Become a Patron!

Food vs Juice

What fruit flavors taste authentic in an e-juice?

• Do organic concentrates taste better to you?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do artificial concentrates taste better to you?

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Starting with fruits I'm trying to compile a list of what ejuice has the most authentic flavor to it's real fruit counterpart. i.e, do you think apple ejuice is more authentic tasting than banana ejuice? Is there a taste difference between artificial and organic? What's the difference? I guess it's okay to mention brands. If not I guess I'll get flagged.

Just answer the best you can with whatever experience you have.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good Idea as I am starting to DIY and I like 1 flavor recipes or may 2 fruits and also a tobacco and Fruit

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ahaha .. my vote is kind of fraudulent because I haven't had very many organic flavors .. only two actually. One was very good though, although it required a greater percentage of base flavoring than its artificial counterpart. :)

I found that every banana flavor base that I have tried was dead on accurate .. never had a bad banana. Apple seems to be the hardest to get with enough strength that you can taste it. The only apple type flavor that I ever received where I could truly taste the apple was the green caramel apple flavor I told you about. The all natural Pear flavor that I got from Lorann's is actually spot on, and very good.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ahaha .. my vote is kind of fraudulent because I haven't had very many organic flavors .. only two actually. One was very good though, although it required a greater percentage of base flavoring than its artificial counterpart. :)

I found that every banana flavor base that I have tried was dead on accurate .. never had a bad banana. Apple seems to be the hardest to get with enough strength that you can taste it. The only apple type flavor that I ever received where I could truly taste the apple was the green caramel apple flavor I told you about. The all natural Pear flavor that I got from Lorann's is actually spot on, and very good.
Never had a bad banana, huh? Aren't you a lucky, girl. When you say all natural pear, are you referring to organic? Which organic flavor was good?
And I'm not surprised that organic requires more flavor base. The modern taste bud has known nothing but artificial flavoring - Fruit Loops, Starbursts, Lucky Charms, etc. I actually have a relation to someone whose grandfather, a Danish chemist, invented artificial flavors. Thank you for participating

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Never had a bad banana, huh? Aren't you a lucky, girl. When you say all natural pear, are you referring to organic? Which organic flavor was good?
And I'm not surprised that organic requires more flavor base. The modern taste bud has known nothing but artificial flavoring - Fruit Loops, Starbursts, Lucky Charms, etc. I actually have a relation to someone whose grandfather, a Danish chemist, invented artificial flavors. Thank you for participating

Errr .. all I can say is that its bottled as all natural, no artificial colors or flavors .. I don't know if that translates into organic.

Contact your relation and see if you can get me some good artificial strawberry, I love that stuff :D

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The most spot on flavors when talking fruits by and large would be Flavor Arts flavorings for DIY . TFA are more of a candy flavoring. Inawera have a couple good ones as well as caps, but FA will knock your socks off.

Order Fuji Apple and the white peach.,,,,, try either stand alone around 3% and you will think you will have died and gone to heaven. Realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The most spot on flavors when talking fruits by and large would be Flavor Arts flavorings for DIY . TFA are more of a candy flavoring. Inawera have a couple good ones as well as caps, but FA will knock your socks off.

Order Fuji Apple and the white peach.,,,,, try either stand alone around 3% and you will think you will have died and gone to heaven. Realistic.

Thanks, helps a lot
Errr .. all I can say is that its bottled as all natural, no artificial colors or flavors .. I don't know if that translates into organic.

Contact your relation and see if you can get me some good artificial strawberry, I love that stuff :D
Eh, he's dead. Not my friend, the grandfather who made it. I know that artificial strawberry was one of his creations. I wonder what organic strawberry tastes like? No artificial flavors or colors would fall in this category for the purpose of this poll.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, helps a lot

Eh, he's dead. Not my friend, the grandfather who made it. I know that artificial strawberry was one of his creations. I wonder what organic strawberry tastes like? No artificial flavors or colors would fall in this category for the purpose of this poll.
My guess is that organic strawberry would taste like leaves and dirt :p ... just kidding :eek:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Really? I tried a FA in the past, and their apple flavor pissed me off .. it was such a tease :p But I did like their cookie which was strong as heck, and pandora bread wasn't bad. I ordered about 13 but I can't remember the rest.

3%? what am I supposed to do with 3%? :( .. depending on the brand, I very rarely mix below 10%, and that is usually for coffee or TFA's pineapple.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to mix a lot of Flavor Apprentice (TFA) and most of my mixes were in the 15 to 25% range, some as high as 30% with many single flavors being 10 to 15%. But with Flavor Art (FA) , I will have mixes that have eight to eleven flavors in them with a total of 5% to 6% for the entire recipe.

There are some FA coffees you need to mix at at 1% or more, some less. Pineapple alone is very strong at 2% to 3%

FA is super concentrated. For fun, go look up any recipies by HIC ( Head in clouds) and look at the percentages. There's probably about a hundred to choose from. :)

I was amazed myself as a year and a half Veteran mixer....... To find these flavors and super low percentages with FA and very "real to the actual flavor" as well.

