Become a Patron!

Freak'n Sub-Tank

I have been vaping for 5 years. I don't buy anything without watching 5 to 10 video and/or written reviews. So I knew about everything there was to know before I bought it.

First, its deceptive. It "looks" like a better "Aerotank" its nothing like the Aerotank. I have 8 Aerotanks, I moved from the old Vivo Tanks which I really liked, I have 15 of these and 50 heads I stopped using after trying the Aerotank. OK off topic...the Sub-Tank...

Its airy, really, really airy. I would say crazy airy. O.k., its cool let's try the RBA mode, I was so careful, really careful taking off the top, but NO, one of the tiny screws was put on by a power tool. It is not coming out, as careful as I was the screw is now stripped and it hasn't moved a bit, and it never will.

So I have $50 useless tank. Maybe not all useless, I can use my AeroTank heads, the tank works just like an Aerotank (still airy though). Even at the tinniest air setting, a ton of air gets through.

Unless some starts to sell parts to the Sub-Tank, guess I am out of luck. Still upset about it though, I had hopes for this tank.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like how airy it is. Can do a direct lung hit with the AFC all the way open when vaping subohm...love it...
Bummer about the top screws...mine turn just fine...

mattallen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Drill the screw out and tap it to next size. Should be fairly easy. But Kanger should replace it for you.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been vaping for 5 years. I don't buy anything without watching 5 to 10 video and/or written reviews. So I knew about everything there was to know before I bought it.

First, its deceptive. It "looks" like a better "Aerotank" its nothing like the Aerotank. I have 8 Aerotanks, I moved from the old Vivo Tanks which I really liked, I have 15 of these and 50 heads I stopped using after trying the Aerotank. OK off topic...the Sub-Tank...

Its airy, really, really airy. I would say crazy airy. O.k., its cool let's try the RBA mode, I was so careful, really careful taking off the top, but NO, one of the tiny screws was put on by a power tool. It is not coming out, as careful as I was the screw is now stripped and it hasn't moved a bit, and it never will.

So I have $50 useless tank. Maybe not all useless, I can use my AeroTank heads, the tank works just like an Aerotank (still airy though). Even at the tinniest air setting, a ton of air gets through.

Unless some starts to sell parts to the Sub-Tank, guess I am out of luck. Still upset about it though, I had hopes for this tank.
Return it. If the screw wouldn't come off then it's defective.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree, you should return it. Otherwise, there are great videos on youtube on how to rebuild the heads, so you don't have to use the rebuild deck. Also, isn't there some way to cover the holes a bit, say with a vapeband? Cover them just enough to get it to where you like it.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regarding the airiness ... isn't it? I love that about it. That said when using it at lower wattages with the 1.2 ohm coil, I've found stopping the air control between detents so that intake is limited to 1/2 of one hole tunes it perfectly.

About that screw ... you really should return or exchange the tank. Unless you are going to fix it yourself, I don't think we can help you with that part of your dilemna.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Regarding the airiness ... isn't it? I love that about it. That said when using it at lower wattages with the 1.2 ohm coil, I've found stopping the air control between detents so that intake is limited to 1/2 of one hole tunes it perfectly.

About that screw ... you really should return or exchange the tank. Unless you are going to fix it yourself, I don't think we can help you with that part of your dilemna.
You can still rebuild the coil heads without having to remove the screw.

VU Sponsors