Become a Patron!

For (KATO) Hammer Mod Enthusiasts!

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently ordered an hcigar hammer mod with silver plated pins. This is such a unique mod that I needed to add it to my collection. I wanted to start this thread for people to post their hammer pics and discuss different setups and best manufacturers out there creating these bad boys. Also I've been hearing about interchangeable top caps and switches with other mods like the chi you or king mods. Are there any more mods out there that are interchangeable as well? Let's see the hammer fans out there! IT'S HAMMER TIME! uploadfromtaptalk1405340021075.jpg

Kang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Kato Hammer and it's been collecting dust. I use it mainly for building on haha. I still love it though… toyed with the idea of selling it but I love it too much.

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know if the threads are 20x1? Or what other switches or top caps fit on this besides the king and chi you?

Celcius666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's not 20x1 threads, not on my clone anyway. I tried to put a JM22 button on it but sadly it's not fitting.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Tobeco from Coast To Coast with a silver plated spring kit. Performance was fairly underwhelming. I went with a $4 chi you/king cap from FT. Drop on a 1.07 Ohm build was from 4.10 at rest 3.65 under load. I'd be interested to see how the Hcigar does with silver pins. I tend to use it with a Taifun GS at 1.2 ohms and a kick so the FT cap works fine for that.

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I can use a kick on the hammer? I got two tubes. A large and small tube. The large is the 18650 extension so I'm guessing the smaller tube is for the kick ring?

toughguitar

Member For 5 Years
I love my hammer and use it all the time. After fixing the voltage drop, it gives me a satisfying vape. I like it because it is different from the more traditional tube shaped devices and I am not a fan of devices with a bottom firing button.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I can use a kick on the hammer? I got two tubes. A large and small tube. The large is the 18650 extension so I'm guessing the smaller tube is for the kick ring?
Sorry been busy. Yeah, the small tube holds the kick and goes on the atty side. There will be a small gap depending on the make of your kick. I have the FT and the Smoktech with the Smoktech being slightly shorter. I use that one and adjust for equal gaps between the body and the tube and the cap and the tube so that no threads show. Looks fine and works well.

Lorem Ipsum

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been enjoying my Hammer clone for a few months with my Kraken RBA. I typically use this in 18350 mode.

KaKJCIb.jpg

VU Sponsors