For the recall statement : the response From Pioneer4you

p4y -Ethan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dear Vapers:
Firstly our product is safety. The recall by Liberty Flights is a misunderstand. We are sorry for the inconvience of this issue. This is Our statement for IPV3.

Wish everyone. Happy vaping

statement1.jpg

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get rid of the (ty) at the end of safety first off , it would make more sense . Since you brought up ASMODUS lets discuss what they have done , after all they are the ones that changed the one year warranty to a six month warranty (make customers prepay an administrative fee ) and make consumers pay return shipping which was not required at first .

It's unacceptable enough that you allowed ASMODUS to charge an extra $20.00 for a charging cord which makes the iPV III (if paying retail ) a $160.00 device .

Your pal BUDKISS also thinks the ASMODUS drama is unacceptable and despite him avoiding the subject while directly corresponding with you in these forums i have no problem doing so since i know you will see it . ASMODUS is costing your company lots of sales but it's apparent P4U doesn't care enough to comment on it.

i'll let this thread get back on topic now.

Last edited:

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
VH, I have addressed the Asmodus issue with P4Y without any successful resolution (or official reply). I agree, i think the warranty shipping cost and "administrative fee" is absolutely terrible and the change from 12 months to six months is crappy too. Shame on them both. NOT the way to do business.

I also brought up several other concerns i have had with the premature release of boxes/then have us beta test them/ then update and fix the unit/ and then release a new and improved one... it is absolute nonsense. Again, not good for business.

The charging cord thing is another gripe i have had and i have made this fairly public (even created a buyer beware thread in the wall of shame). An oversight? A mistake on cost projections? An assumption that folks with deal with the screws on the back plate to remove and charge batteries? Who knows. I am just glad the charge port WORKS as my first ipv3 unit it did not (albeit it was a prerelease test unit).

I am still disappointed that the touch fire doesn't work...in fact it isnt even connected. Now i see where two vendors have personalized versions of the ipv3 about to be released that HAVE a working touch fire. Really?!?!

I am glad the vape community rallies together to hold manufacturers to a high standard.

I applaud Liberty for airing on the side of caution on this recall issue although in hind sight they might have saved themselves a lot of stress by checking out the issue deeper first. Who knows though... maybe they did have a box with melting issues. Both my ipv2 and 3 have that silica filler material inside which looks at first glance like melted black plastic.

I am glad Ethan has joined VU (even though i wouldn't call him my "pal"). Maybe he will be a source of credibility and answers for the many questions ipv owners have.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VH, I have addressed the Asmodus issue with P4Y without any successful resolution (or official reply). I agree, i think the warranty shipping cost and "administrative fee" is absolutely terrible and the change from 12 months to six months is crappy too. Shame on them both. NOT the way to do business.

I also brought up several other concerns i have had with the premature release of boxes/then have us beta test them/ then update and fix the unit/ and then release a new and improved one... it is absolute nonsense. Again, not good for business.

The charging cord thing is another gripe i have had and i have made this fairly public (even created a buyer beware thread in the wall of shame). An oversight? A mistake on cost projections? An assumption that folks with deal with the screws on the back plate to remove and charge batteries? Who knows. I am just glad the charge port WORKS as my first ipv3 unit it did not (albeit it was a prerelease test unit).

I am still disappointed that the touch fire doesn't work...in fact it isnt even connected. Now i see where two vendors have personalized versions of the ipv3 about to be released that HAVE a working touch fire. Really?!?!

I am glad the vape community rallies together to hold manufacturers to a high standard.

I applaud Liberty for airing on the side of caution on this recall issue although in hind sight they might have saved themselves a lot of stress by checking out the issue deeper first. Who knows though... maybe they did have a box with melting issues. Both my ipv2 and 3 have that silica filler material inside which looks at first glance like melted black plastic.

I am glad Ethan has joined VU (even though i wouldn't call him my "pal"). Maybe he will be a source of credibility and answers for the many questions ipv owners have.

Ethan still hasn't addressed any of people's real concerns regarding warranties and things you just brought up like touch fire etc.. This drives me crazy. Addresses one thing but ignores the others..

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Alright BUDKISS , my apologies then , i was out of line. I knew you were not happy with the way things are being handled as you have said that many times but i was unaware you had discussed it with P4U .

My fault.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ethan still hasn't addressed any of people's real concerns regarding warranties and things you just brought up like touch fire etc.. This drives me crazy. Addresses one thing but ignores the others..

Sometimes keeping hush and avoiding the issues says everything in itself and none of it's good, unfortunately.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Having someone proof read this beforehand would have been a good idea..

I think it was proof read and approved lol.

To be fair, i can't recall a single sentence or paragraph ever , by any Chinese company which didn't raise an eyebrow or make me shake my head muttering WTF.

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Funny how someone actually used epoxy (like people have been bitching they should) instead of hotglue, and they get called out..

VU Sponsors