Become a Patron!

FrankenMod - The SuperM4

QuikWgn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was messing with my big box of lonely mechs the other night, which I hardly ever do anymore now that I have Hana's and a IPV50 & GI2 v2 on the way. I had 5 mods in the box by the same manufacturer and all of them were the older double telescoping designs for use with 18350/18500/18650's. I took them all apart and started mixing and matching pieces and came up with this beast. Currently it is carrying 3 Sony VTC5's stacked for 12.6v of unregulated power. On top is a TOBH v1, sporting a .8 ohm build of 3.5mm wound 8 wrap 24ga KA1 dual coils wicked with Koh Gen Do organic cotton. In the current configuration its pulling 16 amps at 12.6 volts for a total of 227 watts. Truthfully the 24ga is far too thin. Dry burning for more than a second or two will melt the coil in no time flat. I'm looking at some G-Plat 20ga Haywire which should be more survivable. If I drop to a .5ohm 20ga build I should be pushing right at the 30amp burst limit of the VTC5's at around 400w. I also picked up some of the 35A LG's and am looking at those new 40A "Vamped" vapor cells as well if they have good test results. Yes that is a 2 liter soda bottle next to it for comparison.

SuperM4.jpg

PondScum

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't like the LG's. I have got the Vamped 40's and they seem to work well for me. Better then the Purple efest's, from what I am told the black Vamped are like those.

QuikWgn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Even @ 400w and .5 ohms the discharge burst is only going to be about 30A. And considering I get as much vape in about 2-3 seconds as I do off my Magma in a 10 second hit @ 4.2v on the same build. So I really am not too concerned about needing more amp reserve than the VTC5's give me.

26650_hero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was messing with my big box of lonely mechs the other night, which I hardly ever do anymore now that I have Hana's and a IPV50 & GI2 v2 on the way. I had 5 mods in the box by the same manufacturer and all of them were the older double telescoping designs for use with 18350/18500/18650's. I took them all apart and started mixing and matching pieces and came up with this beast. Currently it is carrying 3 Sony VTC5's stacked for 12.6v of unregulated power. On top is a TOBH v1, sporting a .8 ohm build of 3.5mm wound 8 wrap 24ga KA1 dual coils wicked with Koh Gen Do organic cotton. In the current configuration its pulling 16 amps at 12.6 volts for a total of 227 watts. Truthfully the 24ga is far too thin. Dry burning for more than a second or two will melt the coil in no time flat. I'm looking at some G-Plat 20ga Haywire which should be more survivable. If I drop to a .5ohm 20ga build I should be pushing right at the 30amp burst limit of the VTC5's at around 400w. I also picked up some of the 35A LG's and am looking at those new 40A "Vamped" vapor cells as well if they have good test results. Yes that is a 2 liter soda bottle next to it for comparison.

Dude. AWESOME!

But seriously, that thing is like the Hennessey Viper of mods. Practical? no. Safe? no. Overpowered in the most awesome way? Hell yea!

VU Sponsors