This is a good example..... http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-sweet-spiced-apple-cider.18469/

EDIT: This is not to say that FA is the only one to use because its not. I use flavorings from other Flavor companies on a regular basis. Its just the more experienced I get, I am slowly finding out which flavor I will use for a particular taste that I want to try to mimic or obtain.
For example I have 5 Peanut butters from 5 different flavor companies.....and they all taste different.........so I chose the one that works best and then go from there. I may add three of those peanut butters to obtain the right mix for me.

So trying to ask "Whats the best "X" flavor out there" is pretty subjective to what your looking for. I do find I prefer FA 80% of the time and then go from there.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have various flavors from about 10 different manufacturers, so I often have several versions to choose from for a given flavor. I won't even bother mentioning the ones I find totally useless.

When I want sweet candy-tasting fruits, I consider Capella. They don't taste like specific candies to me, just generally that kiddie-fake-sweet that works in candy type recipes.

If it's a very specific fruity-candy flavor (like Swedish Fish), I check Flavor West - which will either totally nail it or completely screw it up, seldom in between.

For a medicinal version, I reach for Inawera. They got the cough-drop thing down, for sure. That's not a slam; I actually like cough drops.

TFA fruits are least likely to taste like I expect. There are a couple that are really good, but most are flavors some other manufacturer does better. A bunch of their fruits are way off the mark, especially when compared to better versions.

When I want realistic fruit flavor, I reach for FlavourArt. There are only a couple of fruit flavors they make that aren't my favorite-ever version of real fruit flavor. The longer I vape, the more I appreciate realistic flavor, so I use FA most often.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Really? I tried a FA in the past, and their apple flavor pissed me off .. it was such a tease :p But I did like their cookie which was strong as heck, and pandora bread wasn't bad. I ordered about 13 but I can't remember the rest.

3%? what am I supposed to do with 3%? :( .. depending on the brand, I very rarely mix below 10%, and that is usually for coffee or TFA's pineapple.

FA Apple is the flavor of Yellow Delicious apples or juice made from them. It's sweet and kind of bland IMO, but it's a good flavor match.

Most who like a sharp apple flavor are pretty pleased with their new Fuji apple flavor.

A combination of mostly Apple with a hint of Fuji is my personal favorite. The sweetness of Apple satisfies my sweet tooth, and the contrasting pow of Fuji makes it complete for me.

Whatever percents you usually use for TFA coffee flavors would probably be what you'd want for most FA flavors. FA is pretty consistently that strong, with just a scattering of exceptions.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm on the FA train - really because when I was first mixing with TFA none of the fruits struck me as realistic fruits, and I'm fond of fruit vapes! I found TFA creams to have a funky taste that didn't appeal to me - but I'm pretty sensitive to diketones in flavors (they taste like barf to me), so FA creams were a breath of fresh air. I have a few Inawera that I also like, but the vast majority of my gazillions of flavorings are FA.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I used to mix a lot of Flavor Apprentice (TFA) and most of my mixes were in the 15 to 25% range, some as high as 30% with many single flavors being 10 to 15%. But with Flavor Art (FA) , I will have mixes that have eight to eleven flavors in them with a total of 5% to 6% for the entire recipe.

There are some FA coffees you need to mix at at 1% or more, some less. Pineapple alone is very strong at 2% to 3%

FA is super concentrated. For fun, go look up any recipies by HIC ( Head in clouds) and look at the percentages. There's probably about a hundred to choose from. :)

I was amazed myself as a year and a half Veteran mixer....... To find these flavors and super low percentages with FA and very "real to the actual flavor" as well.

This is a good example..... http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-sweet-spiced-apple-cider.18469/

EDIT: This is not to say that FA is the only one to use because its not. I use flavorings from other Flavor companies on a regular basis. Its just the more experienced I get, I am slowly finding out which flavor I will use for a particular taste that I want to try to mimic or obtain.
For example I have 5 Peanut butters from 5 different flavor companies.....and they all taste different.........so I chose the one that works best and then go from there. I may add three of those peanut butters to obtain the right mix for me.

So trying to ask "Whats the best "X" flavor out there" is pretty subjective to what your looking for. I do find I prefer FA 80% of the time and then go from there.

I may give FA another shot .. I agree about TFA percentages though, there are only a handful of their flavors that I still use. I have moved on to one on one flavors, which are very concentrated as well, and are sold in 10ml size standard. They have a large selection of good quality flavors, the price is reasonable, but expensive relative to using to Wizard labs.

I like one on one's green caramel apple, Capn berries, Guava, and strawberry shortcake .. I got their pistachio ice cream but I mixed the first batch too strong at 10%, and now I am traumatized and have been hesitant to remix :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'm on the FA train - really because when I was first mixing with TFA none of the fruits struck me as realistic fruits, and I'm fond of fruit vapes! I found TFA creams to have a funky taste that didn't appeal to me - but I'm pretty sensitive to diketones in flavors (they taste like barf to me), so FA creams were a breath of fresh air. I have a few Inawera that I also like, but the vast majority of my gazillions of flavorings are FA.

barf is how I feel about most custard flavors, not all, but most .. TFA's malted milk is barfish for me, but I liked their sweet cream and bavarian creme as mixers. I also agree about most TFA fruits, although I am happy with their ripe banana, and strong as hell pineapple as long I as mix it low, and blueberry extra .. their strawberry and apple were absolute misses for me.

