FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A woman I work with swears by that! Then she said they have to be Bounce. Don't know. I need to try this, they are so bad here right now!
Linalool is a floral scent that is often added in perfumes and happens to also be in bug repellent and some dryer sheets. While it does repel some bugs, the jury is still out as to whether is repels Mosquitos.

Here's a note I saved from the other thread:

06/16/14 - we2rcool - Post #2403
Summer clouds with coconut is good and I'm vaping some now. I mix summer clouds at about 2 or 2.5% and coconut 2.5 or 3. Then put them in my REO bottle about 2/3 SC and 1/3 coconut. I've not tried it yet, but a shot of the citrus mix with summer clouds might be good.

Mixing SC with something else seems to make the rose part fade really well. I'm not big on it as a stand alone. I also think it's a "dry-ish" vape. That must be the cloud part. Ha! But it also mixes well with a vendor peach I have that is way over-flavored for my palate. I just use about 3/4 SC and 1/4 vendor peach and it makes a very nice smooth peach vape that's not overwhelming. The SC gives it nice body and is better than just diluting the vendor peach with plain base.

Actually, that was my assessment of SC. I think we2rcool mentioned it much much earlier in the Pure Vapes thread, but I can't remember what was suggested then. I do seem to recall they liked it and had ideas for it.

Okay, I found the two Summer Clouds posts by we2rcool. They are post #240 and 244. The gist was mixing it with melon or other fruits, meringue, other flowery types and even a cream would be good. :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ironical story....when I chose that name for the other forum I was sitting in a room with my antique spinning wheel in view. It's traditional to name your spinning wheels btw and her name is Mitzi. I thought it might be a bit strange to use an avatar of a spinning wheel in an e cig forum so I went looking for a pic of the lovely Ms. Gaynor. :)
It's truly lovely and a great story!!! I almost wish I had a spinner just so I could name it. I like naming things. The phone that I'm currently using is Hammey. Not sure why.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So wish I could delete ^. That was terrible. I was thinking about Chester the Cheetah. However, I do want Cheetos now.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
What was Bryon's signature - I missed that.

Mary Janes - peanut-butter molasses old-time candy - would be easy to make a vape version. Someone really ought to write that recipe, post it with photo of the original candy on ECF. Just to see if they'd censor olde-tyme American candy. We could wager on it, lol.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^ doh!!! Just realized this isn't the conversation thread. I can actually hit like.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
About how long after adding FA creams, in this case Vienna, is it ready to rock? Making an orange mango cream. The orange and mango are INW and pretty much ready...just got those cute tiny samples from PV and added 1 drop to the mix (10ml).

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
About how long after adding FA creams, in this case Vienna, is it ready to rock? Making an orange mango cream. The orange and mango are INW and pretty much ready...just got those cute tiny samples from PV and added 1 drop to the mix (10ml).
Did you try it yet? I think it's vapable right away. A few days make it even better.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, not yet. I'll put in on the shaky machine in the shop and try it tonight. Thanks!

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I join the party?
What seller are you getting your FA from in the USA? I'm tired of the candy like flavor in the fruit flavors of TFA. I haven't tried FA yet. Have I been missing out?
Bull City offers 10ml bottles, and they seem to be pretty quick to ship.
Purevapes also has FA, 3ml samplers and 30ml bottles.

Bryon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can I join the party?
What seller are you getting your FA from in the USA? I'm tired of the candy like flavor in the fruit flavors of TFA. I haven't tried FA yet. Have I been missing out?

I get most of my flavors from eliquidmart. $1.69 for 5ml sample bottle. $2.99 for 12ml bottles. $6.99 for 30ml bottles. They have excellent service, never had a problem.

