Become a Patron!

Food vs Juice

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've never had too many chocolate vapes but they all seem to need to be vaped at lower wattages that most other juices to taste even remotely decent. I'm sure there are a lot of good foods that probably wouldn't transition over to a good vape.... BBQ comes immediately to mind.:blech:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lol I do know there's a pizza one out there...I'm not even remotely interested. Ew
I simply love pizza, and would never want to ruin my love of it by trying to vape it. Also, one I'd never want to try is a Crab DIY flavoring.:eek:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mango....ARGH!! :blech: .... I can eat 'em all day long, but can only tolerate vaping the flavor in VERY small percentages. Capella sweet mango is semi-doable, FA mango is straight up nasty. Maybe I'll find one I can actually stand one day.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mango....ARGH!! :blech: .... I can eat 'em all day long, but can only tolerate vaping the flavor in VERY small percentages. Capella sweet mango is semi-doable, FA mango is straight up nasty. Maybe I'll find one I can actually stand one day.
I haven't made any myself yet, but I did try a Peach/Mango juice a friend had once, it was pretty good. I see CAP Sweet Mango has good reviews.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have invested in Inawera and Jungle Flavors mango, but haven't worked with them yet. We'll see what happens.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No a big fan of food or drink flavoring based juices anyway.. have yet to find one I really like.....
Just can't get into vaping things I might eat. Or vaping thing I would NOT smoke.

I'm a tobacco vaper....I'll flavor it with many food type flavors... just don't like vaping food. WOULD Rather just eat food.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have invested in Inawera and Jungle Flavors mango, but haven't worked with them yet. We'll see what happens.
Caps Sweet Mango is listed as a new flavor on BCF. I might have to order some and try it, maybe get a peach as well to pair with it. Let me know what you think of the INW Mango when you get around to trying it.

Kiwilady84

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anything with banana in it is just gross to me.
But then that's just all artificial banana flavours to me I ended up with a bag of banana and cream protein powder that mad me gag for a week before I gave up and threw it out.
Just nasty lol

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since I was a menthol smoker for fifty years, my ADV is a chocolate/mint I got at my local brick and mortar. Really good to me, kinda tastes like a choc/mint cappuccino. Anyway, I love watermelon but am not real crazy about melon juices.

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would say most of everything you like as food would suck as juice.
Sea food, meats, bacon, pizza, garlic...

I know that Alien Vapor has a Pizza flavoured juice...ick. Lol I'm more asking about fruits and dessert flavours...maybe beverages too?

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Campbells-Chunky-Baked-Beans-MapleBaconBeer-19oz-400x417.png

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed on the chocolate. Not a fan of chocolate vapes. On the other end of the spectrum, I really don't like coconut, but can vape it all day long.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No a big fan of food or drink flavoring based juices anyway.. have yet to find one I really like.....
Just can't get into vaping things I might eat. Or vaping thing I would NOT smoke.

I'm a tobacco vaper....I'll flavor it with many food type flavors... just don't like vaping food. WOULD Rather just eat food.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That was my take on all the various sweet flavored vapes, when I first started -- it seemed like "smoking food", and to me that just seemed totally weird. Then I tasted a blueberry muffin vape, and that pretty much killed vaping tobacco flavors for me, especially anything even remotely like a cigarette -- blueberry muffins taste better than any cigarette EVER. :giggle: I was reminded of something I had not thought of, in nearly 40 yrs... how much I hated the taste of cigarettes when I first started smoking... ;) A few months off smoking and a sweet-flavored vape was all it took to remind me of that distaste, and bring it back. :D

Other than the blueberry muffins though, which I dare not *eat* because for me they're like [addictive narcotics], I can't eat just one, so I keep eating them till I've gained 30 lbs and have to FORCE myself to stop buying them.... I can't say that "bakery" items are anything I really care to vape; I enjoy those flavors too much in their edible form, and vaping is never as sharp a flavor as anything edible. I enjoy the hell out of my strawberry & cream, which is actually more like strawberry custard than anything else... but so far I haven't found a lot of other flavors I care to vape; the other two I make are fairly complex, and sweet, but have a tobacco component -- Smocha, which blends coffee, chocolate, and vanilla with the smokiness, and cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco -- obviously tobacco, but sweet and mild, nothing at all like a cigarette.

Andria

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed on the chocolate. Not a fan of chocolate vapes.
Just started experimenting with NN's "OMFG It's Chocolate!", and I've to say that I absolutely cannot stand the smell of it when sniffing the bottle. Yet in a vape, in small doses… Yep, it tastes exactly like a hot chocolate.

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed on the chocolate. Not a fan of chocolate vapes. On the other end of the spectrum, I really don't like coconut, but can vape it all day long.