Anyone else thing that Capellas flavors have changed or gone down in quality? I do .. 3 years ago I loved Capella's, they had the best coconut I ever tasted, realistic, sweet and creamy. I used to love their Cinn danish and sweet strawberry however, both we different in taste and quality when I ordered this time last year ..it made me afraid to reorder the coconut that I once loved so much.

TFA's coconut extra is god awful .. just pure hideousness :eek:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
barf is how I feel about most custard flavors, not all, but most .. TFA's malted milk is barfish for me, but I liked their sweet cream and bavarian creme as mixers. I also agree about most TFA fruits, although I am happy with their ripe banana, and strong as hell pineapple as long I as mix it low, and blueberry extra .. their strawberry and apple were absolute misses for me.

Anyone else thing that Capellas flavors have changed or gone down in quality? I do .. 3 years ago I loved Capella's, they had the best coconut I ever tasted, realistic, sweet and creamy. I used to love their Cinn danish and sweet strawberry however, both we different in taste and quality when I ordered this time last year ..it made me afraid to reorder the coconut that I once loved so much.

TFA's coconut extra is god awful .. just pure hideousness :eek:

Funny you should say this - I was just reorganizing flavors and found an old bottle of TFA coconut extra! The only custard flavor I like is the FA. I'd love to know which other ones you've found, because I really like custard, but the Capella tastes of vomit to me LOL

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Starting with fruits I'm trying to compile a list of what ejuice has the most authentic flavor to it's real fruit counterpart. i.e, do you think apple ejuice is more authentic tasting than banana ejuice? Is there a taste difference between artificial and organic? What's the difference? I guess it's okay to mention brands. If not I guess I'll get flagged.

Just answer the best you can with whatever experience you have.

it depends on the flavor company and what the recipe is attempting to convey..
are you asking for flavors/flavor company?

company-wise it is a toss up for me..

flavor art
ecigexpress's fe and te
Baker's Flavors (Vaping Zone, etc)
some! tfa.. ina..

otherwise, i make my own.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it depends on the flavor company and what the recipe is attempting to convey..
are you asking for flavors/flavor company?

company-wise it is a toss up for me..

flavor art
ecigexpress's fe and te
Baker's Flavors (Vaping Zone, etc)
some! tfa.. ina..

otherwise, i make my own.
Thanks, Smoky. Flavor Art does seem to be a favorite. Just concentrating on fruit flavor. Which ones appear to have an authentic flavor in your opinion. And do you prefer artificial or natural concentrates?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Smoky. Flavor Art does seem to be a favorite. Just concentrating on fruit flavor. Which ones appear to have an authentic flavor in your opinion. And do you prefer artificial or natural concentrates?

I mix a lot! of fruits for other people..
amazing, I am not much for fruit. :oops:

but.. if I had to pick, i'd use medicine flower. organic, but way expensive for the average mixer.
Why organic? well.. why not? It does taste a bit different from the "fakes", and different is good.

I don't have an all day vape.. nothing even close to a few hours..
that is why i keep mixing.. maybe one day :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Funny you should say this - I was just reorganizing flavors and found an old bottle of TFA coconut extra! The only custard flavor I like is the FA. I'd love to know which other ones you've found, because I really like custard, but the Capella tastes of vomit to me LOL

Oh you will be so disappointed with my answer .. the custard I was referencing is a vendor juice, Suicide Bunny's O.B :oops: ... throw out that bottle of TFA coconut extra immediately, unless you want to use to remove the enamel from something ...its like vaping a bottle of heavy, old lady perfume :confused:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So, you're from the Fruit Loop generation!

I am such a fruit loop, but lets keep that between me and you ... I have a rep to protect :p

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mix a lot! of fruits for other people..
amazing, I am not much for fruit. :oops:

but.. if I had to pick, i'd use medicine flower. organic, but way expensive for the average mixer.
Why organic? well.. why not? It does taste a bit different from the "fakes", and different is good.

I don't have an all day vape.. nothing even close to a few hours..
that is why i keep mixing.. maybe one day :p
The search for The Holy Grail! I feel the same way. Although, I do have something I keep in large stock so I don't run out of juice. I like it enough for that, but I wouldn't call it my holy grail. Thank you, Smoky, your input was very helpful. If you think of anything else please let me know.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks, Thunder. This is the info I'm looking for. Come back if you think of more.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am such a fruit loop, but lets keep that between me and you ... I have a rep to protect :p
Ah hem, I figured as much. No worry, me three. Like we used to say back in the day, "She's with the program". And I ain't talking 12 steps!

VU Sponsors