I have switch to mostly FA now. I still have a few TFA which I really like.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks all. I see ecigExpress on that list. Is their web site safe to shop on again?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I buy from ecigexpress regularly because they carry such a wide variety of flavorings. So, I would say it's safe. I've not had any problems with any order I've received from them.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I buy from ecigexpress regularly because they carry such a wide variety of flavorings. So, I would say it's safe. I've not had any problems with any order I've received from them.
Customer service wasn't the problem. It was credit card numbers getting stolen off their site.
Anyway I'm looking for a real true tasting blueberry. TFA is to candy tasting. Any advice would be appreciated.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
FA Ozone... Hmmmm. Not sure what it is. Kinda sweet. Kinda syrupy. Kinda dry nutty. Kinda tobacco-y. Not bad, but I don't know what I'd do with it yet.

A little bit cig, a lotta bit 'mystery' light and fluffy stuff? Mine sits pretty much undisturbed, next to Oba-Oba and Hypnotic Myst. They all give me that "what the heck is this supposed to be" reaction. They have a new neighbor, Summer Clouds. Hey, even the names sound like they're related.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Customer service wasn't the problem. It was credit card numbers getting stolen off their site.
Anyway I'm looking for a real true tasting blueberry. TFA is to candy tasting. Any advice would be appreciated.

ohhh, okay, that I don't know about.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A little bit cig, a lotta bit 'mystery' light and fluffy stuff? Mine sits pretty much undisturbed, next to Oba-Oba and Hypnotic Myst. They all give me that "what the heck is this supposed to be" reaction. They have a new neighbor, Summer Clouds. Hey, even the names sound like they're related.

Yeah, I'm growing suspicious of the new unidentified FA Flavors. Summer Clouds, and Ozone are rough. I do like Hypno and Oba though.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
FA Ozone... Hmmmm. Not sure what it is. Kinda sweet. Kinda syrupy. Kinda dry nutty. Kinda tobacco-y. Not bad, but I don't know what I'd do with it yet.

<3 me some ozone, @Cramptholomew and totally into the flower/passion flavors too.. was just tinkering again this morning!:D

but i think my fav vanillia is that vanilla for pipe.. omg... ;) <drools!! :D mixed with.. can be interesting :p

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to mix ozone with cantaloupe and quince and a tiny, tiny bit of spearmint.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to mix ozone with cantaloupe and quince and a tiny, tiny bit of spearmint.

I love quince, but my tester is very perfume-y. Does it steep off? Does heat-steeping help? I really want to work with this flavor.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love quince, but my tester is very perfume-y. Does it steep off? Does heat-steeping help? I really want to work with this flavor.

What percentage did you start at? Usually if it's perfumey your percentage is too high!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What percentage did you start at? Usually if it's perfumey your percentage is too high!

I started at 1%. It was still too mild at 3%. I bumped it up to 4% and it's perfume-y, but still too mild to me.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I didn't get perfumey but it did take about 2 weeks for it all to meld nicely. I don't really do all that fancy steeping stuff, the most I'll do is put it on the machine in the shop to shake it so I don't have to.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
purevape.jpg helllllp! I been trying to add items to the cart on PV site. When I do it does not show the name of the flavor? is it me or am I missing something. I attached a screen shot. I had about a dozen flavors added but it wasn't showing the flavor name :(

Does this happen to anyone else?

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Found the recipe. Shocked I used to use this much flavoring...I still have a bottle of this around. I should taste it, should be interesting. lol It was good though and I gave a bunch away to people who liked it too.

9% TFA Cantaloupe
7% FA Quince
2% FA Ozone
.5-1% CA Spearmint (any other brand I'd use a drop on a toothpick)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Claire - see where it says (3ml) Flavour Art flavors - under Product Name? If you click on it, it shows the flavor name. It took me a few to get that one. Now I write them down, lol.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't get perfumey but it did take about 2 weeks for it all to meld nicely. I don't really do all that fancy steeping stuff, the most I'll do is put it on the machine in the shop to shake it so I don't have to.

I'll try letting it sit for a couple of weeks then.

LOVE that red drip tip on your etsy page. Would it fit a standard 510 atty? I ask because I've got a bunch of LR510 atty's and 3/4 of the drip tips I buy won't fit it. The only ones that fit are the delrin kind.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Claire, click on 'Show Options'. That threw me too.

VU Sponsors