Become a Patron!

Forced Vaping?

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
No clue how to title this topic but here's the story.

About a year back I stopped by at a vape shop to get some juice close by after work since my local shops close by the time I get home. Anyways, I asked the guy if I could try some flavors and he didnt have his shop mod ready. So he gave me his mod with an RDA and I vaped off of it. Well, it was a pretty damn hot vape, but what got my interest was the vape was being pushed into my mouth/lungs without needing to take hard hits. Best way to describe it was it felt like instantaneous bursting bubbles of vape mist.

Well now I am getting into RDAs and RTAs but I have no idea how to replicate that exact feel of vaping. I have vaped on some high wattage pre made coils (TFV12 350 watt coils) and got the heat, but I cant get the bursting bubble effect.

Sorry if this isnt descriptive enough but I dont have much to recollect on. If anybody can point me in the right direction to try building something I would be greatly appreciative. Pics, directions, links, any help at all.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
perhaps a dragon coil of some kind

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Do you remember what gear he was using?

Maybe some sort of series set up with the mod and huge coils .....that’ll do that

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
King, cant remember what coil type it was or RDA used. It was definately a mech mod and the RDA had no drip tip. You could tell at first glance it was some serious gear he was using.

Lordmage, will look into the dragon coil builds. Seems simple enough. Face coil upward and wrap cotton on the outside.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Tail piping on the rda? Or it was actually designed with no tip?

If it was an instant ramp up and hot it’s likely the mod was in series ...high voltage, high wattage, lots of wraps

Careful building too low on such a mod (with current draw)

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I recall he had no tip for that RDA for whatever reason. So I guess I was tailpiping it.

I dont own an actual mech mod but regulated mods. Not sure if that would help. But I imagine it would be a complex coil build? Now I really feel uncertain about this.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I recall he had no tip for that RDA for whatever reason. So I guess I was tailpiping it.

I dont own an actual mech mod but regulated mods. Not sure if that would help. But I imagine it would be a complex coil build? Now I really feel uncertain about this.
It depends also on if it was a single. Battery mod, or series.

You don’t need a complex build for clouds.
In fact many simple round wire builds will produce more vapor with a mechanical. The idea is to maximize use of power whic often times means limiting coil mass.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Best bet is to stay away from a mechs until you do plenty of research and are comfortable taking the added risks ...don’t get me wrong used properly they are fine...but you don’t get the safety of regulated, so if you balls something up it can go south quick, so you do need to be switched on always especially with nicks in the wraps etc

While you are exploring new builds at different wattages. I actually really like the cross overs with a mofset ...something like the feedlink, dpro 133, Recurve etc etc you get to understand how mechs would sort of respond with builds using one of these unregulated mods (with safety features)

Without knowing what he was using it’s hard to say ...perhaps stick in a couple of framed staple coils in for your regulated mod and go at it about 80-120W and you’ll get plenty of vapour from those.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

About a year back I stopped by at a vape shop to get some juice close by after work since my local shops close by the time I get home. Anyways, I asked the guy if I could try some flavors and he didnt have his shop mod ready. So he gave me his mod with an RDA and I vaped off of it. Well, it was a pretty damn hot vape, but what got my interest was the vape was being pushed into my mouth/lungs without needing to take hard hits. Best way to describe it was it felt like instantaneous bursting bubbles of vape mist.

Well now I am getting into RDAs and RTAs but I have no idea how to replicate that exact feel of vaping. I have vaped on some high wattage pre made coils (TFV12 350 watt coils) and got the heat, but I cant get the bursting bubble effect.

Sorry if this isnt descriptive enough but I dont have much to recollect on. If anybody can point me in the right direction to try building something I would be greatly appreciative. Pics, directions, links, any help at all.

Have you considered going back to the shop and asking the dude about his topper and what build was in it?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only time when I felt this same exact force was with my first ever coil build at 140 watts on the Reuleaux RX300 with 4 × Sony VTC5A, and, no, I'm not shitting you on that. I believe it's caused by midichlorians in addition to the batteries being green like Yoda (OK, now I am shitting you only just a little bit, but not a whole lot actually...).

build1.jpg

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I am honestly scared to try mechs in a way not havin those safety features found in reg mods. I have no intention to start until I know fully well what I am doin, from battery to the vape. I just dont want to be "that idiot". In the future, I do plan to get my blank screen Smok H Priv 2 gutted and switched to mech, but another day.

Juicy, I did but waited too long and the guy had no idea what he had in that mod (of many he had at home). Looks like I just have to start from scratch and see where it takes me.

Caramb, oh how much I miss my RX300. I am hopin maybe at some point I might buy another one unless someone else comes out with something new and awesome. If not buy another I may just try my hand and build my own at some point.