I loathe coconut....cannot stand it in any way, shape or form...the smell, the taste the texture...no thank you. In fact my hatred of it is so bad, that I can taste a tiny teaspoon of it if it was added to something. I would find it and start gagging...I am sorry for that since you seem to love it, but I just can't!

Hi there! My name is Lynn and I'm new here!

For me, I like to mix flavors a lot, and love the taste of RY4 (PNW 's NW4, or Mister E's RY4) with a few drops each of Halo's Malibu and Devlin. To die for! I also vape regularly Glas's Pound cake, and Charlie's Chalk Dust's CCD3 (Sea Salt Savory Caramel and Vanilla Ice Cream). All of them are divine if you're a desert vape enthusiest like me. However anything chocolate or coffee flavoured and I nearly gag. Eww.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I loathe coconut....cannot stand it in any way, shape or form...the smell, the taste the texture...no thank you. In fact my hatred of it is so bad, that I can taste a tiny teaspoon of it if it was added to something. I would find it and start gagging...I am sorry for that since you seem to love it, but I just can't!
At least with the vape, there's no coconut texture, LOL.

Hi there! My name is Lynn and I'm new here!

For me, I like to mix flavors a lot, and love the taste of RY4 (PNW 's NW4, or Mister E's RY4) with a few drops each of Halo's Malibu and Devlin. To die for! I also vape regularly Glas's Pound cake, and Charlie's Chalk Dust's CCD3 (Sea Salt Savory Caramel and Vanilla Ice Cream). All of them are divine if you're a desert vape enthusiest like me. However anything chocolate or coffee flavoured and I nearly gag. Eww.
Welcome to the forum :wave:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello! New here and new to DIY. I definitely have the same problem...Raisins, tobacco, some chocolates, mango, a few raspberries and blueberries I've tried don't work for me. I stick to bakery, custards and other fruits.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know that Alien Vapor has a Pizza flavoured juice...ick. Lol I'm more asking about fruits and dessert flavours...maybe beverages too?
Grossssssss.......

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I HATE blueberry and watermelon juice. And coffee (unfgh) I drink coffee all day long, but as a vape it always tastes like burnt greasy coffee beans.

Also all soda flavors. They taste like you're drinking flat soda syrup.

BAM crew

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And gum....bubblegum, chewing gum.....hate to vape them, straight up nasty. Only one I ever liked was @Daintanee's Dentyne gum vape. The rest of them - BLEH!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And gum....bubblegum, chewing gum.....hate to vape them, straight up nasty. Only one I ever liked was @Daintanee's Dentyne gum vape. The rest of them - BLEH!
I'm not really a gum vaper, either, but I remember back when HIC posted the bubble gum vape. THE SCIENCE! had me dying to find out about the taste, so when I finally got to it, I remember saying out loud, "I'll be damned". Straight up like the old time bubble gum. That was trippy, and quite the experiment.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually I would dearly love to vape an authentic Juicy Fruit flavor. I can't do any gum anymore, thx to more dental problems than I care to think about, but even when I could chew gum, I was always kinda *meh* about gum because the flavor lasts 5 minutes and then you have to spit it out -- it offended my inner tightwad. :giggle: But I love that Juicy Fruit flavor, and would love to vape it.

Andria

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually I would dearly love to vape an authentic Juicy Fruit flavor. I can't do any gum anymore, thx to more dental problems than I care to think about, but even when I could chew gum, I was always kinda *meh* about gum because the flavor lasts 5 minutes and then you have to spit it out -- it offended my inner tightwad. :giggle: But I love that Juicy Fruit flavor, and would love to vape it.

Andria

Oh that would be amazing! I can't chew gum at all, since I had to have all my teeth removed when I was 21 and have a full set of dentures....takes weeks to scrape gum off acrylic. I miss the Juicy Fruit gum flavour!

- I can drink gallons of dandelion & burdock. I love it. I tried vaping it & whilst it's just about tolerable, it's not really that nice...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My own juice? No, not up to that level yet...I'm not a chemist!
LOL, no worries. If ya do decide to venture there someday, the DIY section here is really great. It's seriously nowhere near as intimidating as it sounds.

I wish I knew of places that had that flavor of juice, but it's been a while since I bought any.

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL, no worries. If ya do decide to venture there someday, the DIY section here is really great. It's seriously nowhere near as intimidating as it sounds.

I wish I knew of places that had that flavor of juice, but it's been a while since I bought any.

I think my subconscious is making me stay away from mixing my own until NZ allows nic for juice...I'm still a teeny bit hooked, but I don't know if we are able to order in big bottles of nic for our own use yet....figured it's best to play it safe...plus want to read up about it so my first batch doesn't turn me bright blue...knowing my luck...lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh that would be amazing! I can't chew gum at all, since I had to have all my teeth removed when I was 21 and have a full set of dentures....takes weeks to scrape gum off acrylic. I miss the Juicy Fruit gum flavour!

