1. GUIDE TO VAPING BEST OF THE BEST 2018 IS NOW LIVE!
    THREAD HERE

Flavourings containing ethanol

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Proinsias, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Proinsias

Proinsias New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've been vaping for about six months, making my own juice for around six weeks and had some questions about flavourings I found at the back of the baking cupboard.

To get started I bought pg/vg & 72 nicotine from justvape 24/7 along with a few flavours from TPA/TFA, all is going well. Rooting around the baking cupboard we have a selection of cupcakeworld flavourings. From what I can tell most of their flavourings seem vape friendly, excluding the ones that contain oil.

Two of the unopened, until last night, bottles I found contain ethanol but don't seem to be marked on the 'not suitable for vaping' lists online. The two in question, Bakewell Tart & Black Forest Gateaux, list three ingredients: mono-propylene glycol, ethnaol & flavourings. I've tried a few of the ones that don't list ethanol and they are quite pleasant, so my question is........

Is it ok to mix up eliquid with flavourings containing ethanol? It is worth trying to evaporate off the ethanol or carry out any incantations or rituals when curing/steeping etc?

Attached Files:

2. HeadInClouds

HeadInClouds Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    mono-propylene glycol = PG, which is in most flavorings used in vaping ( http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=14 )

ethanol = ethyl alcohol , also common in vape flavorings, usually alcohol-based ones ( http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/ethanol )

Using alcohol-based flavorings, many vapers like to give them some time for the alcohol to evaporate. Some let their finished mix sit with the cap off for a while to accomplish that. Some aren't bothered by the "throat hit" type effect that alcohol can add, and just vape it without that step.

(If there are any ingredients you personally want to avoid, like diketones, the ingredient to investigate most is "& flavorings".)

Google "cupcake world vape" and you'll see they do market to vapers, by the way.

Dixie1954 likes this.
  3. Proinsias

Proinsias New Member

Blog Posts:
    Cheers, I had checked they were vape friendly before trying out the bottles I have which are just pg & flavour but didn't realize ethanol was a common ingredient in ejuice and thought it best to check before vaping.

HeadInClouds likes this.
  4. Neunerball

Neunerball Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Ethanol is the only alcohol you can drink, like Vodka. However, it doesn't necessarily taste as good.