Become a Patron!

Fogger v4.1 leaking issue

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A lot of video tutorials on youtube will help solve this. They did for me.
I found the wicking was the problem with mine. I don't run anything down the air channels.
After you wick put your chimney on, cut wicks at the top level of chimney, gently stuff cotton ends down where the air channels are then reassemble.
I also found that filling it slowly with a syringe needle with air ring closed helped.
Worth a shot.

Xhozt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me I clip my cotton where it just BARELY covers the juice channels , put on the chimney re place it incase i bumped it and wet it down with juice .. then assemble and bottom fill with the air ring closed up ..

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had success with many different atty's and the Fv4 has been the most aggravating. It seems very unstable. Just when I think I have a good build, it will start dribbling out the air holes.

I don't know what the issue is. I think it's very sensitive to temperature and pressure changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I trim the wicks to a bit of a point and just barely start them into the channel. I don't do anything with the air flow when filling. I've used anywhere from 50/50 to 85% VG without an issue so far. I've only used Japanese organic but that may or may not be a factor. It does wick pretty well.
The one build I did by just trimming and tucking did leak.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was fighting this battle for a while when I first got my fogger 4.1. I finally settled on rayon clipped at the channels with just a tiny bit down in. The rayon keeps up to prevent dry hits while being in the channel to prevent leakage. Also make sure the wicks are not touching the airflow holes. Gets a little harsh pretty quickly if you start bumping up the wattage. I think more airflow is needed for dual coils.

i tried both ways of wicking. Found that clipping it and fitting it slightly right into the juice channels work very well (no leakage) compared to trimming the wicks from the top of the chimney then stuffing them down (kept leaking on me....)

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not very experienced with rebuildables, but I have a Fogger v4.1 and have stopped my leaking problems. If it's leaking out of the air-holes, IME, you need more wick in the juice channels. I don't fill them up or anything, but I do make sure there is at least some wick in the top of the channels to keep too much juice from getting in the chimney where it can run out through the air holes.

If it's leaking out around the rim of the tank it's probably the o-rings, they're very temperamental. If you tighten too much (or with dry rings) it can push the bottom O-ring up and make it bow, causing juice to leak out during filling. It can be hard to see this, you have to take the tank apart and you'll notice the bottom O-ring is popped up somewhat.

You may have a different problem these are just two issues I encountered and resolved.

VU Sponsors