Become a Patron!

For sale, Custom StabWood DNA250. Perfectly Imperfect.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So Im doing it. Putting one of my hand made DNA boxes up for sale. Im not and expert, these arent mass produced. If your looking for a mod that is perfectly symmetrical and computer guided and laser cut within a thousandth of a millimeter, this might not be for you. However if your looking for a Mod with some internal Character, with the warmth of wood, then perhaps this is for you.

Started with a block of stabilized and dyed walnut burl. It was gutted on my drill press using an end mill bit. once everything was relieved and the electronics fit the block was sanded down to 1500 grit. 20 coats of CA glue were used for the finish. after three coats of CA it was sanded again. Final coat of CA was polished out to look like glass.

There are a few inclusions in the wood. they have been sealed with the CA, but they are still there. hence part of the reason why I call these Perfectly Imperfect.

The 510 is a 30mm Source 510 from Voltrove. Ive had pretty good experience with these, and with the 30mm landing pad even most large tanks wont scratch up the finish.

DNA250 inside, wiring should accommodate most 1300-1800 batts. I center mount the 510 as I cant stand it on the side like most mods are, so that cuts into the battery space a little. Oh well. They are perfectly imperfect, remember?

I am asking $250 shipped in the US for this. Lipo battery is not included, shipping gets hinkey when I have a battery in the package.

Anyway, on to the pics!

20170812_230554.jpg 20170812_230603.jpg 20170812_230606.jpg 20170812_230612.jpg

VU Sponsors