Forum not loading today?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
hi guys is anyone having probs with the forum today?

Use it from the iPhone 6plus doesn't seem to be loading properly today? Keep on having to reload the webpage from the google app

It particularly bad when I click on my alerts to reply it's just goes blank

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm working on networking issues that have been affecting NE US's Level3 users as of late.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
No problems here. Accessing via Comcast on the east coast.

Reactions: CJ

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm working on networking issues that have been affecting NE US's Level3 users as of late.

I'm based in uk if that helps anything ...also getting a subscribe banner popping up at the top which isn't normally present taking up about a quarter of the screen ...when I click on the VU banner it disappears then reappeares later might be this interfering with the display?

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm based in uk if that helps anything ...also getting a subscribe banner popping up at the top which isn't normally present taking up about a quarter of the screen ...when I click on the VU banner it disappears then reappeares later might be this interfering with the display?
Screenshot and message me the culprit. Also include your Operating System, Browser Type and Version, and if you wanna get crazy a tracert report to vapingunderground.com

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok this is strange I clicked on the exit for the banner and it's disappeared ever since I've done that though whenever I click on the vaping underground ribbon instead of taking me back to the forum menu keeping me logged in...it now logs me out (even with the stay logged in button selected) then takes me back to the forum menu

Have latest iOS pack 10.3.1
Using google app v24.1

IMG_0978.PNG

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Also when I am logged in I don't get all of the options I normally see below the vaping underground banner I.e new posts its like enlarged everything when logged in as you can see between the two screenshots

IMG_0979.PNG

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nothing with the forum itself has been changed, I'm using it myself via mobile.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
IMG_0983.PNG
Heres a different pic of what I mean zoomed out on the page

I'll try loading the site through safari see if that makes a difference

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Here you go this is the banner I was talking about appears in safari and follows me everywhere in the forum

IMG_0985.PNG

In the next pic I'm on this very post reply you can see how everything isn't displaying normally
IMG_0986.PNG

When I click on the cross to get rid of it I get logged out whatever option I choose ...am logging in through the site directly not via another place

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only odd thing I noticed around the same time was the forum kept asking me to login again

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been getting full black screen every time I went to reply to a post for about a second, everything went black and scattered (jumps all over the place) to load page again.
I'm in NE and use chrome.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here. Just after 6am I had to login again

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's doing it again. :tantrum: Logged out. Log in. Click on anything - "You must be logged in to do that..." Log in again. One page view later logged out again. And repeat.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yep still happening for me too if I click a link through alert flag or private message I don't get logged out ...click anywhere else though I get logged out ...as I said lost the view of new posts entirely from the main screen

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right after the Xenforo update/upgrade everything went to crap.
When I click on an email link (for the keep a word/drop a word) rather than get taken
to the actual post in the email I'm taken to the first page/post.
Then when I click on <forum list> then 'Whiskey's Corner #x' I get taken to the log in page
even though I am logged on and did check <stay logged on>

Too many cooks?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm having the "you must log in" problem when I hit refresh

Using Safari on Mac Yosemite version, that is fully updated

In Alaska if that matters

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had to login when I first got here around 11am, though I've always had the "stay logged in" thing checked. So far, it hasn't given me any further grief. *fingers crossed*

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to login when I first got here around 11am, though I've always had the "stay logged in" thing checked. So far, it hasn't given me any further grief. *fingers crossed*

Andria
I think it may have been fixed...it was a little checkmark that got left on by an admin

Reactions: CJ

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just had to re-log in again for the 100th (exaggerated, but still...) time this morning

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Please report any further issues to me via message, I will look into anything else that might be occurring per scenario. Please give it 30-45 minutes before messaging me as I've made a few changes regarding them already.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Same here

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it may have been fixed...it was a little checkmark that got left on by an admin
I spoke too soon...I saw a got a "like" from @CJ, clicked on here to look for comments
and got the dreaded "You must be logged in" message again.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Okay, I have abused the refresh button and the issue seems to have been fixed :)

Fingers crossed....

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Please report any further issues to me via message, I will look into anything else that might be occurring per scenario. Please give it 30-45 minutes before messaging me as I've made a few changes regarding them already.

M'kay but I just now had to logloglog in three times in a row. Log in, hover over notifications, "You must be logged in to do that..." Sigh.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just had to relog also, but I noticed that my "stay logged in" button had come unchecked. I rechecked it, so hopefully this time I'll stay logged in.

Andria

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Mine working fine at the moment even displays gone back to normal now thanks CJ ...I'll report back if it starts acting up again

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
For the record: You bet your bunnies I have had the "Stay logged in" check box ticked through all of this.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Looks like signature banners are missing, my FDA one is
Those are hosted outside of VU, sorry I can't answer anything regarding it other than the server they're coming from is offline or registering the request for the image as 500 error.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Seems to be back up and running.

Hell, I could not even log in until I cleaned my cache.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Those are hosted outside of VU, sorry I can't answer anything regarding it other than the server they're coming from is offline or registering the request for the image as 500 error.

500 error - that's what is going on with the sincemylastcigarette banner. :( I did message them about it but they have never been in a rush when issues with that banner needed to be addressed.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
500 error - that's what is going on with the sincemylastcigarette banner. :( I did message them about it but they have never been in a rush when issues with that banner needed to be addressed.
Their native language isn't English, so don't expect a rush on it :p

VU Sponsors