Become a Patron!

Flying to Mexico

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm headed to Cozumel, Mexico next week and wanted to know if anyone had any experience traveling out of the country with their vaping gear. I went to Vegas not long ago and had no issues. I kept everything in my carry on, the TSA never gave it a second look. I want to make sure everything will go as smoothly traveling to Mexico. I'll be bringing about 8 18650s, charger, 2 mechs, a dna30 and a lot of juice. I know to spread it out to 30ml bottles. Any advice would be appreciated.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
e cigs are now illegal in mexico, not sure how they would react to mechs and such, are you going to be staying in a hotel or at a friends house? If you are going to a bigger hotel or a friends house you might consider shipping your supplies ahead of time so they don't get confiscated at the border or at customs. UPS and DHL both ship there. My wife stays in big hotels all the time for work, and she always calls the hotel and arranges them to hold an incoming package for her until her arrival, she has never had a problem so far. Most Hotels will accept mail and packages for their registered guests. Just an option.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm staying at an all inclusive resort. That's insane. So, if I bring my gear in, it'll probably be confiscated. :mad:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it "might be", there are also people who say they have been threatened with fines as well. Call the resort and see if they can accept a package for you, insure the package and have it signed for. Im sure they will help you out.

Bart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
e cigs are now illegal in mexico, not sure how they would react to mechs and such, are you going to be staying in a hotel or at a friends house? If you are going to a bigger hotel or a friends house you might consider shipping your supplies ahead of time so they don't get confiscated at the border or at customs. UPS and DHL both ship there. My wife stays in big hotels all the time for work, and she always calls the hotel and arranges them to hold an incoming package for her until her arrival, she has never had a problem so far. Most Hotels will accept mail and packages for their registered guests. Just an option.
They're illegal in Mexico??? Really?! Wtf...

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know right...lol, you can buy all kinds of shit in Mexico....just not ecigs lol. My sister in law told me there are vape shops in DF though. They must be paying their "special permit" fees....

Bart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is mind blowing. I am so shocked and yet glad I read this post, as I'm planning a trip there next year. I'll be shipping my gear rather than carrying on. Maybe just throw a spinner in my carry on. Great question/thread @OP!

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have been to Cozumel many times but never with ecigs. I will tell you the "police" there are a bit different.
We were stopped on mopeds for not having a helmet on. You don't have to wear a helmet in town but on the one dirt road where there is nothing for miles you do. LOL

Anyway, they quickly say "no speak english" if you ask any questions but have no problem saying "I give you a tip" with their hands held out palm up! Put a few pesos in there hand and we were on our way. Best of luck on your trip!

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
*Update
Just got back from my trip. I was planning to just pick up some smokes in mexico, but at the last minute threw my vape gear in my carry on. Got in and out of mexico without a second look. No problems at all.

*Update
Just got back from my trip. I was planning to just pick up some smokes in mexico, but at the last minute threw my vape gear in my carry on. Got in and out of mexico without a second look. No problems at all.
So no issues in customs or anything? Did you follow regular TSA rules, put everything in carry on and what not?

Bart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried to be smart about it. We took a digital camera, so I naturally stowed all of our batteries with the camera (in our carry-on).

As for the vapes, I disassembled them and stowed my regulated box mod with my laptop, hoping that it would be treated like any other electronic device.

I put all of my tools, wicks, and scissors in my checked bag.

All juice was taken in unlabeled 3oz bottles. I put this with the toiletries.

I was too nervous to take a tube mechanical mod. Even if it were checked, there are too many negative things that it could be construed with.

I hope this helps!

I tried to be smart about it. We took a digital camera, so I naturally stowed all of our batteries with the camera (in our carry-on).

As for the vapes, I disassembled them and stowed my regulated box mod with my laptop, hoping that it would be treated like any other electronic device.

I put all of my tools, wicks, and scissors in my checked bag.

All juice was taken in unlabeled 3oz bottles. I put this with the toiletries.

I was too nervous to take a tube mechanical mod. Even if it were checked, there are too many negative things that it could be construed with.

I hope this helps!
Awesome.. Thank you.

I'm not going to be bringing a ton of juice with me and I just have the Snowwolf and will probably just bring one tank with it, and of course batteries, just don't want to cause any issue.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
When you travel to different countries, you pays your money and you takes your chances with what you can have an what you can't have.

I remember years ago, I took a skin/scuba diving trip to Andros Island in the Bahama's.

When we got off of the plane, there was a small customs shack with two armed customs officers that tore our duffel bags to shreds looking for contraband.

One guy was a kind of health nut and the confiscated a couple of bottles of vitamins and the like.

I thought it kind of funny that the customs shack was literally surrounded by very large plants which grew wild all over the island.

But those evil vitamins and supplements just had to go!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
UPDATE FEB 2017
Had no issues with bringing my e cig gear into Mexico.

Brought 120 MLS of liquid in my check in bag.
Carried 2 mods with tanks in my carry on with a 30 ml bottle from Newark airport.
When arrived in Mexico just put the 2 mods with tanks and bottle of juice in my pocket.
Here right now vaping away!
FB_IMG_1487093281809.jpg FB_IMG_1487093227949.jpg FB_IMG_1487093220914.jpg

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My little guy has been to cancun too
c054bfeefee1c5ff07eb902d9cb88ade.jpg
8d25f2c352bfa6124718e643983ac374.jpg

VU Sponsors