• Nay

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry voted "No" tought u meant Ribbon in the first place.
But sorry i can't tell u, dont have anny personal experience with it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's TIG welding wire. Doubt it's 100% stainless.

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's TIG welding wire. Doubt it's 100% stainless.
This is what i've found on FlatwireUK.

Quick Overview
Available In 21,22,24 and 25awg

Length : 8ft

Material: 317L

Flat wire same low resistance wire but increased surface area great for low builds ,knowledge of battery safety and ohms law is needed.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use flat wire 90% of the time. The SS ones are a bit springy but its ok just wrap .5mm smaller than you want the coil, 3mm bit will give you around 3.5mm id coil. SS wire is not a favorite of mine anyway I prefer KA1 or Ni80, just don't like the taste of SS wires. Flat wires give excellent vape for very little effort and give you a great inner diameter on your coil which makes it better for wicking while not taking up much build space. Flat wire is great :)

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome should be in by next week, grabbed some ss316 24 flat to start, the 20 and 22 were crazy low ohms by the ft. Also has a1 flat and braided flat for both ss and a1 . but I figured it would be hot spot city for the braided flat

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3JrjoTum.jpg
Flat wire claptons (a few cleans in) nice and fat but real easy to make and vape great. Yay for not needing much effort but giving top performance :)

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3JrjoTum.jpg
Flat wire claptons (a few cleans in) nice and fat but real easy to make and vape great. Yay for not needing much effort but giving top performance :)
Bought some like that on eBay. I was talking about flat wire though, round wire that has been flattened

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep thats rolled wire - round wire that has been flattened by putting through a jewellers roller, you get it from Stealthvape in the UK. You can of course hammer out some round wire or get a roller ...but why bother when you can buy it ready done?

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using it for about a week works great, reads perfect on standard 316 mode on rx200s

VU Sponsors