Former smoker saying hi

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone,

First off, I'd like to thank the vaping industry for helpinng me to quit smoking. Been a smoker for 28 years and for more than 2 decades, I've been trying to quit smoking every New Year. Tried gums, patches, candies - didn't work. Even tried the e-cigarette you can buy on gasoline convenient stores, and I quickly went back to smoking the very same day.

About a month ago, my co-workers introduced me to real vaping, They said, from experience it's easy to stop smoking AND save around $60 a month if I started vaping. I was hesitant at first because of my experience with the gasoline store bought e-cigs, but with all their encouragement and the thought of saving $60 a month made me decide to take a plunge.

So based on their adivce(s), I chose to get the Innokin MVP 2.0 kit with 2 i-Clear 16s... I got my MVP last November 11, 2014 (I'm takinng note of the date... LOL) and went to the closest vape shop and bought some e-juice at 18mg strength. Since I'm so used to buying cartons of cigarettes @ $60 a pop every 2 weeks, I got carried away and bought about 3 months worth of juice... On that day, I quit smoking, no jitters, nothing! I was amazed, given I still have around 6 and a half packs of cigarettes within easy reach, I never once got tempted to reach for a smoke. Amazing! (at least for me)

On November 14, 2014, I flew in from Texas to the Bay Area for a family affair and was surprised that my brother has been vaping for years, and he was never a regular smoker in his life! So I proudly showed off my Innokin MVP 2.0, he said nice! He then showed me his Sigelei 100W mod, with a drilled out atomizer and a 0.5 ohm buld. At that time I didn't know any better, but when he let me try his device, I was awestrucked with the richness of the flavor I was getting, it was like drinking a warm gulp of Mango juice! It suddenly dawned on me how much flavor was lacking on my device.

I was in California for almost a week, and during my visit, my brother showed me the ins and outs of vaping. It turned out that not only does he make his own coils, he makes his own e-liquid and it was delicious! I now know how Adam felt when he tasted the forbidden fruit! If you hadn't had it, it's fine but once you tasted it, you just had to get more! Ignorance is indeed bliss in this case.

Fast forward into the present, and here I am now with a mechanical mod waiting idly as it waits for the batteries and two tank atomizers I bought online to arrive. Also bought some kanthal wires, a coiling jig, tools, ohm meter, charger and everything else to make my own builds, learned some of the lingo and watched countless YouTube videos. What would a man do to get his forbidden fruit? :D

As of the moment, I survive on my MVP with iClear 16 cartomizer.

I'm planning to buy the eLeaf Lemo and probably a Segelei 100W mod early next year, probably a dripper or two, and some tools and supplies I need to start making my own e-liquid...

I'm thankful my co-workers introduced me to the world of Vaping, I managed to quit smoking... At least they were right on that part. They were clearly wrong on the saving part... No thanks to my brother... LOL :D

So that's my story, sorry for the long read. I hope it wasn't too excruciating... Cheers!

-Caloy

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the smoke free world of VU.
Enjoy yourself

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice to meet you Caloy, Nice intro

welcome to VU , please enjoy the forum:)

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome.

If you come up with some delicious baked goods flavors, I always accept free things.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello from the diy crew. Lots of cool.folks over there so when your ready c'mon over to the dark side, we make our own juice!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground!

And thank you for sharing that wonderful story with us.

Unfortunately, you seem to have a bad case of "Shinyitus" like most of us here.

Constantly tempting your credit card with the latest and greatest of vape gear :)

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the smoke free world of VU.
Enjoy yourself
Somehow "Enjoy yourself" is suggesting something else... LOL...

Just joking. :D

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it was my brother too, who pointed me to this site. :D

I'm still trying to navigate my way around these forums, very extensive I must say. Cheers!

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Underground!

And thank you for sharing that wonderful story with us.

Unfortunately, you seem to have a bad case of "Shinyitus" like most of us here.

Constantly tempting your credit card with the latest and greatest of vape gear :)
I must confess, latest and greatest is something I can't afford. LOL

I wanted a Kayfun, but way out of my budget. With the help of some YouTube reviews, I found an alternative and probably saving me $150, an eLeaf Lemo. Yes it's rough around the edges, but would probably produce the same results. Compared with other mech-mods in the market, a regulated $100 mod like the Segelei seems to be a bargain. I'm still trying to find the perfect RDA that's within my budget, and vape preference (more on flavor than clouds). I'm still hunting with a budget $50. I think that's where I need to be more careful as this would be the one that produces the end results. :)

Anyway, the hunt goes on! Cheers!
-Caloy

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is a great placez ask questions, you'll probably get more answers and opinions than you'll know what to do with. What matters most is finding a method and taste u like. Been here just about a week or so myself and already learned a lot. Welcome to the vu.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello and welcome to the underground. I've tried the gum which was terrible I'd rather smoke than ever do that again. And the patch helped but I missed the feeling of smoking. The hand to mouth syndrome. Vaping has helped me to quit completely. Congrats

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi and welcome. Take a look at a Wotofo Sapor for the RDA. The Mutatiin V4 or V4S is also a good choice. Both priced mid 30s authentic.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Caloy and welcome to the V/U family, glad to meet you.

VU Sponsors