Thanks for all the responses and help everyone. It looks as though I will just have to keep buildin my own till I find something that works. Right now all I have a Mutation X4 RDA and the Freemax RTA to play with. I need to do some huntin but I hope I can find one a bit bigger to play with. Not to mention only 20ga to build on till I can get to the shop tomorrow. Oy I am a mess :p

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

It seems like framed staple builds "shoot out" vapor, sometimes noticeably in one direction - I don't understand why mine tend to shoot out towards the sides, but they do - but occaionally they shoot straight up, sounds like what you're talking about

Edit: you know, one of the last things I do when installing coils is pull them outwards, maybe this compacts the ribbon in some way that causes it to expel vapor

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Caramb, oh how much I miss my RX300. I am hopin maybe at some point I might buy another one unless someone else comes out with something new and awesome. If not buy another I may just try my hand and build my own at some point.
The RX300 was only one part of the equation... I've never experienced the force on anything other than this one particular setup/combination, and that not only included the RX300, but also the 25mm Troll RDA 2 with the coil build shown in the picture I posted, which was a dual coil staple staggered fused claptons (SSFC) with 25.5g KA1 frames / 4ply .5×.1 KA1 ribbon / 36g Ni80, at 5 full wraps, 2.5mm ID. (With only 4.5 wraps you run the risk of it dipping below .1 ohm so that the Wismec can't fire it.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
which was a dual coil staple staggered fused claptons (SSFC) with 25.5g KA1 frames / 4ply .5×.1 KA1 ribbon / 36g Ni80, at 5 full wraps, 2.5mm ID.
(head explodes)

It seems staple style coils keeps popping up in this topic. I have no clue how to build this style of coil at all lol. I dont assume I could just outright buy a few of these somewhere?

I also noticed in another topic where others were postin their builds alot of them were building in the .4 to .5 range. Would there not be a difference in flavor/cloud production between those and one built in the .1x range?

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Went to the shop today and bought a pair of Medusa Coil staggered fused claptons .45 for my Fireluke Pro RTA. Of course it now reads at .21 it hits fairly nicely at 200 watts but still comes up short of where I am headin. Too bad I still dont have my RX300 to turn it up more but the feel heat and vape volume is almost right there.

Does this mean if I could crank it up more I would get what I am lookin for, or the fact I am not using staples hindering me?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(head explodes)

It seems staple style coils keeps popping up in this topic. I have no clue how to build this style of coil at all lol. I dont assume I could just outright buy a few of these somewhere?

I also noticed in another topic where others were postin their builds alot of them were building in the .4 to .5 range. Would there not be a difference in flavor/cloud production between those and one built in the .1x range?
Probably you could order them from someone who is willing to custom tailor them to those exact specifications, but I'll emphasize I had no prior experience in coil building at the time when I built these coils, and in fact at that time I hadn't even been vaping for a month yet. Granted, I'm not the clumsiest guy that walks the planet, BUT... this isn't rocket surgery by any stretch of the imagination either...

Here's the original build video tutorial for this particular type of coil build:

However, to build the spaced clapton part, there exist various other techniques that you might prefer. I decided to use the button trick as shown by Coil Mother Fudger on YouTube, but nowadays I prefer to use an adaptation of that method, which goes as follows. Put the spool of 36g wrap wire in a ziploc bag and close the ziploc only 2/3 of the way with the wire sticking out of the ziploc. The bag needs to be big enough for the spool to be able to turn smoothly in there. If the bag is a tad oversized, you can fold the left or right side of the bag and put tape on it to keep the fold in place. Next, put the bag in a box on the floor in such a way that both the bag and the box will keep standing up vertical, and, if needed, tape the bag to the inside of the box for making it stable. Also if needed, add a little extra weight to the box for this same reason. By doing this the 36g wrap wire becomes much easier to guide onto your core wires when compared to just holding the spool of wire with your hand, as now you can just lean your forearms onto your lap and relax whilst you concentrate on trying to use The Force. :p Here's another tip... if you're having trouble tying the button up like shown in Coil Mother Fudger's video, you can use a bit of tape to hold the button in place and then remove the tape again after the tying it up part's finished, and, during the tying it up part, pull both ends of the little piece of wire away from each other with equal tension as you twist the ends together, turn by turn by turn. As a final extra step in my adaptation of the button trick, I tie a small weight to the button by using a bit of tying wire that I pull through the lowermost hole in the button to prevent the button from wanting to start shaking as I speed my drill up to medium speed.

Wearing two pairs of plastic 3× magnification reading glasses stacked one in front of the other and leaving about 3/4 inch distance in between them (or wearing a pair of magnifying goggles, if you have them...) whilst sitting in a comfortable position leaning onto your lap like I explained above will enable you to concentrate and focus on guiding the 36g wrap wire into each space of the spaced clapton frames. For that part of this build, some people prefer to use a hand drill instead of a powered one, but personally, I, prefer to just use my Milwaukee M18 Fuel FPD-0 cordless drill on everything. Actually I wanted to get a Fiskars Rotary Craft 85167097J hand drill (not to be confused with the 85116984J version, as that one is a completely worthless shit toy). But I live across the pond (Europe) and I still couldn't find this drill anywhere around here having searched fanatically for it a few times on the internet so anyway... to hell with that.

EDIT: As long as you make sure that the spaced clapton is built loosely enough that you can slide the 36g wire over the core wire back and forth all along the entire length, you shouldn't experience any trouble keeping the two frames properly aligned with each other, i.e., you'll find that the spaces of one frame will automatically stay lined up with the spaces of the other as you progess.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors