper and mix them together, would that help?

That's what I would do if I liked everything else about the initial juice results. It could be that you are sensitive to the FA Black Pepper flavor.

Ron
---
“An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.” – Buddha

jb58

Member For 4 Years

^_^

I like Oba Oba at 1% and Forest Fruit at 3% and HIC's White Peach Cocktail.

jb58

Member For 4 Years

King's Kustard
3% FA custard
2% FA vanilla bourbon
2% FA Vienna cream

Shake and vape definitely shows promise. The lemon from the custard is there, but in the background. I've had all these flavors individually and steeped, so I'm 95% certain of what this will taste like after a week. Once I'm dead certain, I'll be making a lot of this as a base.

-Kingboomer

Made a small bottle of this last night and tried it this morning and can see more in the near future.

Mundo

Member For 4 Years

^_^

I Vape mostly stand-alone FA flavor recipes... Or maybe just a couple of ingredients. Google search HIC, especially his earlier, free recipes. He really does seem to be the go-to guy in this area. He also has an online store where he sells his recipes very inexpensively. He put up a document with his notes on various flavors... Some entries have recommended flavor percentages. I also found a German spreadsheet that contains a consensus of percentages for flavors. Unfortunately, my tech skills are a bit limited so I can't insert a link to these documents... But I don't think they'd be too hard to find.
I Vape fruits and mints and have a rotation of about 20 recipes ... No more than three ingredients each, that are really easy to make.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

GT_1955

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This was inspired by a discussion on another forum about Nicoticket's Wakonda, so

2% FA Espresso
2% FA Vanilla Bourbon
2% FA Cuban Supreme
1% FA Irish Cream

This does get better with ageing, I'd suggest a minimum of 2 weeks and is really nice after 4 ;)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

King's Kustard
3% FA custard
2% FA vanilla bourbon
2% FA Vienna cream

-Kingboomer
What are you thinking of adding to this? I'm going to mix it up as is "King's Kustard" :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This was inspired by a discussion on another forum about Nicoticket's Wakonda, so

2% FA Espresso
2% FA Vanilla Bourbon
2% FA Cuban Supreme
1% FA Irish Cream

This does get better with ageing, I'd suggest a minimum of 2 weeks and is really nice after 4 ;)
Thanks! Wakonda is one of my favorites! :)

GT_1955

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks! Wakonda is one of my favorites! :)
I've never actually tried Wakonda or any other US sourced juice due to excessive postage fees ($20US ~ $30AU for a 30ml bottle) so it probably tastes nothing like it, but the flavour profile should be similar ;)

I once was quoted $40US postage (~$60AU) to send a 10c part smaller than your finger nail :eek: ... needless to say, I sourced it elsewhere :D

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never actually tried Wakonda or any other US sourced juice due to excessive postage fees ($20US ~ $30AU for a 30ml bottle) so it probably tastes nothing like it, but the flavour profile should be similar ;)

I once was quoted $40US postage (~$60AU) to send a 10c part smaller than your finger nail :eek: ... needless to say, I sourced it elsewhere :D
I can't blame you for that!! Wow!

VU Sponsors