You know what smells EXACTLY like the smell of Juicy Fruit gum? Slice up some bananas on a bowl of original, old-style cheerios, and pour milk on it... It's like "ok, who's chewing Juicy Fruit in here? GIMME!" :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think my subconscious is making me stay away from mixing my own until NZ allows nic for juice...I'm still a teeny bit hooked, but I don't know if we are able to order in big bottles of nic for our own use yet....figured it's best to play it safe...plus want to read up about it so my first batch doesn't turn me bright blue...knowing my luck...lol

Definitely do a lot of reading in the DIY threads, and read a lot of recipes, to get a feel for the flavors, the proportions, and the percentages.... while you acquire the various bits of "stuff" you'll need... like bottles, syringes; I did it completely piecemeal myself, so that by the time I felt ready to actually try it, I had pretty much all the supplies necessary.

Andria

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You know what smells EXACTLY like the smell of Juicy Fruit gum? Slice up some bananas on a bowl of original, old-style cheerios, and pour milk on it... It's like "ok, who's chewing Juicy Fruit in here? GIMME!" :giggle:

Andria

We don't get Cheerios in NZ...they're a kind of cereal, right?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We don't get Cheerios in NZ...they're a kind of cereal, right?

Ah, yes, they're little O's, made of toasted oats -- they aren't a "sugar sweetened" cereal, but do have a natural sweetness, which the bananas amplifies. (of course I also put sugar on them! :giggle:)

Andria

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah, yes, they're little O's, made of toasted oats -- they aren't a "sugar sweetened" cereal, but do have a natural sweetness, which the bananas amplifies. (of course I also put sugar on them! :giggle:)

Andria

Probably best I stay clear then...diabetic!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Probably best I stay clear then...diabetic!

Well, as I said, they're not sugar-sweetened at all, just have a natural sweetness from the toasted oats... and the bananas enhance that. They're quite high in soluble fiber, thanks to the oats, so if you could get them, you might not any problem with them. Even if Cheerios aren't sold there, there may be something analogous; Cheerios have been around for a LOOOOOOOONG time; they were my grandfather's favorite! :D

Andria

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, as I said, they're not sugar-sweetened at all, just have a natural sweetness from the toasted oats... and the bananas enhance that. They're quite high in soluble fiber, thanks to the oats, so if you could get them, you might not any problem with them. Even if Cheerios aren't sold there, there may be something analogous; Cheerios have been around for a LOOOOOOOONG time; they were my grandfather's favorite! :D

Andria

lol I have traditional home cooked porridge with milk. Sooo good on a cold winter's morning!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I will DEFINITELY be ordering some of that! Any idea on percentage?

Andria
I've only tried it at 2%, so YMMV. You might also want to add a bit of sweetener, or something. I was quite surprised by that one, it just needed a tiny bit of something... sweetener might do the job, or something like a tiny bit of marshmallow? On it's own, I was pretty surprised how close the flavor was.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
lol I have traditional home cooked porridge with milk. Sooo good on a cold winter's morning!

Oatmeal, you mean? I always try to have that at least once a week. Today is a different kind of "porridge" -- grits. In which I put chopped up breakfast sausage, a bit of chopped egg white, cheddar cheese, and a gob of margarine and black pepper. Nom nom. :D It's kinda like cornbread you can eat with a spoon. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've only tried it at 2%, so YMMV. You might also want to add a bit of sweetener, or something. I was quite surprised by that one, it just needed a tiny bit of something... sweetener might do the job, or something like a tiny bit of marshmallow? On it's own, I was pretty surprised how close the flavor was.

Definitely some sucralose, which I find VERY close to the taste of sugar -- which I put on cheerios, always. :D 2%, hmm.... I know it's FA, and they're supposed to be really strong, but still... I use 14.5% of INW shisha strawberry... so I might try the Tutti Frutti at maybe at least 4%, to start, and see if I can taste it at all.

Andria

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oatmeal, you mean? I always try to have that at least once a week. Today is a different kind of "porridge" -- grits. In which I put chopped up breakfast sausage, a bit of chopped egg white, cheddar cheese, and a gob of margarine and black pepper. Nom nom. :D It's kinda like cornbread you can eat with a spoon. :giggle:

Andria

Our porridge is made from whole rolled oats...I think oatmeal might be crushed oats to make a thinner kind of porridge. Never had 'grits' though.

Ha Ha - Not sure if they sell it where you live. In the UK it's a soft drink - https://benshawsdrinks.co.uk/our-drinks/dandelion-and-burdock/

Obviously we don't lol. It's not like that awful aloe vera slimy stuff is it?

VU Sponsors